• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

The last few days I've tapered down to 3g per dose, it seems like the less I take, the less intense the WD symptoms.
I've been taking L-THEANINE, it's a GODSEND! Takes away all the anxiety coupled with WD. Look into it, could help some of you!
for some reason I get severe pain in my back and around my ribs after I've used kratom. It happened the first time after maybe 3 weeks of daily use so I stopped once it became clear it was the kratom that caused it... Yesterday I took just 3g of kratom for the first time in 6 months, and as the kratom wore off that same pain appeared again. it hurts really really bad. does this or anything similar happen to anyone else? I would really like to continue using kratom but if this is gonna keep happening I don't think I can...

I went through a period of alarming bladder pain that would start about 3 hrs after dosing. It happens sometimes again if I use heavily for a few weeks. Other periods of time I can use heavily for months and no pain at all

I have tried green and white strains, both caused pain. I have a red strain I haven't tried yet, also from the same vendor. Kratom isn't illegal to buy or possess where I live so it's a trusted official vendor. Doesn't mean they don't use pesticides though..... it's a shame cause they're so easily accesible and the only domestic vendor, but I'll try from a few other places and see what happens

The dosage of L-THEANINE I take comes from 200mg soft gels. I've got a really high threshold, so 3 of those is good for me. Last night I slept like a baby wrapped in a blanket wrapped in a sensory deprivation chamber. Woke up after 10 hours with no Kratom WD sickness.
I think I'll try Phenibut next, just for comparison purposes.

The last few days I've tapered down to 3g per dose, it seems like the less I take, the less intense the WD symptoms.
I've been taking L-THEANINE, it's a GODSEND! Takes away all the anxiety coupled with WD. Look into it, could help some of you!

I second that. L-Theanine helps. I've tapered down from 8g to 4g to now 2g daily and I rarely feel any WD symptoms despite lack of energy but this is to be expected (when going 24h without Kratom after the last 1g dose it was not that annoying), because I abused Kratom as a stim for a long time (never liked high doses of Kratom and its opioid effects). 6h after the last 1g-dose I feel leg- and lower-back-pain but actually it does not bother me much. Hope it stays that way when I get to 0. I also use Valerian at night. In my opinion you need a calm period in your life in order to successfully drop that habit (I consider Kratom as a stim with opioid side effects).

Kratom is a nice tool, don't get me wrong. In my opinion it is the herb with the best pharmaceutical profile out there. (competiting with good green tea of course)

Last edited:
The dosage of L-THEANINE I take comes from 200mg soft gels. I've got a really high threshold, so 3 of those is good for me. Last night I slept like a baby wrapped in a blanket wrapped in a sensory deprivation chamber. Woke up after 10 hours with no Kratom WD sickness.
I think I'll try Phenibut next, just for comparison purposes.

Didn't have Phenibut for a long time but in my memory it exacerbates the leg pain significantly. Even people without any WD symptoms get leg-pain from Phenibut-use. L-Theanine is much more subtle, but does not cause any apparent side effects like that in reasonable doses.

^Do you mean RLS when you say leg pain? Phenibut has plenty of nasty side effects but it is the only non benzo, OTC sleep aid that I can take during w/d that doesn’t exacerbate RLS. Also, the muscle relaxing properties actually decrease any pain caused by cramps and what not. Crazy how it affects everyone differently.

To be honest, I never got severe RLS from Kratom WD. I remember I moved my legs as a child before taking any psychoactive substance so it is hard to identify, whether it is natural or a WD effect, when I now need to move my legs. But I am a stim (ab)user, I always used Kratom in low doses (1-2g in 4-12h period). So maybe, as soon as I turn to 0 I'll experience RLS. Atm I guess the Valerian and L-Theanine alleviates most of it. I only feel minor leg pain.

The most rational theory for me now is, that L-Theanine and/or Valerian alleviate RLS.

