• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

February 2017 Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Sweethearts and Party Beads

I dunno if it's fun or not, but I'm planning to give notice at my job either this month or early March. Yeah, ok, it'll be fun ;)

By the way, I love the new Directory! Also, I was a little skeptical about the prefix system, but now that I see how you laid it out, I'm psyched about it. Thanks, Mods!
<3
Sim

I know the feeling. I've actually noticed that if I'm not careful I'll get pretty depressed each day around like 1-3pm. So now I'm trying to structure my days to ensure I'm doing something at that time that doesn't allow me to devote the thought capacity/energy to perseverate.

Depending on the mood I'll go for a walk for 30-45 minutes, meditate for 30-45 minutes or take an hour siesta, something very simple and nurturing like that. Napping can be dangerous though, if I sleep too much during the day it just makes the depression worse. Doing stuff like watching a movie or using BL in an attempt to avoid overwrite my feelings of depression can also be dangerous because then, once I'm no longer depressed, I want to keep watching movies or using BL - and if I somehow am able to force myself to get back to work or whatever I need to be doing I end up depressed again.

It's a vicious cycle, so I try to stop it before it starts. And if one day I am not so skillful, well, I go to bed a little early and make sure to wake up early and start the next day off right with a slightly altered new plan of action to avoid falling into the same trap again. Of course, in theory is all sounds so nice, but in practice it's another matter. However once I started getting in the habit of doing this is got a lot easier very quickly.

It's all a matter of patterned habits :)

1 day cigarette free!

coughing shit up.

Tobacco sucks. I quit that shit over 5 years ago and never looked back (one of the few addictive substances I can say that about)

Hello,
I'm in a different country working and feeling really weird. I'm being forced to know myself and I don't like it at all.

What do you mean withcheeseplease? What happened in terms of catalyzing this transition and process of self discovery?

Day 14 Adderall free after 3-4 years of binging on heroic dosages of up to 500mgs in a 36 hour period...I called it quits when I went through 59 30mg IR tabs in 4 days and they did NOTHING....

Adderall is in my opinion, the WORST drug for addictive personalities such as myself who impulsively redose...It ruins my personality, makes me look weird and introverted, and I find myself concentrating on the wrong tasks at work....At roughly day 5 I was already feeling better...Hands down, the worst withdrawal psychologically besides when I died coming off of benzos in jail.

I've been struggling the past couple days. The first half of last week went really well, then I started feeling lonely, bored, angry, and resentful from Thursday through the weekend. The worst of it was on Saturday - I was extremely irritable after having brunch with a couple friends in recovery. I talked it out with a few people later in the afternoon, but it seemed to linger over the next day and a half. I walked home from the gym last night and was feeling really dejected. I wanted to reach out to someone but talked myself out of it. I was able to sleep well and got up earlier than usual but now I'm feeling in despair again. I think I'll call someone in a few minutes.

I'm hoping February will be my second full month sober.. I'll celebrate my daughter's birthday and my own. When I say sober I mean my drug of choice... Dilaudid. I'll smoke some green and take the odd benzo. But here's to my second month!

With cheese..., You're definitely among friends. So far this month in struggling real bad.

Hang in friends!

Sim, do you have another job lined up? I must have missed that.