• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

Potentiating Kratom?

To begin, I have never done kratom. I am also not an oxy user or anything. No opiate tolerance. I have done lean once (have heard thats barely an opiate) and a perk once.

From what I have read, kratom seems very stimulating like coffee. But I have read somewhere that in higher doses it can be sedating. True? And with opiates, promethazine potentiates them. Is kratom an opiate, or just opiate-like? if that makes sense..

I was prescribed promethazine and have a bunch left over, I am curious to see if the sedating effects of kratom can be increased with it. Thanks!

To begin, I have never done kratom. I am also not an oxy user or anything. No opiate tolerance. I have done lean once (have heard thats barely an opiate) and a perk once.

From what I have read, kratom seems very stimulating like coffee. But I have read somewhere that in higher doses it can be sedating. True? And with opiates, promethazine potentiates them. Is kratom an opiate, or just opiate-like? if that makes sense..

I was prescribed promethazine and have a bunch left over, I am curious to see if the sedating effects of kratom can be increased with it. Thanks!

I merged your post with the megathread
Kratom is an opioid
Opiate -> acts on the opioid receptors and is derived from the poppy plant (i.e. codeine, morphine etc.)
Opioid -> acts on the opioid receptors and is not derived from the poppy plant

Hi, I take Kratom every day and noticed that Sometimes I get really bad dry mouth. When I have anxiety (social anxiety), it gets worse and I cannot talk to people. Every time I go out I get the fucking dry mouth! I would like to know if kratom worsens anxiety...and thus the anxiety makes the dry mouth worse?

Does anyone have the dry mouth problem? If so how do you deal with it. Or Anxiety for that matter?

It's been my experience that kratom only causes anxiety when re-dosing too soon. Otherwise, it has actually helped my anxiety, even the more stimulating types. When I have re-dosed too soon, though, I have indeed gotten pretty horrendous anxiety.

And yes, I often do get some pretty bad dry mouth as well. Usually with doses in upwards of 10 grams or more.

west virginia has a bill on the table now to schedule kratom.

these bastards really just hate drugs of any kind more than anything in the world don't they

So, I feel pretty damn stupid for getting quite as dependent on kratom as I have. I have a job that does random drug tests, so instead of partaking in the things I would really like to (weed, opiates, benzos), I turned to kratom because it was legal. Well, I started enjoying it a little bit too much and have completely wiped out my savings on it.

I was taking approximately 20 - 30 grams every day for the past several months now (originally starting back in May), and I decided to quit last night. I'm sweaty, my legs hurt really badly, and I have little to no energy to do anything. Even going to the bathroom or making a sandwich feels like a huge chore right now. I have felt extremely depressed today, though I can't say for sure whether that's related to quitting cold turkey or not. I also just feel generally uncomfortable, like no matter what I'm doing, I just don't feel well. Kind of like how a hangover just generally makes you feel unpleasant. I don't have any nausea or diarrhea, though I do have some stomach pains and little to no appetite.

I'm a bit concerned because I have work tomorrow and I'm sure I'll still feel like shit, if not worse, then. I know this is nowhere near the withdrawal I'd be going through on anything harder, but it still really sucks. Anybody have any tips on what I can do to feel at least a little better? I'm drinking a lot of water and just trying to rest my body as much as I can, because I have a very hectic job and know I will be exhausted after work.

You should taper down before quitting CT. 20-30g is heavy daily dosing. Kratom is an opioid, and while WD and tolerance aren't as bad as most pharmaceutical opioids, they're still a problem. You're experiencing physical WD symptoms.

Try taking just enough kratom to make your WD bearable, and slowly drop your dose before completely quitting.

^ I agree..tapering is your friend. You would be surprised how just a couple grams in the morning will help get you going.

I hate to say but if you are feeling this bad so soon then the next the 48-72 hours to will probably be really bad if you still insist on going cold turkey.

^ I agree..tapering is your friend. You would be surprised how just a couple grams in the morning will help get you going.

I hate to say but if you are feeling this bad so soon then the next the 48-72 hours to will probably be really bad if you still insist on going cold turkey.

Really good point IMO. Surprisingly small doses can help a ton!

Try taking just enough kratom to make your WD bearable, and slowly drop your dose before completely quitting.

Really good point IMO. Surprisingly small doses can help a ton!

I was originally adamant about completely quitting now and detoxing at home, but I trust your guys' judgment, so I'll hear you all out and try to taper down a bit. Sure enough, I had some remainders left from some OPMS liquid alkaloids to mellow out my symptoms for tonight, and I'll try to be disciplined and buy some tomorrow just to dose myself down until I have a few more days off. I'll try to post over the next few days as I dose down, just to tell about what happens. Thanks heaps for the advice.

I guess was asking how quickly the physical symptoms pass for you but it you remember how long the mental stuff hung around for then that info is helpful too.

