Bluelight

Thread: John Coltrane

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Collapse Details
    John Coltrane 
    #1
    Bluelighter mr peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Frostbite Falls, MN
    Posts
    246
    “To perceive again and this time it must be said, for all who read to know that no matter what, it is all with God. He is gracious and merciful. His way is in love, through which we all are. Wherever and whoever you are, always strive to follow and walk in the right path and ask for aid and assistance. Herein lies the ultimate and eternal happiness which is ours through His grace.”

    John Coltrane
    From the album "Infinity"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3jaJDr8zKA


    Last edited by mr peabody; 25-01-2017 at 20:39.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    love me some Coltrane. I'm uplifted. yeah!
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Bluelighter socko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    3,638
    I used to go to the Church of Coltraine sometimes. It was awesome. During the services, most people played jazz and sang. It was just down the street from me on Filmore in San Francisco.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Moderator
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    Foreigner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Cosmos
    Posts
    5,699
    I dig it
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Listening to Coltrane is pretty-much like a religious experience for me.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Senior Moderator
    Recovery Support
    herbavore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    in a dream
    Posts
    12,048
    A Love Supreme is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHUapMTgWD0 Love the pictures of a young Coltrane on this one.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Bluelighter mr peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Frostbite Falls, MN
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by herbavore View Post
    A Love Supreme is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHUapMTgWD0 Love the pictures of a young Coltrane on this one.
    How beautiful. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Although I haven't picked up my alto sax in about 5 years, I did learn this song. It is a spiritual experience to play it, as well as listen to it. My sax is about 4000km away though, so I won't be playing it again for a while. Still, it sounds like silk

    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Senior Moderator
    Recovery Support
    herbavore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    in a dream
    Posts
    12,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovidio View Post
    Although I haven't picked up my alto sax in about 5 years, I did learn this song. It is a spiritual experience to play it, as well as listen to it. My sax is about 4000km away though, so I won't be playing it again for a while. Still, it sounds like silk

    My mom was a Duke Ellington fan so I got to grow up with this music coming from an old "stereo hifi" in the living room. I have always thought that the exposure to jazz was part of why I love the melancholy in life as much as I love happiness. You are right, this piece is like silk.

    What took you so far away without your sax? (If that's not too personal.)
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by herbavore View Post
    My mom was a Duke Ellington fan so I got to grow up with this music coming from an old "stereo hifi" in the living room. I have always thought that the exposure to jazz was part of why I love the melancholy in life as much as I love happiness. You are right, this piece is like silk.

    What took you so far away without your sax? (If that's not too personal.)
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •