• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Very Weird Flashback / Advice Needed

greenuser8

Greenlighter
Hi everyone - I had a very odd experience last night and I'm still not sure what happened.

I went on a 10 day t-break after daily smoking for several months about 11 days ago.

Yesterday, I went to pick up bud, and my guy had THC capsules (they were very dark, looked like oil inside), and I got one for me and my friend. He told me to take both and couldn't explain the difference in colors or the dosage.

My friends capsule was about half dark, the rest being a creamy-ish color, while mine was fully dark.
Fast forward, we popped them at about 5pm yesterday. I had a full stomach when I popped mine (had two big meals earlier in the day, about 45 minutes before), if that means anything.

After the capsules, we shared two blunts and got fried, it was great.

From there, about two hours after, we went to get food and I assumed that the current body high I was feeling was from the capsules. When eating, I felt sobering up as I normally would.

However, when munching about 4-5 hours later, all of a sudden I got tired, like very tired. I assumed it was from eating so much.

I opened my eyes, looked up, and basically felt getting pulled from my body. I had a full blown acid flashback (or what I said it was at the time). My last psychedelic use (shrooms, acid) was 5 months ago. I've never felt anything like what I felt since that.

I had a full out of body experience, and nearly panicked (almost felt like going into a bad trip again). I told my friend that this feels just like the L trip. I managed to keep my composure, and then my trippy headspace feeling converted into a stoned feeling. I was very stoned, a huge body load and very high. Although it just smacked me and I wasn't expecting it 5 hours in. In fact, I had pretty much forgotten I took the capsule, I thought the effects came and left (like all my other edible experience).

My friend however (who also did the same trips with me, and t-break with me, and smoked just as equally) did not feel what I felt. I asked him if he felt a "new" high come up, and he said sort of, but not the extent of stoned I was feeling. I was stoned all night, but my eyes were glossy, and just slightly red. Today I feel normal yet very foggy and somewhat depressed I had this perceived flashback yesterday.

I have come to the conclusion that my capsule had to have more oil in it than my friends.

I have several questions to ask regarding this experience:

1) Is it possible the THC capsule took 4-5 hours for me to feel? I assume this would have to do with my full stomach and the fact that the capsule took some time to dissolve? If not, would there have been some other drug in the capsule?

2) Was this an actual "flashback" from acid? At the time, I was 100% convinced I was flashing back. But I know edibles could make one out of body, I also felt the same racing mind and headspace feeling I did on L.

3) Could the fact that I was not expecting to feel what I felt at all have made my brain revert to the trip memory? I think if I knew the edibles might have kicked in at that time I'd have been more prepared, and less blindsided by the feeling. I have not been this high from weed alone in a year.

4) Lastly, I've been depressed thinking I can't smoke much anymore or I should stop because of this flashback/feeling. Another part of me is saying that it was just the edibles that sent me out of body and that my high mind associated that feeling with acid. I smoked daily since my 4 trips, and haven't felt anything like this of this sort. Is it a plausible thing to keep smoking unless I get another one of these "trips"?

Thanks for reading, and all your help/advice is much appreciated.

[FONT=&]... I have come to the conclusion that my capsule had to have more oil in it than my friends.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]I have several questions to ask regarding this experience:[/FONT]

[FONT=&]1) Is it possible the THC capsule took 4-5 hours for me to feel? I assume this would have to do with my full stomach and the fact that the capsule took some time to dissolve? If not, would there have been some other drug in the capsule?[/FONT]

This is very likely. I am on an edible oil product that I have learned to take on an empty stomach in small doses. On a full stomach or while having stomach issues like acid reflux etc I have waited up to 10 hours before a long forgotten dose suddenly arrived at an in appropriate moment, in force. I've not had an out of body event but suddenly being very stoned while sitting at a stop light the next morning can be challenging.

[FONT=&]2) Was this an actual "flashback" from acid? At the time, I was 100% convinced I was flashing back. But I know edibles could make one out of body, I also felt the same racing mind and headspace feeling I did on L.[/FONT]

Weed often brings up any closely associated memory and feeling combination once we have a perception of the trip we are on being new or different. Edibles are very different to smoking as well. Already decarbed delta 9 thc is what you are eating, so you will get a mild sublingual hit from the first step through your metabolism. Once you have absorbed the edible it is converted in your liver to delta 11 thc, a smaller molecule that is much more psychedelic. Being weed it will bring out the most accurate memory of the experience and provide you with associated emotions.

[FONT=&]3) Could the fact that I was not expecting to feel what I felt at all have made my brain revert to the trip memory? I think if I knew the edibles might have kicked in at that time I'd have been more prepared, and less blindsided by the feeling. I have not been this high from weed alone in a year.[/FONT]

Very much I think this would be correct.

[FONT=&]4) Lastly, I've been depressed thinking I can't smoke much anymore or I should stop because of this flashback/feeling. Another part of me is saying that it was just the edibles that sent me out of body and that my high mind associated that feeling with acid. I smoked daily since my 4 trips, and haven't felt anything like this of this sort. Is it a plausible thing to keep smoking unless I get another one of these "trips"?[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Thanks for reading, and all your help/advice is much appreciated.[/FONT]

I would say you probably have enough common sense to control your dose and use quite well. Being informed about what may happen is a good thing and keeping a level head when stoned in an unexpected way is a strength. Being able to experience the full effects of weed and enjoy them is a nice place to be. This experience will probably mellow with use. I've found as well using less edible thc seems to be equally effective as a medication but without the high. Dialing in the right dose for a high that comes and goes on time can be an experiment.

1) Is it possible the THC capsule took 4-5 hours for me to feel? I assume this would have to do with my full stomach and the fact that the capsule took some time to dissolve? If not, would there have been some other drug in the capsule?

yes it can take that long, even on an empty stomach it can take two hours.

2) Was this an actual "flashback" from acid? At the time, I was 100% convinced I was flashing back. But I know edibles could make one out of body, I also felt the same racing mind and headspace feeling I did on L.

does it count as a flashback if you aren't sober? edibles can drag you deeper into the effects for hours before plateauing.

3) Could the fact that I was not expecting to feel what I felt at all have made my brain revert to the trip memory? I think if I knew the edibles might have kicked in at that time I'd have been more prepared, and less blindsided by the feeling. I have not been this high from weed alone in a year.

edibles tolerance is not really effected by smoking tolerance and yeah the effects can come as a surprise.

4) Lastly, I've been depressed thinking I can't smoke much anymore or I should stop because of this flashback/feeling. Another part of me is saying that it was just the edibles that sent me out of body and that my high mind associated that feeling with acid. I smoked daily since my 4 trips, and haven't felt anything like this of this sort. Is it a plausible thing to keep smoking unless I get another one of these "trips"?

the mental effects after smoking don't last long enough to really mess with your head, but edibles do. i don't think you need to be overly concerned about herb acting like a hallucinogen, edibles really can send you on a trip and it sounds like you took a pretty strong dose.

btw thanks for leaving such a clear description, makes it a lot easier to read and respond

Thanks a lot for the responses Yourbaker & thujone - I'm glad that this most likely isn't anything serious. Although I've daily smoked, I can't underestimate the power of a t-break, and more importantly a potent edible.

I haven't had an out of body experience like that from weed alone since my first toking days (and I've only dabbled with edibles <20 times). I felt foggy nearly all today, but I'm starting to feel better about the situation, and will give smoking a go tomorrow. Much appreciated.

Update: I brushed this experience as nothing but getting really high unsuspectedly. However, a very similar thing happened two days ago. I was toking on a lot of weed, and I could stare in my friends car, and try to "remember" this out of body feeling. And I felt it again, but I had to be really high.

This time however, I managed to keep my cool. The best way I can describe this feeling is just looking around like your normal self, and all of a sudden your conscious gets pulled to the back of your mind, to the point where you can't really process that much what you're looking at - creating a headspace type feeling. I'm not sure if this was an acid flashback. I tried looking around and testing, I had lots of visual snow (just from weed I assume) but no actual trippy visuals. Does this negate this being an acid flashback?

If you are still active I would really appreciate some advice. I have a ridiculously low THC tolerance, and took 2 edibles about a week ago and had exactly the same experience, having only had the acid a week before. The thing is I still have the visual snow, and feel as if I can go back into the trip if I want to by doing the stare. Does this ever go, because it's been giving me quite bad sleeping problems and has me on edge the whole time (Having only drunk since). Does it get better, and if so is there anyway to speed up the recovery process