• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth is just a hype drug and a waste of money?

zahal

Greenlighter
Ive bought meth 4 times in the last few months all of which i smoked from glass pipe. The first time was better of the 4 i got a decent rush off it for about an hour then it went away and i just felt nautious. I tried smoking more of it the same night and felt next to nothing.

The last time i smoked it i bought half a g and smoked the whole lot in one night because i couldnt get a satisfying high all i got was a light buzz that lasted 15 mins if that. Then i just felt like shit for the next day and couldnt sleep and just jacked off for 10hrs. Most street drugs in aus are just adulterated shit. ?

i don't get how people have the money to use hard drugs in australia, too pricey even if the high was good, which i am not even bothered to find out.

I found meth to be an acquired taste. The first few times I used it, it was just a quick rush, followed by a large energy boost for the next 6 hours or so. It was only after I'd been using it for a while that I started getting a euphoric high from it in itself.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend you bother acquiring it. Meth never improved anyone's life.

As above, meth is just a game of catch up... It's fun but it's trading today for tomorrow. Eventually you have to stop and it catches up.

I found meth to be an acquired taste.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend you bother acquiring it. Meth never improved anyone's life.

It certainly is an acquired taste. If you are on the spectrum of being a thrill-seeker/risk-taker/adrenaline junkie, i would say you most certainly will lean towards acquiring this nasty taste. Wish i never tried it.

Wish i never tried it
I think a lot of people feel this way - or wish they'd never developed a taste for meth (or heroin or other powerfully addictive drugs).

In my opinion the OP is lucky not to enjoy meth. It's a blessing, really.

Im not gonna acquire it. Certainly arent addicted to it. Whether im more immune to it than others or i just get bunk shit i dont know. But the high i got was not worth the money considering i can buy a $15 box of wine and get shitfaced. Alot of people love it though and one of my friends say it relaxes them. I dont really get it.

As above, meth is just a game of catch up... It's fun but it's trading today for tomorrow. Eventually you have to stop and it catches up.

This coupled with a medioca high which never lasted long out of the 6 times ive done it this year just yea why bother with it.

In my opinion the OP is lucky not to enjoy meth. It's a blessing, really.

Yeah, some people take to it very quickly, but it's not for everyone. I wouldn't say it's all hype, just subjective.

Zahal, If it's not for you, I don't think you're really missing much. Plenty of other ways to have a good time or relax.

If you bought a half g and just got "a light buzz" then you were definitely sold some crappy stuff that was probably nearly all cutter.

Stay the fuck away from meth dude. It's such a cunt of a drug. Literally nothing good comes of it.

No, but it's really a matter of context.

I don't think there is much to be gained from editing a reference to the price of cheap non-specific plonk.
If the poster had said "i can get [some type of booze] for [cheap price]" - i would edit it - but i think they're just noting that for not-much-money they can have a drink. The price of the meth wasn't mentioned (nor was the price/type of alcohol) - so to me that seems fine.
Not sure if other mods agree with me, but when violations of the guidelines are kind of ambiguous, i feel it is sometimes best to leave it be.
We get accused of "over-moderating" or something if we get too nitpicky, and i'm conscious of not wanting to deter new posters. :)

TL;DR Highly recommend from experience to avoid meth. If you're going to use it, eat or snort it. A better alternative is Old School Wet / Paste / Dried Crystal Fluffy (like cocaine) high quality speed. Pricing is similar, and it doesn't fuck with your head as much. My favourite is Dextroamphetamine (Dexies) manufactured by a Pharmaceutical Company. They come in 5mg tablets. Eating roughly 7 to 10 of them, depending on tolerance, will provide almost identical effects as meth.

Firstly I'd like to say, that I've discontinued the use of methamphetamine after approximately one and a half years. I would never recommended it to anyone, and I often enjoy a variety of substances, uppers and downers. If we look at it as a cost-effective, cheaper alternative stimulant to Cocaine, then yes, it is a cheap drug and easily manufactured. Over the past couple years, the quality of Ice has risen on street, and it has also become cheaper. However, it depends on where you live in Australia. Particularly coastal cities, such as Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne often have a large supply of quality methamphetamine.

In my opinion, and as others have said, it is not a drug worth doing at all. Not even once. Furthermore, smoking meth leads to a compulsive habit, turning it into a weekend fun, to a daily use, depending on your situation. You can work on it well enough, depending on your job.

Sadly though, I wish there was a greater supply and demand for Old School Speed / Whip. Amphetamine is much safer to use, doesn't last as long and you'll be able to sleep it off better, given you haven't taken too much. The pricing for Amphetamine is similar to Meth, sometimes slightly cheaper, depending on whether it is a poorly made pressed pill, or crystalline fluffy off-white colour that is in powder form.

Also, half a gram of quality meth will keep you up for days. That is a LOT of gear. The half-life is roughly around 12 hours. Smoking it has a bioavailability of around 90%, while it lasts shorter however.

