• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

GHB addiction - night only

I don't think you need to worry about vaping, just as long as you aren't chain vaping 24/7. Even then, it probably won't be too big of an issue, just not all that great for you.

Slept fine last night with panadol nights, woke up after 7 hours but was a bit groggy.

but I slept fine! :D

I take 100mg visteral every night to help me sleep.
Not sure about w/d as I've never not taken it since being prescribed

Might see if you can sleep a night off it or the rather

This should help other G users like myself who use it only to sleep really. I do that for an over-worked schedule from university - gym - work (photography/videography) and to manage all that I need little sleep that's deep at least half the week where I can't risk just rolling over in bed trying to get to sleep when I finish work at 10~12 midnight and need to be up before 7 to get ready for university.

okay so I took two doses of it last night, and now im experiencing some withdrawal symptoms....

so once a day doses doesn't build dependency but two doses does (5g) not sure how im gonna handle this.

I have college and work and I can't do either with tremors or hallucinations, any advice? take once a day for the next few days till the next weekend?

I've acquired two strips of pregabalin 150mg - advice on taking this to reduce Wd symptoms and for how long? Need input on this

Is a strip 10 doses, each dose being 150mg?

Do you have to dose twice a day currently to avoid going into withdrawal: how much is the least amount of GBL you need to take each day (how much in terms of actual amount and how often do you need to take that dose) to avoid going into withdrawal?

I can get more pregabalin tomorrow some seroquel and hopefully some benzos

I take 5ml of ghb to fall asleep so I did 10ml last night which made me go into withdrawal. How does pregabalin (lyrica) help with Wd symptoms? Shift it to lyrica for a week taking 600mg a day and tapering down? Then coming off....will be a lyrica withdrawal? Don't really understand it at all but I see that beta alanine helps a lot - what else can I do?

First, I would stick to just taking 5mL of G, and doing everything you can to avoid taking more.

I don't know exactly how pregabalin would help as I don't have any experience with GHB dependency, but I imagine taking 300mg two to three times a day will help a lot with your symptoms. Keep the GBL on hand for the first couple days though, because I don't know if the pregabalin will be enough on its own, you may need to supplement the pregabalin for the first day or two with small doses of GHB (1-2mL) before you just take pregabalin.

A longer acting benzo like diazepam would be ideal for your situation, you could just replace the GHB with that for a week and you should be out of the woods, and then you can take pregabalin to mitigate any other symptoms. Ideally you would be able together a long acting or moderately long acting benzo like diazepam or clonazepam, as opposed to a shorter acting one like alprazolam.

Taking seroquel will be great to have to help you sleep at night and quell any bouts of anxiety you experience during the day, instead of just taking more G/pregabalin/benzodiazepines.

A psychiatric suggested me beta alanine - N acetylcysteine and ACC effervessent 600mg on an empty stomach to help alleviate symptoms

Hopefully this is a smooth ride lol
I can try getting some Valium and seroquel tomorrow. Should I do 4ml~ of ghb today then?

Well I need some advice on this. I did send him an email hoping for a reply or the rather. In which case I'll probably go to the addiction treatment center but Im trying to lessen the Wd symptoms if at all possible

Sticking to the lowest dose of G you are comfortable with is probably a good idea. If that is 4mL, that is 4mL, but if it's more, it's more. From what you said, it seems like you don't need to take more than 5mL to stay comfortable.

At the moment I'm using pregabalin 150mg every 8-12 hours with 8g beta alanine. Getting other supplementary stuff later today hoping to ride this out till the weekend and deal with it then.

What does pregabalin tapering do? Is it resetting my withdrawals which I'll have to deal with later or is it letting my gaba system Rest? I'm not really sure why people suggest it so can someone point it out for me? Atm I'm taking it because I don't want to have "another" seizure or hellucinations or tremors.

No, pregabalin isn't going to "reset your withdrawals." Taking it will just help stimulate your GABA receptors so you don't go into full blown withdrawal and have a seizure or something.

Be very careful how you dose the pregabalin though. Taking doses over 600mg or too much each day in total will lower your seizure threshold, which is something you absolutely want to avoid in your situation detoxing from GHB because it will already be extremely lowered, making the possibility of having a seizure a very real risk.

When are you going to see about getting something more appropriate like diazepam? Any chance you could also get some valproic acid (Depakote) to help prevent seizures?

I acquired N acetyl cystenine to take 600mg per day maybe for a month. pregabalin Im at the moment taking 600mg per day, I'll lower it to 450mg now till I reach day 4 or 5. I can get some valium as well to help but don't think I'll need it really? should I?

Im taking beta alanine 15g~ or as needed everyday now (today is 2nd day) and pregabalin once every 8~12 hours (150mg) and NAC 600mg daily - anything else I should add? valium I suppose?

Anyone has any idea how long I should be taking pregabalin for ? I only want to take the minimum amount, 300~450mg daily never going over.

Sadly I don't have any experience with N acetyl cystenine, though it sounds promising from the (little) research I just did. Honestly though, I think you'll find much more relief from something more traditionally used to treat gabaergic withdrawal like diazepam. Frankly, I wouldn't put too much stake in the supplement in terms of treating acute gabaergic withdrawal if you have developed any kind of dependency (which it certainly sounds like you have). They may help though, so I don't mean to dissuade you from trying them out.

Perhaps you can begin supplementing with those products you mentioned for a week or two prior to switching to the pregabalin to see how they affect you?

With the pregabalin, you will likely benefit more from two doses a day as opposed to just one dose, and frankly I imagine you'll need more than just 150mg doses. Given your tolerance to GBL, 300mg twice a day really isn't all that much to be taking (though I don't think you'd necessarily benefit from more than that given the potential increase in side effects).

See how you react to one dose of 150mg or 300mg and go from their - who knows, it may be enough. If not you could experiment with one 300mg dose in the evening and one 150mg during the day and go from there. You shouldn't need to take the pregabalin for long term though. And you can begin to taper off that as soon as you stabilize on it from the GBL.

Sorry to be a broken record, but I strongly suggest you look into acquiring some diazepam or chlordiazepoxide (Librium) to treat the acute withdrawal. Either of those will be much more effective than pregabalin.