• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

It sucks, cause I used to have a SUPER high tolerance of 16 grams a dose, stopped and it went down to 2, and now I'm fucking up and it's going up again!!

i told myself I wouldn't let myself increase the dose beyond 7 grams a dose (which is already high) and I shouldn't have let it get higher than 5 a dose...but I went to 7, then all it took was fucking up like 2 times and taking an extra gram and I needed 8, now it's at 9.50 and some side effects are showing up that can ruin the high sometimes!!

Do you guys think they'll go away and my body will adapt to my new dose if I just don't let it go any hirer, or do you think my highs will keep getting ruined to these new side effects?

I mean if I used to get good effects on nearly twice this amount I'd think I could eventually get good effects off this one, but I'm pissed I let it get high.

I don't understand you guys who use Kratom for years and never let your dose get higher than like 2 or 3 grams.

How do you not eventually fuck up and take a higher dose once or twice and find then your old dose doesn't work anymore?

I mean I seem to be able to not take it every day while some people here do, and usually keep it to 4 days a week, but I let my dose go up, while you guys take it every single day and keep your dose at like 2 grams...I don't get it...

I don't know if you are the one saying this or the adds say that, but I've smoked plenty of weed and while I like it (used to LOVE it more than now), I don't think it holds a candle to Kratom.

Too bad as if Kratom was as non-addictive as weed I could use it much more.

For me, I don't feel socially comfortable going around doing all sorts of stuff in public while high after smoking weed, and people can tell I'm high, and I get self conscious etc.

Kratom is the opposite: no one can tell I'm on, hell, sometimes I even forget I'm on it, it improves my performance in almost everything whether physical or mental (that's while I'm on it, the WD can mess me up unfortunately...) and it just makes life better.

But I always end up taking too much and getting physically dependent and need to stop for a while, then come back to it later.

I can tell that's happening now and probably in like a month I'm gonna have my friend watch my stash for me and mail me small amounts when I want it.

That way I won't be tempted by always having it there, but I still have access, so it's a good system (except my friend said the only way he'll do it is if he can take some whenever he wants hahaha...but that's th price to pay for the service I guess, and it beats having it there at all times with the temptation or quitting completely.

The idea that weed is always the best drug for anything is not something I agree with.

If what I said earlier was not clear, let me try again.

First, I support kratom. I do not support people who do things to give it a bad name, via abuse or ignorance, etc.

Second, I hate to say it but cannabis is an aquired taste to begin with. Unfortunately it is not for everyone. If it doesn't work for you, then thats it. No harm, no foul.

I believe it can solve many issues, but if your not into it, then thats that. I personally defer to cannabis because it is natural, and pretty non toxic.

I respect peoples choices when it comes to cannabis.

Last edited:
If what I said earlier was ot clear, let me try again.

First, I support kratom. I do not support people who do things to give it a bad name, via abuse or ignorance, etc.

Second, I hate to say it but cannabis is an aquired taste to begin with. Unfortunately it is not for everyone. If it doesn't work for you, then thats it. No harm, no foul.

I believe it can solve many issues, but if your not into it, then thats that. I personally defer to cannabis because it is natural, and pretty non toxic.

I respect peoples choices when it comes to cannabis.

Do you think I'm giving it a bad name?

Please let me know.

Cause if so, I'd find that kind of annoying, cause I'm not doing anything to Kratom a bad name at all.

I respect it immensely and mainly use it to combat anxiety and depression more than just to get high or anything and feel it works better than anything but it has side effects unfortunately, but what doesn't?

On a side note: I don't agree with the idea of "use vs abuse" of pretty much any substance, or at least I'd never use that term "abusing a medication". I think it's sort of a "moral high horse" type stance. Drugs/plants which are able to both get high and treat conditions are always of a dual nature, and yeah, there will be those who only smoke weed for their medical condition and never take an extra hit for pleasure LOL, only take a gram of Kratom for an injury and NEVER take extra for pleasure, ONLY take one percoset for pain and NEVER take an extra for pleasure, and they'd be the one's said to be "using vs abusing" their meds and held up as the standards everyone should follow, but really, I don't buy the dichotomy. Use is use, overuse is overuse, but that's to be defined by the user alone and his/her negative vs positive effects, not society or even a doctor, and there's nothing wrong with using a medicinal drug/plant to get high.

Of course weed is an acquired taste.

I got high every day for many years and when my tolerance was that high I got less anxiety for it, but still, with the fact that I have an anxiety disorder and with my unique brain chemistry, I'd never be the type to be able to go out and go to work on it and work on it and do normal stuff on it like many people who I am really jealous of cause they are very lucky to have the most benign psychoactive drug give them such great results. At the very best I might "manage" to do normal stuff high but never do them BETTER like Kratom can do for me.

Only herbs like Kratom do that for me.

I don't agree that Kratom is any less "natural" than Weed is as they are both plants, plus, the "natural vs synthetic" argument has been over done and there are natural herbs that are more dangerous than synthetic and vice versa.

