• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Lyrica and weed - First Time Combo - unexpected high.

Dyspoid

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

I just wanted to make this thread to show you guys or anyone potentially thinking about trying this the experience that I've had with this combination. If it's in the wrong location or violates any rules, please don't hesitate to point it out - I haven't really posted here before.

I have some experience with Lyrica. I have dosed probably 3-4 times in the past, and it has been relatively enjoyable.

I took 700mgs of the drug - a dose that was relatively annoying due to the fact that each capsule was only 25mg. It took a while to kick in, by my rough approximation it was about one and a half hours. The wait, however, was definitely worth it. I felt blissful and couldn't help but smile. The effects were comparable to mdma - for some reason X seems to make me active yet calm, which I suppose is a rather odd description. I went for a short expedition to the supermarket. I was glowing. It felt great just to walk around. I was happy, affectionate to my girlfriend and, perhaps the best effect, I was carefree.

Somewhere into the experience, however, I started to become less coordinated. I could walk, but I would occasionally stumble or feel like my legs weren't the supportive pillars that they normally were.

An hour or two later, I was still feeling these effects. I was content to just lie down and chat. Eventually, I decided that I'd smoke a joint. I mixed some tobacco with what most of you would probably say was a small amount of weed. I smoked it, and immediately felt that I had someone propelled myself into a different level of intoxication. The positive effects of the Lyrica felt amplified. I was beaming.

Gradually, I became more sedated. I had gotten into bed, with no intention of sleeping. I began having some of the best CEVs that I have ever had. I felt that I could conjure up images of whatever I wished. This was incredibly enjoyable. Somewhere around this point, things became kind of wierd. I found it very difficult to move. I felt that if an intruder had arrived or if I had to perform some important duty, I would be incredibly screwed. This inability to move was soon met by discomfort in my chest. I couldn't tell if this was true physiological pain or the effects of a panic attack. It was not pleasant. My mood had changed, possibly as a result, and my happiness dwindled. I was into dysphoric territory. I was sleeping with the door open, was concerned that it was unsafe due to the fact that I was incapacitated. Looking outside, I could see people moving about in the darkness. They were not necessarily malicious, but it made me quite paranoid. I have never hallucinated before, so it was a pretty confusing period of time. Eventually, I had my girlfriend close the door.

I fell asleep at some point, probably five hours after ingestion. I don't remember when, but I can only assume I was somewhere in my mind.

All in all, this trip was interesting - which was exactly what I was looking for. I would definitely do it again, and try to accommodate for the negative factors such that I might avoid the less pleasant aspects of the experience.

Also - it is worth noting that all lights were very bright. Almost uncomfortable to the eye.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_pregabalin
substancecode_gabapentinoids
substancecode_marijuana
substancecode_cannabis
_combo_
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral
roacode_smoked
roacode_inhaled

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Lyrica (pregabalin) is a pretty great drug. I tried it a few times and it was one of the best feelings I've had from any drug. I felt extremely sociable, loving, and euphoric, with a great body high and like you said, loss of coordination. I think I took like 300mg, or maybe 375. It was a long time ago.

Welcome, this is the correct section, thanks for sharing. :)