Im sorry for my delay in a response. I haven't logged in much lately. All I can tell you is from my own personal experience, and WD seems to vary greatly from individual to individual.

My first 24 hours is rather mild. I experience boredom and restlessness mentally, on a physical level I start having annoying sweating that is much worse during sleep. I wake up really sweaty and hate that. Physically, for me, it's the 24-48 mark that is the hardest. Total lack of appetite, slight leg pain, and insomnia. After the 48 hour mark (roughly), for me, physical symptoms greatly diminish and it just becomes major anxiety, and again, the boredom and WTF do I do with my time kind of thing.

Maybe I'm lucky on the physical end of it bc it's 2 days of shit and then basically normal again. For me, the mental part going into day 3 and beyond is a bit of a bitch.

Have been using kratom successfully for more than 2 years of almost daily consumption of about 4-8 grams a day, mostly white strains. No noticeable WD for me.
But few months ago I've noticed a strange skin dryness which got accompanied by keratosis pilaris (called chicken skin), it's not dangerous in any way but it is uncomfortable. So I'm not sure if kratom or any contaminant had caused this issue. Anybody else had noticed extremely dry skin from kratom use?

Alright, so last night, I took about 6 grams worth and knocked back a liquid alkaloid (which I BELIEVE is about 5 grams worth) and I was able to get myself out of the sweats/aches, and got just the slightest bit of a mellow feeling.

Today, I took another liquid alkaloid before work, and was able to feel alright throughout my shift, aside from a little bit of anxiety (though this could just be me on the regular). Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep tonight! I'm thinking of cutting myself down to 5 grams per day over the next couple of days, and then down to 2 or 3 after that.

Alright, so last night, I took about 6 grams worth and knocked back a liquid alkaloid (which I BELIEVE is about 5 grams worth) and I was able to get myself out of the sweats/aches, and got just the slightest bit of a mellow feeling.

Today, I took another liquid alkaloid before work, and was able to feel alright throughout my shift, aside from a little bit of anxiety (though this could just be me on the regular). Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep tonight! I'm thinking of cutting myself down to 5 grams per day over the next couple of days, and then down to 2 or 3 after that.
Noname, I'm telling ya, ya gotta try smoking CBD isolate in a methpipe. I thought seroquel was strong, but CBD in this manner will make you sleep sooooo hard :) Now, on topic, I have found kratom boiled down into a tea to be more potent. Hope that helps, at least to make your kratom go further.

greetings! I'm sorry you had a seizure but as you are reading this, someone is dying from a prescribed pain pill! It should say "not for human consumption on the pill bottle! I was enslaved by big pharma for years treating my pain. My liver probably looks like swiss cheese! I found a way out of that insanity, something i thought would never happen. Trapped. Now free! For myself and countless others, kratom was a life saver! Now our government wants to ban it! Why would they ban a relativley safe natural alternative to the dangerous drugs being crammed down the throats of good americans? Big pharma has an obligation to their shareholders and they don't like when people treat themselves. The lobbiests from big pharma then do damage control by greasing the palms of the scumbags that run our country!! Fuck them I say. That's my rant, thanks for listening! It's rare, but some people have adverse reactions to kratom. I'm sorry it happened to you. I'm sure it was'nt nice. It is these rare incidents that the pharmaceutical companies are using to build a case against it. Anyway, best of luck with your condition. May you live long and prosper!

I almost gave up on Kratum, tried all the different strains and barely felt anything from 6g
However, I tried Bali Kratum tonight and it kicked my ass. Feels more like cocaine though, it's definitely not sedating - very stimulating.

Greetings,

I have treating my chronic pain for a few years now after being freed from the bondage of opioid pain meds. I buy good wholesale kratom and take it with my tea every morning. It tastes terrible! I'm looking for a full spectrum extraction procedure to make my own tinctures at home. It would make taking my dose so much easier! I'm fairly skilled in chemistry so i feel confident i could handle this task. Can you provide me with a link? Thank you!

How long have you let yourself go without to see if a WD will kick in?
About a month now and the skin is slowly improving but, once again, not sure if it's related to Kratom or maybe a climate, or metabolism change. Negative symptoms of kratom withdrawal are slightly noticeable within first two weeks for me, than it dissipates completely. In general, I dont feel much withdrawals from anything but heavy stimulant use and times I decided to use tramadol recreationally for a couple of weeks.

Greetings,

I have treating my chronic pain for a few years now after being freed from the bondage of opioid pain meds. I buy good wholesale kratom and take it with my tea every morning. It tastes terrible! I'm looking for a full spectrum extraction procedure to make my own tinctures at home. It would make taking my dose so much easier! I'm fairly skilled in chemistry so i feel confident i could handle this task. Can you provide me with a link? Thank you!
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Kratom_resin/extraction_tek - That one that comes up right away when searching, looks pretty informational, simple and non-toxic.