• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Starting use of meth at 68

MiniCats

Greenlighter
Have I hurt myself more than a younger person by my first starting meth at 68? I was curious so I studied everything. But I didn't take account my age. I have been using 2 grams in 10 days every 2-3 months. My main ROA is oral. Without saying I know it is a addictive drug. Will I hurt myself more because of my age? One thing I have really noticed is I get tired quickly. Some palpitations and I have not checked my blood pressure. I know it was a mistake and have had my last run.

Well, in my opinion 2 grams of meth in 10 days is a lot provided its pure. Even at my age I would think I'd be overdoing it and Im only pushing 30.

I would use less. And I guess the risk of side effects increase with age - especially related to the cardiovascular system. But provided youre healthy and the heart is in good condition, I dont think it would be all that problematic. As a sidenote: have you ever tried psychedelic drugs at your age? Im curious about people at your age doing psychedelics for the first time and how it affects the way people look upon their lives.

As a sidenote: have you ever tried psychedelic drugs at your age? Im curious about people at your age doing psychedelics for the first time and how it affects the way people look upon their lives.
This would also be a much healthier (and maybe life-changing) thing to do, than taking Meth (or other strong uppers/downers).

Quit now while you still,can before you die. If you need help quitting go to a rehab, detox, or hospital. I hope for your sake that you can do this.

Thank you for your answers and advice. I have had my last hurrah. Interesting the comment of the psychedelics. As a young person I was afraid of them i.e. Lsd. Flashbacks. Now I am afraid to try them because it might be so good I would nt come back I am in no hurry to die, but it comes to a point that you realizing it's creeping up.
I have been told if I was to do a little trip, I should have a friend with me?
Would ecstasy be a another choice?
Please don't get bored with me yet.
And to the last concern of quitting, I will. The fun is over for that one. Detox would not be an option. I am in the closet.

"The older I grow, the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom." - H. L. Mencken

Thank you for your answers and advice. I have had my last hurrah. Interesting the comment of the psychedelics. As a young person I was afraid of them i.e. Lsd. Flashbacks. Now I am afraid to try them because it might be so good I would nt come back I am in no hurry to die, but it comes to a point that you realizing it's creeping up.
I have been told if I was to do a little trip, I should have a friend with me?
Would ecstasy be a another choice?
Please don't get bored with me yet.
And to the last concern of quitting, I will. The fun is over for that one. Detox would not be an option. I am in the closet.

I think you can find a lot of basics on first time use of psychedelics on bluelight if you check around. Please let us know if you ever do it :)

I have used small does of ketamine I am experimenting so far I just just get the sedation. I go to sleep. Ketamine would be the only choice for me because of age I have no connections. I will let you know if I pursue it. Any comments or advice on ketamine is welcome

Glad to know I'm not alone. I've started late as well. I'm 58 and using IV almost daily. I'm noticing some accelerated aging in general and have a couple new sets of aches and pains that have developed suddenly.
It doesn't help that I was poorly trained and have been making some big mistakes.

Thank you for your answers and advice. I have had my last hurrah. Interesting the comment of the psychedelics. As a young person I was afraid of them i.e. Lsd. Flashbacks. Now I am afraid to try them because it might be so good I would nt come back

you should read up on psychs, there are the LEAST addicting of all drugs, less than coffee or weed. They have a strong built in mechanism that makes you not want to do them all the time.

I would explain it as that they can make you feel so guilty about using drugs of any sort or them...that you very rarely end up doing them. there is no such thing as an lsd or mushrrom addict, its just never happened.

besides the fact that if you do them once...you will not feel anything from them again unless you wait a minimum of 1 or two weeks to dose again...which makes being addicted hard if you can actually overcome the built in addiction deterance and want to use them more often...which basically nobody does.

psychs will show you the highest bliss you have ever felt and the worst torture you have ever known at the same time. the torture part leaves ppl with enough respect and humbled by them to refrain from any sort of abuse

Thank you all for your replies. I would be interested in trying some psychs, but so far have t had the chance. Except. I do have some ketamine and tried a small oral dose. I plan on trying some more. Any words to me will be appreciated

Good luck to the OP on this one! I'm 41 and have a life of amphetamine use behind me so am definitely about 70 in speed freak years. It's a form of slow suicide even at my age and whilst I would always respect that decision it's worth being aware your making it so good work posting and asking! Although addiction can be prevented even with IV use it's very hard to go back when you get there and it will be game over.

