• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth is just a hype drug and a waste of money?

To add to this discussion:
In regards to Kaden Night's post, yes you will find on street that most speed paste sold as speed, would likely be "fresh" or simply wet, low-quality methamphetamine. I have come across this before.

To add to Spacejunk's post, it is possible to obtain "Old School" Speed / Whip, that comes in a form of a powder, crystalline in such a way similar to cocaine (as in based on room temperature, it likes to bundle up together and makes it difficult to form a proper, straight line), and is "doing the rounds" on the Australian Black Markets recently. [I do hope I am not breaking any rules by mentioning this, and the online Black Market]

Smokedup's post about their experience profiles regarding different types of RoAs for methamphetamines is fairly accurate. The reference about how smoking the pipe is an Express Train to a high that can feel overwhelming, kicks in too quickly and can be too intense.

To hotgirls.jpg.exe: By your description you have likely come across speed paste that was a poor manufacture / synthesis of meth, and was cut down and sold as speed paste. From memory reading about speed paste, and experience, often highly quality speed paste will be around 70% pure. This is obtainable in Australia, only likely straight from the cook.

To Kaden_Nite's latest post: Yes, in Australia the market for amphetamines is largely catered toward methamphetamine in it's crystalline hydrochloride form. Any other form is generally either "watered down", cut, or added with filler and pressed into a pill. Or, sold as a speed paste, that contains, perhaps, 10% methamphetamine in the product, and the remainder a cutting / filling agent, that is too often adulterated and produces additional side effects - those of which high quality pure amphetamines do not possess in their profile. A good source for harm reduction, effects profile, images and dosages is erowid.org.

And to add to this post, amphetamines have an interesting way of "sneaking up" on you, depending on the RoA and quality, etc. However, for most kinds of amphetamines, the peak plasma levels in your blood, peak at around the 2 to 3 hour mark, since you last took the drug. I don't have the time to source my references for this information, but a similar post can be found on Bluelight. That is, the peak plasma levels (highest concentrations of the drug in your bloodstream peak at around the 2 hour mark for smoking meth, and more closely the 3 hour mark for ingestion. Often users will find themselves re-dosing, or over-dosing after an hour (or less) of smoking / ingesting / etc, thinking that the drug is of low purity.

Therefore for harm reduction purposes, it is best to wait at least 2 - 3 hours before re-dosing amphetamines. You will be surprised on how the effects increase and start to kick-in harder after this time, since the first initiation of your dose.

I hope this helps and adds useful information to this discussion, despite discussing the pricing of amphetamines, and as explained in my post before, the "hype" or "craving" of this drug in Australia.

Last edited:
No, but it's really a matter of context.

I don't think there is much to be gained from editing a reference to the price of cheap non-specific plonk.
If the poster had said "i can get [some type of booze] for [cheap price]" - i would edit it - but i think they're just noting that for not-much-money they can have a drink. The price of the meth wasn't mentioned (nor was the price/type of alcohol) - so to me that seems fine.
Not sure if other mods agree with me, but when violations of the guidelines are kind of ambiguous, i feel it is sometimes best to leave it be.
We get accused of "over-moderating" or something if we get too nitpicky, and i'm conscious of not wanting to deter new posters. :)

Excellent, can we do price threads if the rules have changed? There are some very interesting developments that have happened with commercial cannabis lately. It would be good to have the discussion here rather than where it is currently being conducted.

Ive tried Meth a few times, maybe 6 times, and it never has appealed to me. The last time I tried it I didn't mind it as it made me quite horny and im certain it released serotonin as it felt similar to a small dose of MDMA at times, licking my lips, feeling a little loved up and pulling duck faces. Possibly 4MAR which Ive heard is sometimes sold as Meth in Aus and does release serotonin?

Still not a drug that interests me enough to actively seek it out.

Not dick sizing but the dopamine rush and horn from smoking MDPV makes meth feel like a couple of redbulls

Going off what Mikeey was saying, I've had a very similar experience. I've never plugged or IV'd meth, but I found the effects to vary very noticeably depending on whether you eat/snort/smoke. Loosely speaker, the "weaker" the ROA (ie. slower effect/lower bioavailability), the more it seems to provide a "body high" feeling and a speedy stimulation, while the "stronger" the ROA, the more it tends toward a headrush type high, more fiendish and euphoric but with less of the "get up and go" effect.

Eating would give a strong, driving body buzz, while smoking was mostly the euphoric headrush feeling but with no physical urge to get up and move (in fact it often made me almost lazy - lounging around just smoking pipes without actually doing anything). Snorting was a good compromise, euphoric but also energetic, which made it my favorite ROA back in my early rave days (also convenient in venues).

Ive tried Meth a few times, maybe 6 times, and it never has appealed to me. The last time I tried it I didn't mind it as it made me quite horny and im certain it released serotonin as it felt similar to a small dose of MDMA at times, licking my lips, feeling a little loved up and pulling duck faces. Possibly 4MAR which Ive heard is sometimes sold as Meth in Aus and does release serotonin?

Still not a drug that interests me enough to actively seek it out.

Not dick sizing but the dopamine rush and horn from smoking MDPV makes meth feel like a couple of redbulls

Serotonergic, MDMA-esque effects are common the first few times you use meth, but they stop occurring very quickly with regular consumption. I didn't find 4-MAR to be all that much like MDMA, if anything it felt a little less serotonergic than meth, but also a lot cleaner and longer lasting (too long, imo, would recommend never consuming 4-MAR without something on hand that will let you sleep, or you'll end up still rolling around in bed trying to pass out 18 hours after your last toke).

IV oddly enough is one of the most long-acting meth ROAs...one shot of meth lasts a loooong time.

I found meth to be an acquired taste. The first few times I used it, it was just a quick rush, followed by a large energy boost for the next 6 hours or so. It was only after I'd been using it for a while that I started getting a euphoric high from it in itself.

I definitely agree it is an acquired taste, having tried meth on many occasions through multiple routes of administration (never IVd and don't plan to though), I found it to be nothing more than an energy boost that lasted forever. Not what I look for in a drug, even stimulants like cocaine don't hit me the way it hits my friends. I think it's just my brain type and the fact that I value going to sleep far too highly that turns me away from anything of the sort. My advice to anyone looking to experiment; if it doesn't tickle your fancy the first time, put it down and walk away.

You build up a tolorance to it extremely fast. And the high only lasts a short while. The intense high at least. It's very easy to blow lost of money on and, the come down and withdrawl is terriable. I agree best to avoid it.