Reporting posts

MDPV_Psychosis

Bluelighter
I spend most of my time in Other Drugs and Basic Drugs. New threads that are blatantly against the rules pop up on a regular basis. The mods in these forums are good about catching these threads in a timely manner.

In these cases is there much point in reporting these posts when I come across one? Usually the mods catch the threads on their own within a reasonable time frame so it seems unnecessary to report them?

^ i wouldn't characterise reporting a post as 'prodding a volunteer' but thanks for the concern :)

if you see something you feel should be brought to staff attention, report it. better you report it and they've already seen it than you don't and something gets missed.

thanks.

alasdair

It certainly can't hurt. I don't think moderators can, or are expected to, read everything posted in their sub-forum and Bluelight is really about the community. I always appreciated reports; I may or may not have noticed irksome posts and a report, with reasoning, was always welcome. Of course, frivolous reports are not, but its relatively clear what that would be.

In short, yes indeed, help make the place better. :)

Yeah, i appreciate people reporting posts in the forums i moderate.

There have been more times than i care to remember that i've only become aware of a post that needs unapproving, moving, editing or replying to because it was reported.
Or at least, it's drawn my attention to the post or thread that needs action much quicker than if i'd just been browsing stuff as normal.

The mods in OD have so much stuff to read, that it's inevitable some things will be missed at times ( kleinerkiffer has an eagle-eye for detail, and not much gets past him - you're really doing them a favour by flagging stuff if you notice it.

This volunteer really doesn't mind being prodded :)
It's not often that posts get reported in AusDD or NEMD - so when they are, i'm usually grateful because but it can be easy to miss stuff for various reasons.

Last edited:
I used to get actively excited when, once a month, someone reported a post in P&S. :D