• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How long after stopping antipsychotics will I Ben able to trip?

Envy2530

Greenlighter
I stopped invega about 2 weeks ago. It has a half life of 23 hours but I've also read that it affects levels of neurotransmitters and t takes a while for them to return to normal. If I tried taking acid next week, 21 days after stopping, will that be long enough to trip?

That's an anti-schizophrenia drug. The only responsible thing that people on this forum can tell you is not to trip. I'm sorry and you should go back on your meds.... I speak as someone who has had my own mental issues and watched people get taken down by drugs amplifying thier issues.

Be safe, really consider why you want to trip before you do.

That's an anti-schizophrenia drug. The only responsible thing that people on this forum can tell you is not to trip. I'm sorry and you should go back on your meds.... I speak as someone who has had my own mental issues and watched people get taken down by drugs amplifying thier issues.

Be safe, really consider why you want to trip before you do.

Invega/Paliperidone is an antipsychotic, true, but nowadays those get used for a wide variety of conditions in a wide range of dosages, for anything from an add-on treatment in people not getting enough of an anti-anxiety effect from their anti-depressant to full-blown acute psychosis. While I agree that somebody who is suffering from straight-up schizophrenia or is otherwise prone to delusional thinking should probably abstain from hallucinogens, somebody who was prescribed the 1.5 or 3 mg/day version for mostly anxiety-related issues might be able to handle a trip if they were prepared.
I mean, I was at one point prescribed 2 mg/d of Risperidone (that would be the equivalent of ~4 mg of Paliperidone) to help with some pretty serious depression/anxiety and a few years later I was able to profit from 1p-LSD and ETH-LAD, although by that point I was in a far better place mentally, where I was mostly stable but I didn't really know what to do with myself because most things in life seemed more stressful than interesting. In that situation, hallucinogens reminded me what it was like to actually care about and take an interest in things again, and unearthed tons of new topics for me to discuss with my therapist.

On the other hand, if the OP is suffering from schizophrenia or bipolar, not seeing a therapist and/or is expecting some sort of supernatural revelation ("psychedelics were created by mother Gaia to let us communicate with the DMT jaguar spirits, maaaaan!") they should really think long and hard whether it is a good idea to do hallucinogens, especially if they're not able to ensure that both set and setting are optimal for the trip.

Edit: So yeah, if you're having doubts then there's nothing wrong with postponing the trip... admitting to yourself that you're not ready for something often requires more courage than just charging blindly into it because you think you've got something to prove.

Last edited:
But wether it's a good idea or not aside (I think it's fine, I was misdiagnosed and I feel fine) I just wanted to know physically if 21 days was long enough for the acid to work on my brain? How long does it take neurotransmitters to return to normal?

Just wondering if you were ever able to trip. I took 10mg of saphris for about 4 months and quit taking it a little over a week ago. However, after not taking it for a day I tried to take a quarter oz of shrooms and nothing happened. Then after 4 days I took 5 hits of acid and still nothing. It has a half life of 24hrs which I read takes 5-6 days to leave your system so I'm wondering WHEN it will be long enough!? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks :)