• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

need advice on how to settle on wage and total value of quickly developing jobbu

Speed King

Bluelighter
I talked to a guy who has a music store. In the front of store he has 6000 albums 3500+ 45's 2000 cd's, 75 8 tracks and another misc.

I purposely took job open ended and not at an hourly rate because I knew that it could turn into anything. I have been there roughly a month and it went from completely fucked (if you like organization) to me probably razing sales of vinyl from say $25-$50 a month to over $500 this past month. His long time workers ran up to me like holy shit when I sold $100 to one guy.

Here is the problem and the safety catch.

The guy seems cool, but I have proven I can move albums. Now fine, this month he only moved $500. I will work to keep raising that amount till it's a hotspot.

I have more than proven my skill set. I also showed that the growth potential is there.

I am at the point I can pull out and not leave him ahead. There is still a lot of shit to do.

Now how should i put it on the line for money from this guy. Sometimes he acts like he's broke with people and drives a Mercedes. It's like you want to have a hot music section, then.., I have to be paid what I'm worth or be done.

He's probably in over his head in debt trying to look like the man in the industry.

If you're raising sales, making him some money, that should be all the leverage you need to bargain for different working conditions, right?