• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why is Meth so addictive?

idk, it wasn't really addictive to me. For one year I took wayy to many dopaminic stims such as 4F-MPH, Speed, Hex-en, a-pvp, a-php and
meth wasn't really that mind blowing to me. Out of the listed substances it's easily the best since it offers an amazing clear headedness.
The weird thing with stims is that they don't really offer me euphoria, or I am not able to recognize it... As of now I am trying to take a big
break, whether it's a "tolerance break" or a break in order to let my brain heal of all the (potential) damage I have done to it. smoked meth
also reallly didn't make me euphoric, just craving for more. My brain is kinda weird, sort of... the sad thing is that I didn't find much online regarding
this "problem". Either way, I am probably better of stopping stimulant use and sticking to psychs.

I can understand why this might be exciting for your both but you're putting yourself in so much danger hooking up with strangers on the street. Why don't you both try joining a swingers club where you can both play out your fantasies safely.

Hope this helps

Okay I have been Smoking Good Crystal for 5 months 10 days 7 hours 55 minutes (11/11/16) with a break at1/18/17 to 2/27/17 and almost daily since.... This is a evil Drug , it litterally tweaks your personality. When im "High" or better put when i have Meth in my Body im not empty , im outgoing , social,not the Founder of i fucking hate everybody inc. When withdrawals come im not very fun to be around. Now to answer your question

1)C10H15N(Meth-amphetamine) Is addictive because of how it interacts with Neurotransmitters in the brain. It directly interacts with the Dopermaginic system. It is a (DRI)
dopamine reuptake inhibitor Lack of dopamine reuptake and the increase in extracellular levels of dopamine have been linked to increased susceptibility to addictive behavior. It also Floods the Brain with Dopamine. So it releases a Holy amount of Dopamine and then Blocks the brain from Getting rid of it(Why high is extended)

2)So all is dandy dopamine is Thick in the air and your twacked , sadly in comes "Tolerance" Now Meth dont have a tolerance per say like other drugs this is the Dark side of Amohetamines , While your brain is Toasting on Dope Flooded with Dopeamine your Dopeamine Receptors are In Panic Mode ,
Many recreational drugs, such as cocaine and substituted amphetamines, inhibit the dopamine transporter (DAT), the protein responsible for removing dopamine from the neural synapse. When DAT activity is blocked, the synapse floods with dopamine and increases dopaminergic signaling. When this occurs, particularly in the nucleus accumbens,[29] increased D1[26] and decreased D2[29] receptor signaling mediates the "rewarding" stimulus of drug intake. So your receptors essientally Shut off in the Brains attempt to Balance out. after a period of persistent stimulant intoxication - dopamine receptor activity is severely impaired, which can cause perceptions of decreased happiness and pleasure and even lead to permanent cognitive impairments.

3) While High on
pscyhostimulants(Meth) and other drugs, dopamine levels are elevated. Although the dopamine levels become elevated while the person is high, they may decrease to a level below baseline such as with amphetamines.

4) The decrease to Below Basline is the "Comedown" that cause people like myself to keep Redosing , Nobody explained all this to me so i smoked the shit like Cannabis lol. Continued use causes your brain to get used to having meth , But is also requiring more of it to have the same effects. This is from a Lack of Dopamine receptors and Nautral Dopamine. The brain is shutting off your dopamine Production in a attempt to balance out.

5) Here is some Effects of LOW Dopamine levels
  • Depersonalization: Dopamine promotes emotional expression and helps us process how we feel. With low levels of dopamine, it may feel as if all of the color and zest gets sucked out of life. A person with dopaminergic-based depersonalization may feel as if no activity brings them pleasure. They feel as if their “core” personality has changed and as if they are observing themselves from a third-person perspective.
  • Depression: Low dopamine can be a major contributor to depressive symptoms.
  • Fatigue: Without enough dopamine for fuel, you may feel excessively tired or lethargic. When a person that’s been using amphetamines daily for an extended term stops using them, they typically feel more tired than usual.
  • Monotone speech: A person’s speech may become extremely monotone, which is indicative of the fact that they are lacking pleasure. Life isn’t really as “bright” as it should be when dopamine levels are low. Voices of those with low dopamine may sound robotic and lack any emotional enthusiasm in a positive or negative direction
  • Social withdrawal: Since low dopamine saps the pleasure from life, it is common for those with low levels to withdraw from social situations. A person may no longer get pleasure from talking to friends, partaking in social activities, etc. The dopaminergic “feel good” reward from engaging with others in social situations is no longer present. This can provoke social isolation, which over time, can also result in poorer functioning of dopamine.

d-methyamphetamine is extremely addictive, I think comparable to the black-tie b we have around here, maybe even just as bad. But I can't get enough of it. It's a empathogenic-dopamine stimulating chem. My feelgooflost feeling

I have a hormone imbalance and meth makes me a sexual freak with no care for the outcome. I like to play hooker and walk and meet men and get them off and do it naughty.

My man likes me to get them to video me having sex or giving head and really loved it if I do a black man and tell him about it in bed.

When he and I get high he pimps me out for fun and I am horny to the point that I become carelsss and willing to do anything anywhere.

Just gave a stranger a free sexual doggie style romp and facetimed my girlfriend and her man and about to show my hubby his phone where I sent the video from my Walgreens stud that did me in his company truck

You sound myu dream girldfriend. Im into Master sub sex, I liek rough sex, so on...

Spoken like a true non addict .... Or a bitter veteran on a program

It's so much more complicated than that. No offense.

So true. Re dosing while you're exhausted and at that point of needing sleep... It can actually put you down making you sleepy (intra v) but you perk back up after a nap usually.

It basically hijack's your brains pleasure center and gives you the ephoria and "this-is-the-best-f***ing-day-of-my-life" feelings without you having to work too hard for it. Those feelings are usually obtained by eating, sex, accomplishments, being in love. All those activities promote progress and survival. But if you show your brain how to cheat then you don't have to do those things in your mind because you already feel great and content..obviously that way of thinking only works until your starving or dehydrated or smell like a sewer....
At that point you can either take care of your basic physical needs, or do more meth so the euphoria covers up the uncomfortablness you feel from neglecting taking care of yourself......if I choose the later long enough you will eventually end up in jail, the hospital, the psych ward, or dead.