• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

John Coltrane

mr peabody

Bluelight Crew
“To perceive again and this time it must be said, for all who read to know that no matter what, it is all with God. He is gracious and merciful. His way is in love, through which we all are. Wherever and whoever you are, always strive to follow and walk in the right path and ask for aid and assistance. Herein lies the ultimate and eternal happiness which is ours through His grace.”

John Coltrane
From the album "Infinity"

John Coltrane
Alice Coltrane
Jimmy Garrison
Elvin Jone:
McCoy Tyner

Last edited:
I used to go to the Church of Coltraine sometimes. It was awesome. During the services, most people played jazz and sang. It was just down the street from me on Filmore in San Francisco.

Listening to Coltrane is pretty-much like a religious experience for me.

Although I haven't picked up my alto sax in about 5 years, I did learn this song. It is a spiritual experience to play it, as well as listen to it. My sax is about 4000km away though, so I won't be playing it again for a while. Still, it sounds like silk

Although I haven't picked up my alto sax in about 5 years, I did learn this song. It is a spiritual experience to play it, as well as listen to it. My sax is about 4000km away though, so I won't be playing it again for a while. Still, it sounds like silk

My mom was a Duke Ellington fan so I got to grow up with this music coming from an old "stereo hifi" in the living room. I have always thought that the exposure to jazz was part of why I love the melancholy in life as much as I love happiness. You are right, this piece is like silk.

What took you so far away without your sax? (If that's not too personal.)

My mom was a Duke Ellington fan so I got to grow up with this music coming from an old "stereo hifi" in the living room. I have always thought that the exposure to jazz was part of why I love the melancholy in life as much as I love happiness. You are right, this piece is like silk.

What took you so far away without your sax? (If that's not too personal.)