You really can't go wrong with psychedelics for avoiding long term consequences so long as you stay out of the darker corners of the RC market (Research Chemicals) .. which I'd definitely recommend avoiding if you go searching. Psychedelics do have a tendency to have big effects on latent metal health issues .. positive and negative, but at an older age it's far more likely you'll know about and/or have dealt with them so will recognise and manage or avoid so there's probably quite a lot less risk there than there is for younger people. And basically 0 addiction potential .. coffee is worse. Man I get the shakes when I go somewhere you can't get strong coffee.

You shouldn't need a dedicated trip sitter unless your doing heroic doses where there is a significant risk of injuring yourself due to loss of your sense of physical self. Of course, especially when your first doing them that could happen by accident so it's a good idea to have somebody on hand to look after you if you accidentally K hole or something and to make sure you're doing them somewhere quiet and safe where you won't be disturbed. The K hole isn't really fun as it's characterised by significant physical dissociation from the body (e.g. out of body experiences etc.) but it is certainly interesting to start with even if it doesn't have the oneness with the totality of everything wow factor you get from high doses of LSD or mescaline. Always read up first and work up to anything you want to experience slowly .. you're experiences will tell you where you want to go and they won't be wrong so long as you don't do anything stupid like a massive dose first time or doing LSD at a party or something. With experience you may or may not want to do them outside in the company of other people .. but always work up to it .. and remember to ACT NORMAL after you've doubled over and starting giggling like a 10 year old school girl for no apparent reason.

Are you trying to kill yourself? or are you unhappy about something?

Why the sudden use if you don't mind me asking.

A little off topic but I've always wondered what a shroom or LSD trip would be like in my 60s or 70s if I had never done one before previously. What a mind fuck that would be! Live your whole life with never experiencing that, something so strong that can change your mindset after one trip.. would be crazy.

Two other things to add as I didn't read the thread properly (I'm a speed freak .. I can't concentrate on Pokeman - you'll have to cut me some slack). Firstly oral is almost ALWAYS the best ROI in terms of safety and addiction potential. I grew up with OCD and so I hate most other methods as to me they are just .. compulsive but the few people I've known like me are gone to the needle (and two of them are dead). I take speed for serious mood disorders .. not cos I want to have to do everything an even number of times as that pisses me off. I'll smoke meth of course .. but I don't like it and it feels like it owns me when I give in to it. Just don't start and you won't miss it. Your really better off with dexamphetamine if you have to do stims for this reason above all others (it's injectable .. but it's not really smokable).

Secondly .. meth when you are 68 is asking for trouble. As a proper speed freak (total addict) in my early 40s I expect to be dead in my 50s of a heart attack and am prepared in a legally binding sense for that tomorrow (of course). Granted, I've got a lot more history, but add almost 30 years on that and you're really not asking for the outlook to improve. I understand (and greatly admire) you've got such a sense of adventure at your age. It's the number one thing that makes me think you'll live longer and enjoy it, but that's just another reason to keep away from hard stimulants except in tiny doses as has already been established in this thread and it sounds like you will. You might enjoy it but I'd be truly amazed if you live long ... and if that's the price you want to pay I won't stop you. Though do ask for advice. I get purple feet and can't use my toes and shit .. if you see that .. stop - you'll be dead fast. I'll probably be dead fast. "I'm having a heart attack," is probably paranoia but paranoia exists for a reason and I'd recommend taking that one seriously if it's not something you're used to.

I mean, any drug is more dangerous at an old age. However, any permanent damage caused by drugs isn't as bad because you're closer to the end of your life. If a 15 year old goes schizophrenic( just an example) and lives till he's 95, that's 80 years of schizophrenia. If a 68 year old goes schizophrenic and lives till 95, that's 27 years of schizophrenia. That's just for drugs in general though. Using meth specifically at 68 is much more of a problem than most drugs, because of the heart and blood pressure issues it causes. A very significant amount of elderly people have significant heart issues, so if you keep doing meth you're almost bound to have life threatening heart problems within 10 years at most, probably sooner. Stick to other drugs here, stimulants are especially dangerous for people your age.

Heroin as pain control

I'm trying new things out of necessity that I never would have EVER considered while I was raising kids.
The hassle and stress of being required to have a pain doctor and contract.....
Blah blah blah...
I'm considering trying heroin because it's cheaper and easier to get.
The Damn system makes us do things we know are wrong. What's a person with chronic pain to do?

Oh ya, I'm 53. I believe in quality of life over quantity.
I just wanna LIVE.
If I can't enjoy life, then what's the point. I'm open to choosing my end time.