• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the well-wishes Shroomy. :) Yeah it's definitely better to attain a massive psychedelic tolerance than to relapse on opiates and want to die. It makes me smile to see you feeling so hopeful and inspired. :)

Xor...you on SoundCloud?

Ps...cubase is the bomb....I mix with it too...and am still learning all it encompasses even after using it for 7years.

I've got a public one that has no personal info on it that I put random stuff on: https://soundcloud.com/user-636222547. My favorites are the 6-7-17 piano improv and the "delay long repeats" tracks. None of my band stuff on there because I don't really want people knowing stuff about me unless I choose to share that with them.

And yeah Cubase is the shit. :) I've used protools and Cubase and I like Cubase a lot more. Though I'll admit it's the one I know pretty well.

Last edited:
Wow, Psy, good for you that you had apparently already come to terms with what could happen, and I hope you can "equalize" the distances between you. I can really relate to some of the things you comment, have similar feelings in a completely different context.

Man I love where I live. :) I was driving home from the gym just now, and turned my radio on to someone giving a talk about how we're all one, the universe experiencing itself through the lens of subjectivity. I don't think you get that on the radio in too many places.

Heh, reminds me of that Bill Hicks sketch.

^LOL duuuuuude sure you weren't listening to a Rogan podcast? How do I get that in my car lol.

Xorkoth it is more knowful than hopeful %)

not to sound overconfident but I think we both know when things have been taken too far. I'm looking around my room and it looks completely different and so much more beautiful than it did as a junkie (I see my new job setup, and I see the shrine I created with ornamental candles and a 100 year old family heirloom antique clock I am fixing up (a lot of work I don't really know what I'm doing haha and it's in pieces now but still ticks and chimes)... all the essential oils I bought (even pure rose... for my next lady friend haha that stuff is very expensive)... thinking all that money would have gone to heroin this summer.

Kinda fucks my head up to think about that but I am happier than ever before so I can shrug it off in the blink of an eye.

Nope it wasn't, it was some lady who lives in my town and she represents some group. I didn't really register her name/organization so I don't remember.

Yeah it used to bum me out thinking about how much money I wasted on opiates, but whatever, no sense crying over spilled milk, as they say. Isn't it great to be able to afford things again? :)

It is wonderful! For my brother's birthday, I took him out to a show where we have a mutual friend who plays in the band we went to say as the drummer (and a buddy I made pretty randomly while getting clean... I saw my bro's band play for the first time at his place but we ended up being friends). Bought him a couple craft beers he likes and the place was so chill (I can't drink... nothing but herb psychs valium... that last one at least for now). I've been forgetting to take it I've been so damn happy man... forgetting to take benzos is pretty crazy.

I am surprising him with the book Inherent Vice as we both think the movie is killer. Super psyched for that he is gonna love it cause I know he was going to ask for it for Christmas... and we trade books frequently so I get to read it too. And yeah man $400 spent on healing essential oils (best hobby and creative outlet I've discovered since electric guitar... I feel like Harry Potter in first year potions class just killing it lol... making my own colognes and soaps and scented candles and man like the sky is the limit with that stuff. To think it would have gone to a couple day's worth of a fix that was fucking self suicide. I don't even care though, I am not typing this with regret or remorse but rather delight!!! I am delighting in much healthier worldly pleasures and fine honing my sense of smell as well... plus hot chicks work there and think I'm cute haha.

Are you sure she isn't representative of a cult? After watching the season of american horror story with evan peter's unreal acting had to ask to make sure. (only reason I watched it really... he is a modern day charles manson it's fucked). Be careful listening to that shit man there could be subliminal messaging going on and before you know it you'll find yourself wearing a fucked up clown costume with a razor blade in your hand being forced to drink a (fake) glass of poison to prove your loyalty or be slaughtered LOL.

Heh, I'm reasonably sure it wasn't a cult. She was talking about how we should be good to each other and make policies that help us all. My town has plenty of that sort of thing though, I've heard people talking about psychedelics on the radio before here too.

Never heard of a community like that before unless it's all the way out west here which would also be in the mountains... used to live there. You can never be sure about those cults man... I would say there is reasonable suspicion, but not probable cause.

Sounds like a chill place to live man haha. I remember being atop this really fancy hotel in the mountains working on some sort of elevator malfunction in the strangest of places someone had spray painted "acid freaks were here" lol.

Thanks for all the support, guys. I'm super stoked to see where this relationship leads. I haven't grown this much this quickly in a long time, she's catalyzed absolutely massive transformation in interpersonal relating, self-awareness, and healing. I've also never had a girl friend even near this close before that's not also a girlfriend, so I'm really excited to see how much I can grow with her because of that. Romance get can in the way and cause attachment as well as comfort much too easily it seems... I'm sure y'all will be getting more updates :D

Anyone here into Sufism and zikr practice?

