• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

February 2017 Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Sweethearts and Party Beads

Best feeling while trying to stay sober is waking up and swimming a couple of laps followed by a lot of yoga/strecthing then a little sauna time. So much better than a wake and bake. I actually want to do things with my day now (kind of).

My day has been fruitful so far. Woke up early, went to the gym as planned, met a guy who runs a local bike club in the sauna and exchanged numbers, then came home to a smoothie and started work. I got a call twenty minutes ago about doing intake and starting an outpatient treatment program this Thursday evening. It's good to be sober today, none of this would have happened when I was using.

Having suicidal thoughts

They are probably the most benign thoughts in my head right now

What's up CH? That really says something. Sending you good vibes my compañero <3

So sorry to hear it, CH. We're all thinking of you, man.

So how was everyone's Valentine's Day? 8)

Super chill here too. I went to a last-minute Hawaiian themed "Get Leid" party. Great time. Food was great - kalbi on the grill and I brought that staple of Hawaiian lunches, spam musubi and wore my loudest tropical shirt. A lot of people there were into "hashing," (which as it turns out, has nothing to do with weed). It sounds vaguely intriguing except it sounds like there is quite a bit of excessive drinking and deviant behavior. I'm in my 40s and got the deviant behavior (at least in public) out of my system long ago. There is a bike hash, but they do trail biking and I'm more of a road biker.

I posted a thing in healthy living about the value of seeing a chiropractor. If anyone here has seen one and thinks it's good, bad or are otherwise indifferent, send me a PM. I got evaluated by one, but I'd like to think I'm healthily skeptical.

Aw :) I'm glad you guys had fun. I didn't get a chance to do anything special, but that is okay. Last year I had a lot of fun. Next year I have no doubt I will as well. Needed this year to recover from my adventures last and lick mah wounds ;)

I did listen to a lot of jazz by myself in bed last night =D

coming up on my 6 months sober!! it's been 3 weeks since i last puffed a cigarette and to be honest i feel really happy with myself.

i saw on the news that there were like 54 overdoses in like 24 hours here in louisville, all due to heroin . glad i got clean while i did because i'm happy to say that i'm part of the solution today, and not the problem!

thats whats up D's. proud to say im on day 11. lol just chillen right now smoking some VERY fucking fine herb and playing some diablo 2 haha. Life is good

Holy shit. I totally forgot that the 14th was my three years off heroin. Crazy. Wow, just thinking about it now, that is a long time ago.

And I still have so much work left ahead of me :)

But the work is so worthwhile.

And (mostly) fun %)

Congratulations man! It's really hard to get that far without relapsing. Before I got as as far as now I would often stay sober for 3-6 months but was always replacing meds and at the end it was getting so difficult. Anyway, I'm happy for you. Keep up!
You always very positive and that tells a lot about you! :)
Take care!

2 years sober...

Everything is possible. :)

congrats!!! :)

Congratulations man! It's really hard to get that far without relapsing. Before I got as as far as now I would often stay sober for 3-6 months but was always replacing meds and at the end it was getting so difficult. Anyway, I'm happy for you. Keep up!
You always very positive and that tells a lot about you! :)
Take care!

I totally agree with what you're saying. It is really hard and it's a huge accomplishment. :)