• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

February 2017 Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Sweethearts and Party Beads

Nice job everyone!

I've got 3.5 years clean of most hard drugs. I've recently stopped drinking and other legal drugs as well for a significant amount of time.

My only vice at the moment is weed and I have 24 hours off of it at the moment. I'm in a good place right now and using every bit of energy to use this opportunity to find out what's on the other side of using, i.e. sobriety. I don't know if staying off weed will be a life choice for me but I do know that I need to come clean with it. It's been too long and my inner child is screaming at me to let him be free.

Stay strong everyone!

proud to say I'm on day 4 again. haven't slept since Monday night. but I am confident this time (broken record), I want to pursue my life's dreams. I can't wait until I feel good enough to go to work and make some cash to buy some pot. I'm through all the horrible parts but man I wish I could get some real sleep. I will not give up this time

congrats on your 4 days, keep up the progress :)

getting into day 5 now. today wasn't very difficult. I highly suggest if you are going through withdrawal, you stay away from sleep aids (diphenhydramine). Man, I took some before i tried to lay down a few hours ago. I feel like there would have been a good chance that id be asleep right now if i hadn't taken it. Your body is not ready to process this, and while it courses through your system I feel like it raises my heart rate, blood pressure, dilates my pupils, etc. which is keeping me up.

Fucking insomnia! It is really cool laying awake in bed in listening to the rain though.

^lol. still no sleep. there's a natural food market just down the street that opens at 10. I'm going to buy some gabatrol I remember that working when I was at this point (no wd symptoms really, just mild rls and insomnia). fucken bottle costs 25 bucks. it'll be worth it though. I've already gone through two bottles of melatonin gummies haha

getting into day 5 now. today wasn't very difficult. I highly suggest if you are going through withdrawal, you stay away from sleep aids (diphenhydramine). Man, I took some before i tried to lay down a few hours ago. I feel like there would have been a good chance that id be asleep right now if i hadn't taken it. Your body is not ready to process this, and while it courses through your system I feel like it raises my heart rate, blood pressure, dilates my pupils, etc. which is keeping me up.

Congrats on day 5, man. That's really awesome!

What's Gabatrol? You're detoxing off opioids IIRC?

Glad to have you back round BTS :)

Shit can be a real PITA sometimes, but god damn is the long walk to freedom worth it.

thank you thank you seriously i appreciate it. I feel like this time around the WD symptoms did not bother me as much because of how much I value doing the right thing this time. Man, forreal I can't wait to show you guys what I am going to do in this world.

Just got back from the natural food market. This lady who owns it is so amazing, gave me a bunch of free samples of Gabatrol, then also tossed in some samples of a couple other products. Nature's Plus sleep support? says it has 5-htp, melatonin, chamomile, l-dopa, casein decapeptides, over 3000 total orac? lol.. anyways, the other product is Irwin naturals power to sleep PM... hmm.. flaxseed, valerian extract, ashwagandha extract, hops extract, passionflower extract, lemon balm extract, GABA, l-theanine, and some more melatonin. oh and a "bioperine complex" . Whatever, Im so ready to get some sleep.=D It has been since MONDAY. :X

love you all and for those of you struggling i promise as soon as you start making the right decisions you will rediscover how beautiful life is again.
chime in later
BTS

GABA doesn't readily pass the blood-brain barrier. It's largely a useless supplement.

Congrats on your 5 days <3

day 6 of no sleep? from withdrawal? yikes

I've only had that due to acute meth use. I always enjoyed getting to day 6 or 7 of no sleep (I'm a weirdo, I know 8()

I am having a *slightly* better day. Still very stressed out. Trying to get through it one hour at a time. I'm not even at a "one day at a time" place right now due to the stress. :(

Wow, 6 days smashes my record of about 80 hours coming off alcohol and benzos.

32 days or one month exactly since my last bender ended.

Hey everybody, I've been stone cold since Jan 26. That's not a record for me though, 14 years ago I wrecked my car drunk and was sober for three months. This time around it was disassociatives. Having a family and more responsibilities I am taking it more seriously. I went to my first 12 step meeting a couple weeks ago and I've been to about 6 meetings total. Not sure how far I'm going to take it but for now I feel like I'm on the right path. Anyway this seems like a cool group. Stay strong everybody.

^lol. still no sleep. there's a natural food market just down the street that opens at 10. I'm going to buy some gabatrol I remember that working when I was at this point (no wd symptoms really, just mild rls and insomnia). fucken bottle costs 25 bucks. it'll be worth it though. I've already gone through two bottles of melatonin gummies haha

Day 7 i hope all is good! yeah i took alot of melatonin too and it did nothing for me actually i tried everything over the counter nothing worked. The only relief i got was from a benzo or lyrica hang in there it gets better little by little, the insomnia shit was the worse part of wds & paws for me. best of luck!!!

Hey everybody, I've been stone cold since Jan 26. That's not a record for me though, 14 years ago I wrecked my car drunk and was sober for three months. This time around it was disassociatives. Having a family and more responsibilities I am taking it more seriously. I went to my first 12 step meeting a couple weeks ago and I've been to about 6 meetings total. Not sure how far I'm going to take it but for now I feel like I'm on the right path. Anyway this seems like a cool group. Stay strong everybody.

Glad to hear you're doing okay. What have you been doing to keep yourself on the "straight and narrow" outside meetings and family? Happy to have you on board :)

today is going rather well all things considered. I guess time and perspective really help.

Bout time CH :) I'm gonna get that long overdue haircut today. I wonder what cj ended up doing along those lines.

I had to wake up at 6 am with only 4 hours of sleep. I'm not really all smiles and sunshine right now.

It's just nice to get things done.