I like Valerian, but it smells like a dead man's feet. Also I found it wasn't as effective as L-Theanine for me. Most people I've read get RLS during WD, I get it in my arms. In the worst throws of WD, my arms flail like a used car lot dummy. It sucks.
My biggest concern is that I'll get hooked on something else trying to kick the Kratom. I'm down to 3mg, I'm going to push it farther down, we shall see what the weekend brings.

does anyone know how long i should stay off of kratom to be able to use it a single day and not have minor WD the next day.

lately i've been using 1x a week after using 5-10g a day for a year, and even that one time a week, i WD the following couple of days

Is the Kratom high more similar to a weed high? Or an opiate?

I only ask because I love my opiates but weed makes me crazy panicked so I tend to stay away from it.

I only ask because I love my opiates but weed makes me crazy panicked so I tend to stay away from it.

Kratom effects feel like a combination of a mild opiate and a cup of coffee

As it was described to me before I first used it, and which I think is still a good comparison, is that Kratom feels somewhat like a combination of Vicodin and strong green tea.

It can be both stimulating and sedating, sometimes at the same time in a way, sometimes seperately, depending on dosage.

Trust me there's no way that Kratom should get your anxious like weed.

It's got strong anti-anxiety properties.

In fact, if you are like me you can smoke weed on it without getting the anxiety inducing effects of the weed because the Kratom often counters it so you potentially combine them for better effect as well.

But as to your question: the Kratom high is a type of opioid high but it won't feel exactly like any other type of opiate/opioid you've done, and it feels very different from weed.

I've been having this weird problem with my Kratom high pooping out on me I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out a solution to (and what the cause is):

Today I took a 9.5 gram dose and normally I think it takes about 45 minutes to kick in right.....so this happens FREQUENTLY....where I take my dose and lets say about 20 minutes after I take it I start to feel really nice and think I took the right amount...and I may feel good like that for another 10-15 minutes, but then once it gets close to around the 45 minute mark MY HIGH GOES AWAY OR AT LEAST GREATLY DIMINISHES FROM WHAT IT WAS!!!!

This happens so often that there must be some explanation but I don't know what it is or what to do about it. So as you can imagine, this often leads to me being stupid and thinking I need to take more...and SOMETIMES this works and the high comes back but sometimes it doesn't and it leaves the question as to whether or not I took too much or too little in the first place.

What I started to think, and which I think still MIGHT be the case is the following: that my dose was actually too LARGE in the first place, and that that is why it feels good before it takes full effect because that's the right amount, but then once it fully kicks in the high goes away because it's too much. Could that be what's happening??

It would seem that today it MIGHT be the case because then when I took another 1.5 grams the high didn't really come back. Just a TINY bit of it seemed to return, but mostly it didn't, and this is REALLY frustrating! It's so annoying to be pleasantly high and then have it just disappear. So is this a classic case of "less is more" and is the answer that I needed to dose less in the first place?

Maybe I should add that I ate after taking my Kratom, but that's what I always do as I get side effects if I take it on an empty stomach like some like to do, so I first take it on an empty stomach and then I eat a small meal, but in this case the high didn't disappear for probably a good 15 minutes AFTER I'd finished my meal and it was still going strong after I finished the meal. I mean could it be that as the food more fully digested that killed the high?

Except I don't think that's it because I always do the same thing and eat the same breakfast and when I get the dose right it does not kill the high.

So let me know what you guys think. Thanks

In regards to the guy who was having pain after taking kratom... There are no pain receptors in the liver, so any pain experienced cannot be related to the liver. I had hepatitis C (treated successfully with interferon) and my liver enzymes were out of control, on top of having grade 2 inflammation and stage 2 damage, and I never experienced any pain whatsoever. Hepatitis C is called the silent killer for a reason — once you’re experiencing pain, it’s already too late.

As far as kratom not causing anxiety... It absolutely can and does if you overdo it. Terrible anxiety, in fact.

I'm still wondering if anyone knows how to deal with the problem in my last post above.

It's getting really annoying.

I've been having this weird problem with my Kratom high pooping out on me I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out a solution to (and what the cause is):

Today I took a 9.5 gram dose and normally I think it takes about 45 minutes to kick in right.....so this happens FREQUENTLY....where I take my dose and lets say about 20 minutes after I take it I start to feel really nice and think I took the right amount...and I may feel good like that for another 10-15 minutes, but then once it gets close to around the 45 minute mark MY HIGH GOES AWAY OR AT LEAST GREATLY DIMINISHES FROM WHAT IT WAS!!!!