Also, can't remember if I shared or not, but I got to see the Disco Biscuits this past Thursday at the Fox in Boulder, a super small and intimate venue for such a well known group, and WOW! Maybe the best show I've ever seen, the second set was just absolutely sublime. One of the jams is so heavenly, I woke up this morning singing the guitar scale, and couldn't for the life of me remember where I'd heard it, and then bam, I remembered, the Biscuits! Too good. Jamtronica is just the best, maybe my favorite stuff right now. Mixing the magic of group jamming and improvisation with electronica/synthesizer elements? Can't beat it. OK I'm just gonna include the footage I got of it, the official audio is too poor. That's my buddy in the video you can hear talking and then singing along for a second =D He was enjoying the acid for sure. Also, I'm dancing my ass off, so apologies if you want to see, I just wanted the audio.

Super stoked on life right now. Looking at possibly starting a business in the next year or two as well.

Last edited:
Healing. It's looking like it may start with massage, and then branching out into other modalities from there. I'm pretty much in the alternative living and health mecca of the country, besides maybe Sedona. There's an absolutely massive market for it here, and it's what I'm interested in. Independent practice, leading workshops and retreats eventually, teaching classes, etc. etc.

I'm hoping to begin massage school in addition to university next year as of now, we'll see. And then beginning trainings on different modalities to see what I want sticks ASAP. It's just in the planning stages, but it's going to happen. This girl runs her own practice as well as lives entirely off of it, while paying for school as well. And she has friends that are making huge sums of money too leading various training workshops.

I realized what I want to do to with my life early this morning. I want to open a shop that incorporates all of my passions into one vision for my future that is beautiful to me beyond description. Holistic healing, growing natural plants, essential oils, distillation and solvent extraction, creativity (above all else), unconventional architecture, a rural old fashioned lifestyle in an old haunted looking house with a cool history, writing literature, teaching others how to heal themselves but not telling them how to do it apart from self experimentation.

The idea is too complex and interconnected to even begin to explain, but it seems that everything in life in which I enjoy would be brought together by this. I have finally realized what I want to do with my life and it brings everything together - my past and present - giving rise to a vision of the future that came to me in a flash tonight. This all started with a 2 hour conversation with a lovely woman at a similar store which got me instantly hooked on a new healthy creative outlet I knew nothing about prior to this, but I want my own version that forces customers to teach themselves how to do things and be creative. Absolutely everything I want came together in one vision, I didn't even need to think twice. I know my path and purpose, the reason I have given rise to existence as an incarnation in the form of human spirit.

I am doing everything I can to get started... this began a very long time ago; I only realized it just now. It's hard to explain but I am absolutely certain regarding my vision for the future and I need to make it happen. My whole entire life led up to this realization, but the manifestation of it began a few days ago through the help of beautiful women from different shops taking the time to get to know me and provide me with a lot of important information that has given me a starting point that to me seems akin to the big bang and origin of the universe applied to my own life. Everything has been chaos and now it is going to burst forth upon my reality and actually become something stable, beautiful beyond words, constructive, and full of compassion for others.

I suppose I owe 2c-c and 2c-d a graceful thanks. I can already see how I am going to make this happen, I even started tonight with an email to the owner of a similar business whose life story according to these ladies I have been talking to (who gave me his email out of the kindness of their hearts), seems parallel to my own in so many ways.

Last edited:
Speaking of entrepreneurship, my friend and I have been on and off discussing opening our own restaurant down the road, hopefully near a hopping bar scene area. Our most current idea was to open a butcher shop/BBQ/deli place, with the cheesy name "Meats-R-Us" (not my idea), the idea being that we sell a wide variety of take home meat products, while also having an area within the shop for folks and drunks to come and sample/eat our products. The funding isn't there (I work a wage job and my buddy is unemployed atm lol) but we're thinking maybe five years down the road after our lives settle a bit, we have decent credit for a loan and savings, we could really do it. The idea of working for ourselves is simply mouth watering to us, we're both anti-establishment stoner types.

I'm really hoping this idea can pan out in a few years. It could be a reality. Who knows though... they say half of small businesses die within a year, and that it has to be a work of passion... but can you imagine? Working for yourself? Selling a product you're proud of, that you love? Being able to smoke a jay out back at work and have no one tell you not to? That's the American dream my friends. That's the dream.

In other news, I was still so sick at work yesterday that I had coworkers and customers alike saying "You don't look so well man..." so I ended up taking off and sleeping the rest of the day in between moans of agony while rolling around in a pool of my own sweat. Took some etiz and smoked some herb before 'actual' bed and I'm feeling much more rested today, but being that I haven't really eaten anything for 48 hours, I decided to call in again.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have big ideas for my future too (finally). I never thought of this idea before, it is perfect for me. It came to me like a spark of lightening from the sky, restructuring my thought constructs to piece together the puzzle that is my confusing life into a vision so strong I must proceed with full force. I can't second guess myself, this intuition is far too strong. I can see myself in the future owning a medieval type stone Harry Potterish apothecary with all the essential oils I can find and even adventure into the wilderness to discover new ones myself, with literature I create available on the creative process but emphasizing self discovery but also science too.
I was doing research all night, and ended up combing roman chamomile with bergamot and inhaling through the nose as they both contain B-pinene, an antidepressant and monoterpene. I felt invigorated afterwards, and then when I wanted to go to bed I inhaled lavender which contains linalool, a terpene that has an anxiolytic effect. I was relaxed after that... trippy stuff. I could do this for the rest of my life, and make a solid apothecary. It would be completely silly and eccentric as well, the design of the building I have dreamed up tonight, as this is pretty much ancient withchcraft.
This makes me feel like harry potter in first year potions class.