If you still choose to use meth, you'd be better off doing it the safest way possible. Eat your gear. Yes, it will last longer, but that means you can simply buy less of it, and have say, most of it eaten in one session, then a few hours later eat the rest. Snorting is another option if you enjoy the rush it provides, but I wouldn't recommend snorting gear, it burns and has a shorter duration than eating. The ritual of smoking meth is highly addictive, truly it is not worth it. It took me a year and a half before I could finally quit, and I have broken 7 pipes as an attempt to stop smoking it.

The hype of meth use in Australia, the social-norm of getting on it and such is just not worth it. There are better, safer drugs to use. Do not use it alone by yourself, it will become habit forming very quickly, such as staying up all night wired playing video games. I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Speed paste in Aus is almost always meth. Regular amphetamine went out with the propellor hat.

^ this is true.

MikeeyGuy's point about taking speed orally as a harm minimisation stategy is absolutely valid though.
A lot of harm (including falling into a pattern of compulsive re-dosing) is related to the route of administration.
Smoking meth is widely known to be especially fiendish.

For more info regarding the types of amphetamine doing the rounds in the australian black market, this classic old gem of a AusDD thread is very informative (and entertaining!): My nanna can't tell an amphetamine from a methamphetamine!?

^ this is true.

MikeeyGuy's point about taking speed orally as a harm minimisation stategy is absolutely valid though.
A lot of harm (including falling into a pattern of compulsive re-dosing) is related to the route of administration.

[/URL]

Like i pointed out in the M.amp thread, meth has one of, if not, the most varying effect profiles relating to ROA of any drug.

After personally observing and impartially making conclusions on each ROA, i was intrigued by the swift change in character of her majesty.

I found after being a sole smoker for a long time, mainly due to social influence, that this route promptly skips the initial clean, fluid, content feeling that is associated with routes such as rectal, oral and IV. It is an express train straight to tweaked, compulsive, over stimulated discombobulation. A sick enjoyment in its own right, albeit compatible to few thrill seekers.

Rectal is highly effective with smooth effects that are very gentle and lucid. I enjoy this method. Also, the ritual is not as addictive in its own right as IV, smoking and snorting is. Because it feels soft on the body, it can lead to compromising in your own head to re-dose often, and feel that come up again. It’s like a stream of euphoria, with a soft current, gently enveloping all synapses and limbs in a linear pattern. Silky waves, hugging you contently, like a velvet robe. Body and soul. The fact I usually am laying on my side, I am forced to take in the come up with more awareness.

Snorting for me is designed for events, functions, running errands, going from place to place with no definitive idea of when a chance to re-dose is going to appear.
It is more of an 'up' high, giving your body a 'kick' and a puffed up (gorilla beating its chest) feeling. Great for dancing and getting funky. However, the comedown is more drawn out and scattered, reminiscent of dexys. It also should burn like hell to the point of crying, and preparation of the lines is aimed at chopping it militantly, till a fine a dust appears.

IV is at the middle of the ROA rainbow, providing a satisfying, hedonistic, money-grabbing rush. On top of this, offering a sound, well-rounded high that feels clean, effortless, fluid, and in sync with ones psyche. You're clean as a whistle. Sharp, equipped and ready for whatever the elements/social atmosphere throws at you. You, but with a cherry on top. Cuff links on, cologne, cigar freshly cut in one hand, reserve Shiraz (West Aussie of course) in the other. Decanter at the ready. Now, time to transcend this fiery, contagious passion and metaphysical energy, into the souls of our inspired company. You feel like the central, revolving cog, sparking life into the worlds ever changing advancements.

Speed paste in Aus is almost always meth. Regular amphetamine went out with the propellor hat.
The only time (well two times) I tried meth was in the form of 'speed paste'. 3 hours of fun followed by twelve hours of twacked out migraine. I also made the extremely rookie error of smoking a joint to see if that would make me feel any better. It did not.

meth has one of, if not, the most varying effect profiles relating to ROA of any drug.

Not just ROA. Different batches, different people - everyone seems to have different tastes. Like Mikee says, he prefers the paste (and I've known a few people who say the same) though in my experience paste was usually less refined and more heavily cut than crystal. Quality of either could very well be a regional thing too.

A friend once told me that smoking crystal made her feel 'stoned' and I've had a similar feeling from eating wet speed. We both snorted some crystal together once though and it was the cleanest speed high we'd had.

Different isomers are another factor. I preferred the dex; much smoother feeling, ritalin-like focus and quite long-lasting. Racemic would kick instantly, give me goosebumps, make me kinda jumpy and wear off quite quickly.

One guy told me "ice is okay if I'm kicking about at home, but I need speed if I'm out doing my thing" (I didn't want to know what his thing was). He said that speed -wet racemic meth in this case- made him a real "smooth operator" (it didn't, he wasn't).

Also there's the not unlikely chance of active cuts or other stimulants being passed off as speed/ice.

If you bought a half g and just got "a light buzz" then you were definitely sold some crappy stuff that was probably nearly all cutter

I was given almost that much once by someone who'd tried it and got nothing out of it. I took one puff and felt a strong rush. Strange, because a few weeks prior I'd seen her burst into manic laughter almost immediately after doing a tiny line of some different, far less pure speed. She was talking at twice the speed of light for the rest of the night.

Like most things, all comes down to personal taste..