This happens so often that there must be some explanation but I don't know what it is or what to do about it. So as you can imagine, this often leads to me being stupid and thinking I need to take more...and SOMETIMES this works and the high comes back but sometimes it doesn't and it leaves the question as to whether or not I took too much or too little in the first place.

What I started to think, and which I think still MIGHT be the case is the following: that my dose was actually too LARGE in the first place, and that that is why it feels good before it takes full effect because that's the right amount, but then once it fully kicks in the high goes away because it's too much. Could that be what's happening??

It would seem that today it MIGHT be the case because then when I took another 1.5 grams the high didn't really come back. Just a TINY bit of it seemed to return, but mostly it didn't, and this is REALLY frustrating! It's so annoying to be pleasantly high and then have it just disappear. So is this a classic case of "less is more" and is the answer that I needed to dose less in the first place?

Maybe I should add that I ate after taking my Kratom, but that's what I always do as I get side effects if I take it on an empty stomach like some like to do, so I first take it on an empty stomach and then I eat a small meal, but in this case the high didn't disappear for probably a good 15 minutes AFTER I'd finished my meal and it was still going strong after I finished the meal. I mean could it be that as the food more fully digested that killed the high?

Except I don't think that's it because I always do the same thing and eat the same breakfast and when I get the dose right it does not kill the high.

So let me know what you guys think. Thanks

You might not like my reply, but I think this mostly psychological. It's extremely common for people to feel high in anticipation of getting high before the drugs even kick in. Hopefully that made sense. Anyways, you're saying that the high is coming and going 20-45 minutes after dosing. That's well before your kratom dose will reach peak blood concentrations.

You've taken kratom enough times that you expect it to make you feel a certain way. So much so, that you actually do feel that way after dosing, but that effect wears off, and when the drug is actually absorbed (about an hour or so after dosing), the effects are not there for you, because what you were feeling was sort of like a placebo effect.

Basically, your high disappears because you were never really high in the first place. Pavlovian responses are truly amazing, and if you're skeptical, I suggest you do some reading to learn more about it. Pretty cool stuff.

As for why you're not getting high from the kratom, I can't really say. I know you've been having similar issues for quite some time

You might not like my reply, but I think this mostly psychological. It's extremely common for people to feel high in anticipation of getting high before the drugs even kick in. Hopefully that made sense. Anyways, you're saying that the high is coming and going 20-45 minutes after dosing. That's well before your kratom dose will reach peak blood concentrations.

You've taken kratom enough times that you expect it to make you feel a certain way. So much so, that you actually do feel that way after dosing, but that effect wears off, and when the drug is actually absorbed (about an hour or so after dosing), the effects are not there for you, because what you were feeling was sort of like a placebo effect.

Basically, your high disappears because you were never really high in the first place. Pavlovian responses are truly amazing, and if you're skeptical, I suggest you do some reading to learn more about it. Pretty cool stuff.

As for why you're not getting high from the kratom, I can't really say. I know you've been having similar issues for quite some time

I'm not sure if what you are saying is what's occurring but it's interesting, and would also really suck if it was true LOL.

I have been having this issue but I have also had days I was getting high from the Kratom.

Now I'm even more upset because it's making me question even more whether or not the good effects I've gotten certain days off the Kratom were placebo because some of those I've been mixing in Fluro-Phenibut which has been working for me so now I think that's messing with me even more as to what I'm feeling.

But there still have been certain days I haven't taken F-Phenibut and only Kratom and gotten a decent effect...it's just really hard to get the effect I want.

I don't know what to do about this.

I don't want to have to work so hard to get high.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Last edited:
Slow Mobius: So now if a few days ago I actually felt high all day then could THAT have been placebo too??

I mean can someone really trick themselves that they are high for hours?

Sorry to bug you, but this is really annoying me.

Is it possible that by having used too much 10 months ago that even after waiting all this time to use it again I could have somehow permanently messed up those opioid receptors or permanently destroyed my tolerance or something?

I mean if it was Vicodin or Oxy it would work I'm sure...

Last edited: