• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heart rate on Amphetamines?

kx_

Bluelighter
What would be the OK heart rate on Amphetamines?

Sometimes I get anxious and start measuring my pulse with stopwatch while on amph....LIke right now, it is 102-108 sitting at the computer.....

Same go to the doctor and get a ekg and uktrasound they can test to make sure youmwerent born with something wrong with your heart that would make acute elevated hr dangerous

My EKG is fine. Checked under normal conditions and under amphetamine induced panic attack in ER, several years ago (when I didn't have any benzo) lol. In the ER they wouldn't give me any benzo or anything like that, event though I told them I took 1 line of street speed.... Go figure. It took me 3 days of no sleeping and no benzo from that 1 line to feel normal again.

I remmeber, I then came to BL and was messaging back and forth with this guy First Bad Comedown, he helped me a lot during that time....

I don't take amph often, maybe twice a year now....

Took 1mg Klonopin, feel fine.

I had my heart rate reach 192 bpm once while on 20mg adderall (insufflated). My friend who is very experienced said that it was alright (it had been my first time). 102-108 doesn't sound bad at all if you are on them, how much did you take and how did you take them?

Took 3 lines. I donno how many mgs exactly. Right now i am laying in bed and its 80 bpm.

80bpm sounds fine. My resting heart rate was 100 I think. If it reaches anything higher than 115 resting then maybe you should lower your dosage

I had my heart rate reach 192 bpm once while on 20mg adderall (insufflated). My friend who is very experienced said that it was alright (it had been my first time)

That is definitely not alright unless you were doing something extremely strenuous.

OP, I wouldn't worry. Some people having a resting HR of 100 without having done amphetamines. From a medical viewpoint, anything under 120 is no cause for concern.

102-108 is fine IMO. I'm in the 130-140 range when on 2 hour runs. You're probably increasing that number as well just by worrying about your heart rate.

First time I done meth I thought I was taking a heart attack for real. I must have taken 100mg of Diazepam easy (big tolerance) to chill me out.