I respect people's choices when it comes to all drugs/plants.

I wasn't going off on you or anything, I just wasn't sure if you were saying what I've heard certain people who respond better to weed say, which is "why take this or that, just smoke weed! You only need to force yourself to do things while high to get used to it like go out on it and work out on it and eventually you'll function great on it!"

I wish they were right, but that's not the way it is for everyone.

Different strokes for different folks.

(Sorry, I'm pissy tonight, the fluro-phenibut turned on me when I got into an argument with someone lol.)

Last edited:
I might stop taking kratom entirely beceause the taste is SO GOD DAMN BAD. Does anyone have a way around this? I can't even drink the tea. Call me a lil bitch but I need alot to catch effects and I almost barfed yesterday

Litle bit..., JK ;).

Chase it with a strongly flavored drink. You can also get 00 capsules and place it in there. There are many ways. You can even paracchute it and chase it with a drink.

Last edited:
Do you think I'm giving it a bad name?

Please let me know.

Cause if so, I'd find that kind of annoying, cause I'm not doing anything to Kratom a bad name at all.

I respect it immensely and mainly use it to combat anxiety and depression more than just to get high or anything and feel it works better than anything but it has side effects unfortunately, but what doesn't?

On a side note: I don't agree with the idea of "use vs abuse" of pretty much any substance, or at least I'd never use that term "abusing a medication". I think it's sort of a "moral high horse" type stance. Drugs/plants which are able to both get high and treat conditions are always of a dual nature, and yeah, there will be those who only smoke weed for their medical condition and never take an extra hit for pleasure LOL, only take a gram of Kratom for an injury and NEVER take extra for pleasure, ONLY take one percoset for pain and NEVER take an extra for pleasure, and they'd be the one's said to be "using vs abusing" their meds and held up as the standards everyone should follow, but really, I don't buy the dichotomy. Use is use, overuse is overuse, but that's to be defined by the user alone and his/her negative vs positive effects, not society or even a doctor, and there's nothing wrong with using a medicinal drug/plant to get high.

Of course weed is an acquired taste.

I got high every day for many years and when my tolerance was that high I got less anxiety for it, but still, with the fact that I have an anxiety disorder and with my unique brain chemistry, I'd never be the type to be able to go out and go to work on it and work on it and do normal stuff on it like many people who I am really jealous of cause they are very lucky to have the most benign psychoactive drug give them such great results. At the very best I might "manage" to do normal stuff high but never do them BETTER like Kratom can do for me.

Only herbs like Kratom do that for me.

I don't agree that Kratom is any less "natural" than Weed is as they are both plants, plus, the "natural vs synthetic" argument has been over done and there are natural herbs that are more dangerous than synthetic and vice versa.

I respect people's choices when it comes to all drugs/plants.

I wasn't going off on you or anything, I just wasn't sure if you were saying what I've heard certain people who respond better to weed say, which is "why take this or that, just smoke weed! You only need to force yourself to do things while high to get used to it like go out on it and work out on it and eventually you'll function great on it!"

I wish they were right, but that's not the way it is for everyone.

Different strokes for different folks.

(Sorry, I'm pissy tonight, the fluro-phenibut turned on me when I got into an argument with someone lol.)

Your fine. You are not giving it a bad name at all. You made good points. Kratom is a different kind of plant, but when aquired from a good source, it works wonders. Cannabis and Kratom are both natural plants.

I feel you. You didnt go off on me at all, lol. All good and very fine.

You are a spokseman for Kratom compared to some posters.

Yes, all drugs that act on opiate receptors can cause you to have to ?concentrate? to urinate. It?s a very common side effect.

Common methods for avoiding the taste:

1)use gelcaps
2)Parachute using squares of toilet/tissue paper
3)Mix Kratom into liquid that helps to mask the taste such as orange or grapefruit juice
4)Mix Kratom into something like yogurt or pudding then eat quickly

I think doing number 3 or 4 just makes a nasty mix that you still have to consume but some people say it helps a lot for them.

I discovered accidentally that sugar-free chocolate pudding, which tastes really strong, hides the taste pretty well. It's still gritty, though. The other thing I do is make Shake-ology shakes, which also taste really strong, and put them in the blender. It breaks down the kratom pretty well.

It's very very cheap to buy hundreds or even a thousand empty capsules on Amazon or eBay. I just fill those up with kratom and never worry about the taste again. Yes it's annoying having to pop so many to get a proper dose but I'd rather neck a silly amount of capsules than put up with that horrid taste and the sensation of trying to get kratom powder down without coughing from the dust coming off it.

Whats more annoying then swallowing a bunch of caps is preparing a bunch of caps. They are tedious and time consuming to fill if done by hand one by one.

I've heard there are automatic capping devices that quickly fill numerous caps at the same time... Not sure how handy they are though.