Glad you guys both have some goals that make you feel excited. :) Working for yourself is amazing... I have done it for real before, and also my salary programming job almost feels like working for myself since I work from home and get almost total autonomy except for having to be available during work hours. It makes such a big difference in your quality of life to like what you do with your money-making time. :)

Last night I realized that I get tomorrow and Friday off for Thanksgiving, and that work is also getting out after a half day, at 1, today. :) Sweet, 2.5 day work weeks are cool... they'e a double whammy of goodness since they also mean I have a 4.5 day weekend!

And my girl is coming come in a little over a week, on the 2nd! Super excited for that... I miss her a lot.

Man that all sounds awesome dude. working from home is so awesome, I don't pay taxes either or anything so it does kinda seem like working for myself a bit. I work from home too, but I emailed the owner of a similar shop explaining my life story and asking for a job there (a day one, I work from home at night). His shop isn't what mine would manifest as... mine would be much trippier and focussing on the creative process and teaching people to self experiment and focus on body awareness to heal. I will do all the architecture, write my own books to sell, and sell every essential oil on the planet. The owner of the store has a very similar life story... engineer who couldn't work a normal job due to chronic pain and other health problems, experimented with combinations of essential oils and research their chemical properties until he healed himself. I hope after my very long email he gets back to me and offers me a job there and some advice. Glad you are seeing your girl soon too man... the chicks I've been meeting at that shop gave me his email and said I could drop off my resume too. Since I always go in there with my creeative ideas to share and like ask their opinion about a cologne I made like mix up the samples and she's like oh it's actually nice.

It came to me in the blink of an eye like a lightening bolt from above and all of a sudden my entire life made total sense to me and what I am here to do. Singularity before the big bang man and now everything will flow outwards and forwards and expand and all I need to do is devote my life to this. And really, it's just going to be pure fun for me. It was the climax of my whole entire life so far and a true spiritual experience. I never knew what the hell I wanted to do with my life, now I do. It's gonna be totally harry potter style like all made out of stone, lit by lanterns and candlelight inside and designed by myself. It will be my life work, a little outside a major city in a rural area where I can have my family and haunted house and farmland.

Sounds pretty cool. :) It's really important to have passions and a goal for your life. When I rediscovered music it put everything together for me. I've run a business before and I think it's not something I really care to do. What I want is basically what I have except to keep progressing in it. It was a few years ago I rediscovered my passion and it's made a huge difference in my life.

Around the time you got clean might I ask? That's what is happening to me... everything is falling into place.

Yep that's right... I got clean, started working out and eating well right away (the working out particularly, getting in shape, changed my life a lot). Then 5 months later I met my girlfriend, and then shortly after that my friends who are musicians asked me to start playing with them. I would always hang out over there and sing my own parts to their music, and I didn't realize they heard me but they did and they were like, this guy needs to play music, he obviously wants to play music, let's have a serious discussion with him about it. I bought a djembe because I was too insecure and unsure to try piano, plus none of us had one. Played hand drums for a bit, and then this drummer they tried out (who was terrible, bless his heart) asked us if we wanted to borrow an old Casio keyboard of his. We got to play one single thing on it, a totally off-the-cuff jam, first time I'd played in 12 years, at all. And I learned to play music on classical music (though I had 11 years of it from age 8 to when I went to college, 11 of piano and 9 of concert band percussion), which is totally different from improvisational rock-type music. But somehow it was amazing, to this day that jam is incredible. In fact one of our songs on our EP we just finished is our homage to it, basically that 15 minute jam distilled and refined into a defined 6 minute song. From that moment I knew playing keys was what I had to do. Ironically that cheap Casio had the craziest, coolest click organ tone which I used in that jam, I have a Nord Electro 2 now and I can't emulate it (just that particular tone I mean, everything else on the Casio sucked and everything on the Nord is great). Also ironically, the next time we tried to jam after that initial jam I described, the Casio broke. So I had to run over to Guitar Center and buy an entry-level Yamaha real quick. =D

Basically I just started living my life in an open way, accepting and attracting good things, once I got off opiates. And it's fallen into place nicely. :)

I finally found one local health food store that sold Kanna (Sceletium Tortuosum) in 25mg capsules and decided to pick some up. It was a very fine light brown powder and didn't have much of a flavor. At various times I tried taking it orally, snorting it and smoking it in doses up to about 100-150mg, but never really felt anything from it. Oh well, at least I can cross it off my bucket list!

I realized what I want to do to with my life early this morning. I want to open a shop that incorporates all of my passions into one vision for my future that is beautiful to me beyond description. Holistic healing, growing natural plants, essential oils, distillation and solvent extraction, creativity (above all else), unconventional architecture, a rural old fashioned lifestyle in an old haunted looking house with a cool history, writing literature, teaching others how to heal themselves but not telling them how to do it apart from self experimentation.

I'll be one of your best customers! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.