• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe New Buccal Administration Instructed On Suboxone Film

dirzted

Bluelighter
If anyone has been getting the newly updated film packages, you'll notice instructions for buccal administration have been added to the instructional pamphlet as well as the films themselves ("place film on inside of right or left cheek").

The invidior website also now has a video on buccal use:
http://www.suboxone.com/medical-treatment/how-to-take-suboxone

Now I was under the impression that buccal BA of bupe was lower than sublingual (something like ~15% if i remember correctly, although i can't seem to find any info on it in the megathread) but am not sure, although I would be surprised if they advocated the use of this method when it doesn't deliver the medication as effectively as the standard sublingual route.

Any additional info on this would be greatly appreciated, I'm fine with taking it sublingually although i was looking to try buccal to see if it dissolved any faster and that shitty orange flavor didn't stick around as long. My only guess as to why they started including this on the packaging was as a response to the new bupe formulation Bunavail, which is meant for buccal use and supposedly offers some advantages over regular suboxone film (such as being able to talk with the medication in your mouth).

anyways, thanks guys

Buccal will have a slightly lower ba and takee a little longer to dissolve. There are no real benefits to it.

Bunavail on the other hand has a dual layer, allowing for better absorbing.

There is a benefit to slower dissolving time if you are looking for a slower drip of buprenorphine (last longer!)