It's very very cheap to buy hundreds or even a thousand empty capsules on Amazon or eBay. I just fill those up with kratom and never worry about the taste again. Yes it's annoying having to pop so many to get a proper dose but I'd rather neck a silly amount of capsules than put up with that horrid taste and the sensation of trying to get kratom powder down without coughing from the dust coming off it.
Gel caps with a weighted dose is important when ingesting Kratom, god knows how many times I?ve needed to taper doses. Kratom is not some plant you can Willy Nily the doses. This plant is not too forgiving if you just toss and wash some unknown amount. Stay safe people

Whats more annoying then swallowing a bunch of caps is preparing a bunch of caps. They are tedious and time consuming to fill if done by hand one by one.

I've heard there are automatic capping devices that quickly fill numerous caps at the same time... Not sure how handy they are though.

Nothing is tedious if you do enough speed. I just capped up about 100 on amphetamine haha.

I hate waiting on the mailman. Never even thought about what time my mail runs until kratom entered my life. Come on mail. Lol

On a few grams right now, feeling nice.

I notice that kratom doesn't actually cause any real constipation for me, fucking brilliant.

On a few grams right now, feeling nice.

I notice that kratom doesn't actually cause any real constipation for me, fucking brilliant.

It did for me, in the beginning. But now, I thoroughly shake it up in a jar with orange juice. When it is completely liquified and mixed in with the OJ, then and only then do I drink it. The OJ does an am8zing job at covering up t8he bitter t8ste.

I hate waiting on the mailman. Never even thought about what time my mail runs until kratom entered my life. Come on mail. Lol

If you're w8iting longer than two days for your kr8tom to arrive, you're orderi8ng from the wrong vendor.

It did for me, in the beginning. But now, I thoroughly shake it up in a jar with orange juice. When it is completely liquified and mixed in with the OJ, then and only then do I drink it. The OJ does an am8zing job at covering up t8he bitter t8ste.

Doesn't happen to me at all no matter how much I take or how I take it, even extracts. Greatly impressed with that, means I can use it in the evening without worry.

Doesn't happen to me at all no matter how much I take or how I take it, even extracts. Greatly impressed with that, means I can use it in the evening without worry.

In the beginning, I ate it with apple sauce. S8me idiot on YouTube suggested it, and said it was the best method. I didn't use too muc8h apple sauce, and I n8w know the pain of giving birth. I na8med it Kelly Kratom.

So I've been a daily kratom user for 2+ years (up to 15-20g/day). I recently did a bunch of tests, I'm going to share the most relevant ones:

liver enzymes:
Alanine transaminase (ALT): 34 UI/L
Aspartate transaminase (AST): 19 UI/L
Alkaline phosphatase (ALP): 50 UI/L
Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT): 39 UI/L
->They are all within the normal range.

Total Bilirubin: 1.5 mg/dL
Direct: 0.5mg/dL
Indirect: 1.0mg/dL

->This one is a bit high but it might be unrelated. Also there's no Bilirubin in my urine. (I had a small dose of MDMA and drank alcohol 2-3 days before the test).

Everything else (blood work, cholesterol, lipids, urine, thyroid...) was very good.

Maybe I?m doing it wrong but I tried to give Kratom a shot and It doesn?t work for me. I have Ultra Enhanced Indo Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Powder, Capsules, Maeng Da Thai Kratom, platinum and gold extract..I?ve tried a little to a medium size dose of everything and at the small dose I don?t feel anything and the highest ?medium? dose I feel sick. Am I just not wired to like it or am I completely doing it wrong?

Maybe I?m doing it wrong but I tried to give Kratom a shot and It doesn?t work for me. I have Ultra Enhanced Indo Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Powder, Capsules, Maeng Da Thai Kratom, platinum and gold extract..I?ve tried a little to a medium size dose of everything and at the small dose I don?t feel anything and the highest ?medium? dose I feel sick. Am I just not wired to like it or am I completely doing it wrong?

What doses have you taken?

When it wasn't working, did you try higher doses?

Or if your dose was very high, did you try lower doses?

Because actually, too high a dose can also IMO mess with your high.

Also, we are not allowed to source here and say where we buy our stuff, but one question I can ask you is did you buy your Kratom from a head shop or did you buy it online?

Because headshops sell very weak Kratom a lot of the time so I'd suggest trying it online.

Also, have you bought kratom from only one vendor or have you tried buying it from a few?

Because Kratom strength can vary based not only on strain but vendor, and some vendors sell weak Kratom so I would suggest you try a couple other vendors.

However, if you have tried multiple vendors and tried all sorts of different doses at it still doesn't work then maybe it just doesn't work for you.

I used to think all drugs work for everyone but it's just not true. I mean there are actually people who can't get high from weed, or can't feel cafffeine, maybe even alcohol.

There are people out there who probably won't respond to Kratom and you could be one.

Kratom is very unusual and body chemistry plays a HUGE role on it.

Also, have you tried taking it on an empty stomach?

I don't like to cause it increases side effects, but it will definitely hit you harder if you do.

And what size were the doses you tried?

So I suggest trying more vendors, trying more different doses, and trying taking it on an empty stomach.

If you do all that and it still doesn't work, then maybe your body chemistry doesn't respond to it for some reason.