• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scared my girlfriend away with drug-use, I don't know if it's permanent but I have more important things to do than worry about that.. Doesn't mean that I don't cry every time I think about it.

I was always open about everything, she just didn't understand why I do it and I understand her. So I let her go.

Last edited:
Oh man, I didn't realize that xammy, sorry. :(

thanks xork. I dunno maybe eventually. we have had several experiences together and LSD is part of the foundation of our relationship. I don't even want to focus on that right now, I have just been approaching things completely wrong. I am going to chuck my shit and I am sure I will regret it in a few days or weeks but I don't think I have a choice right now. i have been looking for excuses to use irresponsibly and I need to get my priorities straight before I even think about what responsive use would look like.

Sounds like a good way of thinking about it. :) Cool, I was just wondering... with my ex, psychedelics were entirely not a part of our relationship and never were, in fact she thought they were stupid and that it was immature to use them and that one should grow out of them after high school (heh). So I entirely hid it from her, and it became this weird sort of double life for me. Looking back it put a lot of negativity and deception into my life.

Anyway definitely family first, especially since you have kids. Don't know if I'll ever have kids. My girlfriend and I are using the rhythm method for birth control so it could happen but she's really knowledgeable about it and careful. I can't imagine deciding to have kids on purpose but I half want one or two, and half don't.

Yeah having them changes everything, I don't have kids but she does so I understand why it's even more scary to be close to someone like myself...

On a tryptamine binge and watching The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. Perfect match. Highly recommended. Terry Gilliam is a wizard.

Never seen it, I'll check it out sometime.

Yeah having them changes everything, I don't have kids but she does so I understand why it's even more scary to be close to someone like myself...

Yeah, I feel like I probably don't want to get old and not have kids, or get to the end of my life and have never experienced it because it's a huge part of life, biologically it's even the entire point. But I like my life, I live it for me and spend my time doing shit I love (like making music). I get to go party with cool people and go to music festivals with my friend's band and see shows and do things on a whim, hang out late into the night, save money, etc. I think I would be a great dad and I would love my kids so much, and it would be awesome too, but damn, I don't want my life to change, it's pretty cool. :)

I scared my girlfriend away with drug-use, I don't know if it's permanent but I have more important things to do than worry about that.. Doesn't mean that I don't cry every time I think about it.

Really sorry about that Xammy, you seemed to be getting so close from what you told me. I had to part ways with someone because of different life-choices, with time I came to realize that we were never meant to be for that very fact. Too different expectations about how life is supposed to be lived. It wouldn't have worked. I hope you can find closure, or fix things if that's what you want. Hugs !

About having kids, I'm kind of like you, Xorkoth. I sometimes think parenthood is something I would like to experience as a human being, but then again it's a life-long commitment, and a HUGE responsibility that I'm not sure I want in my life. I think that I'm maybe too selfish to have kids. I mean, I don't think I would necessarily be a bad parent, I actually like kids a lot, and I'm sure I'd be excited to share so many things with a child ... But I think sometimes I value too much what's going on for me in life, and much of that would have to come to an end.

Additionally, I have conflicting feelings about being responsible for bringing someone to this world. That's why I sometimes think of adopting a kid instead of having my own.

Yeah, if I did have a kid I would change my focus in life, but I just don't want to. I actually love kids though and kids love me. I feel like the older I get, the better parent I would be too because I understand more and more how to really understand and be there for people, and the things that were both good and bad about my own parents' parenting job, and how those things are playing out. I feel like I could make a really awesome human. But yeah, a total life-changer that is permanent. 18 years of intense parenting (or more if you have more than one) and then a lifetime of being a parent.

I feel conflicted about bringing another human into the world too. Plenty of kids to adopt and that is going to make all the difference to that kid, it's like the best thing you COULD do for that little person that already exists and needs that. But I also really want to see what human I would make with my genes. I have intellectual reasons I would like this but it probably originates biologically since all life has a primary drive to perpetuate its own genetics.

On a tryptamine binge and watching The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. Perfect match. Highly recommended. Terry Gilliam is a wizard.
Yes, 1000 times yes! I love that movie, and I love most any Terry Gilliam film. I highly recommend it on a disso; has Robin Williams as a dissociated cerebral head who doesn't want to go back to his horn-dog body :!

That's funny that you and your gf practice rhythm birth control methods Xork, my parents do as well; albeit not out of any hippy-dippy stuff like many of us would, but rather their extreme Catholicism-ness. Funny the way both sides of the coin feel the same about so much sometimes. My gf and I just go with good ol' pharma pills. She had a lot of trouble finding one that didn't upset her biology or give her mood swings or cause her to loose her sex drive, but she's finally on one that works for her.

I'm on the fence about kids too, but I'd like to say this to you Xork; my girl's best friend in college was this hippy-vegan type chick because her parents were extremely mellow hippy-type people. She was telling me that every year since her early childhood, her dad has hitched up the RV and taken her to Bonaroo, and he does it with her each year still. You could be like that, and raise some wonderful human being that cares about music and love and life the way we all should.

Last edited:
I really want a kid. I'm hoping this year, but we've had two miscarriages and they've made Miss Swilow hurt and hesitant. I was a huge junkie at those points so probably not a bad thing.

One child, and ill raise her/him/hopefully her with love, ill show her the interesting world. :)

I dearly love my nieces and nephews. My nephew (brothers son) has just been diagnosed with aspergers. He's got a battle as he is quite violent and can't talk but he's in there, he is happy (running in circles) and he's curious. I've bonded deeply with him. Non verbal communication he understands well. He's smart but can't quite make sense of things, hes almost 3. <3

Yeah my little bro (the youngest kid of us all, 7.5 years younger than me) and his wife are going to start trying to have kids within a year, it's funny, we all always joked he'd be the first of the 3 of us and it's almost certainly going to be true. I can't wait honestly, I've been an uncle, my ex's little sister had a little boy and we were really close from birth to age 2... then my ex and I split up and haven't seen him since. And her sister's gone crazy and has put that kid through a lot. :|

That's funny that you and your gf practice rhythm birth control methods Xork, my parents do as well; albeit not out of any hippy-dippy stuff like many of us would, but rather their extreme Catholicism-ness. Funny the way both sides of the coin feel the same about so much sometimes. My gf and I just go with good ol' pharma pills. She had a lot of trouble finding one that didn't upset her biology or give her mood swings or cause her to loose her sex drive, but she's finally on one that works for her.

Yeah my ex was on birth control and it literally almost killed her. Her hair was falling out and she was turning yellow and it unbalanced her hugely, her doctor told her she was probably close to stroke. She was never the same again after she stopped taking them, I always wonder how much it had to do with her descent into someone entirely non-functional and crazy. This was after quite a few years of lighter side effects that more or less went unnoticed because they were a slow build. I think playing with your hormonal systems is a dangerous gabmit, you can really fuck shit up, that's some really base-level functional stuff there. After that, if my girl told me she wanted to go on it I'd try my hardest to dissuade her. I mean plenty of people are fine on birth control but honestly I think it's completely inevitable that it will cause personality changes. Hormones have a whole lot to do with perception and behavior and thought patterns. My friend started taking testosterone, originally to combat self-diagnosed low testosterone, and it affected his personality hugely. You can tell when he's taking a lot because he gets crazy. And he's been doing it so long without breaks that his natural production is all out of whack and he needs it to not have super low testosterone.

My girl feels the same way, she's never been on it and never will. I'm glad about that.

I'm on the fence about kids too, but I'd like to say this to you Xork; my girl's best friend in college was this hippy-vegan type chick because her parents were extremely mellow hippy-type people. She was telling me that every year since her early childhood, her dad has hitched up the RV and taken her to Bonaroo, and he does it with her each year still. You could be like that, and raise some wonderful human being that cares about music and love and life the way we all should.

Yeah that's certainly how I would raise a kid. :)

That feeling when you spend all weekend researching backpacking gear. Get lots of advice/help. Narrow it down to quality gear that will last and I can budget for a trip in may-august.

The next day my car starts having intermittent start issues. Also the day I decided to dose MET/MIPT around 6am, promptly fall asleep, wake up semi tripping at 10am and go to work. What can I say, sometimes life feels boring so ya gotta shake things up.

So, at the end of a day like that with a multi point diagnostic issue and my brain just gives up. Its like as soon as I plan something awesome like a backpacking trip BAM life right in the face.

After a few days (10-20hrs worth of youtube and forums), I have it down to my starter. Best option is OEM for $300 or rebuild at starter/alternator shop that does nothing but rebuilds for $100. No brainer there. Now to see if I can get it out without having to drop my exhaust pipe. Ugh. Fucking asshole car engineers. Would appreciate some good vibes BL!

Oh and while I was diagnosing this, guess what? Cracked radiator leaking! If my Uncle wouldnt have been there when I noticed to joke and calm me down I probably would have torched the car. Hahaha. At least its in an obvious place. I had no low coolant, its like it literally cracked right before my eyes. Fucker. Getting new one and hoses for $200. Watched very informative hour long youtube video so I am confident I can switch it out.

Seriously though. If it wasnt for deciding to start dosing 20mg mxe every morning (Fuck a limited stash when you go into 24-36 hour sleep coma as self defense against overwhelming suicidal thoughts). This shit is the difference between me getting out of bed and facing a low key week long panic attack and lack of will to live. And assholes make it illegal worldwide.

/vent

Well guys I'm finally getting to go on my self-healing / vision quest camping trip! I'll be camping until Thursday, hiking around and doing as much emotional and energetic work as I can.

I love you all and hope everyone's weekends were magical <3

Good luck on your soul searching psy <3

The Nicolas Jaar show I went to this week was fucking amazing. Simply incredible. Not only the music was perfect, the light show he used was so thoughtful and creative, the whole experience was a feast to the senses. I felt I was experiencing the highest level of art. Pure beauty. It was pretty moving. His last album has some references to a very bleak political situation going on in here since the seventies, and it was very moving to see him performing the music and voicing the message in the place to where it is directed. I'm in awe. It was a complete different experience than listening to his recording. Much more psychedelic and detailed, he explored so many soundscapes and textures that at times I felt transported. It was perfect. Can't recommend enough. To anyone who happens to cross paths with Nicolas Jaar's touring schedule, take your perceptual enhancer of choice and go see him. You will be in for a treat.

^ Thanks for the recommendation Img, I've been on the hunt for good shows to trip to. :) I hope he plays in California soon.

EDIT: Looks like he's playing at Coachella this year, which is close to where I live, but I don't really wanna go to Coachella. :/ I've never been but it seems like an event that would be generally too crowded and mainstream-y for my taste.

Nice. :) Yes life indeed comes in waves. During the bad parts you really can't see out of them sometimes. Brains are weird. Is it brains or that essence of consciousness that we can't explain with science that makes brains something more than just a computer? That thing that is the reason the word "god" exists. The awareness behind the mechanics. In other words, is it humans (and maybe other specific creatures) that have such a tendency to be absolutely enslaved to our emotions and prone to fits of depression and what have you? Or is that a characteristic of the "experiencer" itself (that thing we all are)? Does there exist a race of intelligent beings who feels no emotion and thus are not subject to the roller coaster of life as an emotional creature? I suppose the limbic system evolved in mammals here on Earth, who's to say that life couldn't have evolved somewhere without that at all? Or maybe it's a base-line feature of intelligence to feel something regarding your experience? I tend to think not since our brains are physical things and we know there are regions of that physical structure responsible for certain things such as emotion. Wow, life is so crazy. Existence could be "like" literally anything, because the physical architecture of the being that is aware entirely or nearly entirely either determines or limits the subjective experience of that creature. Even our memories are all stored in physical matter in our brains. What would we be without our memories? Human, yes, but would be have the same sort of self identity?

It's either too late for me to be up thinking, or just late enough, I can't tell. :?

I was just listening to the tracks from tonight's practice. Overall probably the best we've ever had, it was wonderful. I had an idea for a jam format at the end of a song, transitioning over 5-7 minutes into a new song we've sort of played before but haven't worked out in our new 3-piece format. Well, I described my idea twice before we tried playing it, and not only did we play the main song nearly perfectly, but we executed the jam into the new song nearly perfectly. We're almost ready to start playing shows again finally (after splitting up as a 6-piece and also losing out bass player, so now as a 3-piece with me on keys/synth, and a guitar and drummer), and I'm so excited. :) We've been practicing 3 days a week consistently and the work is really paying off. Feels good. :) I finally feel like we're a really good band, we have a unique sound and the ability yo really play together at any time, whether one of our songs or full improv, and sound good. Can't tell you how good that feels. :) Really helps that the dudes are some of my best friends. <3

Last edited:
Finally making progress with getting a potential interview at a company that offers actual livable wages, so that's exciting; what isn't though, is I'm at the tail end of a month long thc/opioid binge that has me not even feeling my maintenance doses as I step down each day. I've finally experienced true withdrawals and they haven't been pretty. On top of that I need to go cold turkey this week because the company with which I'll be interviewing does rigorous pre-employment drug testing, and I may have a matter of a week or two before they ask for my piss.

Trying times are ahead of me (and are closely chasing my tail too) and here's to hoping I can make it through it all and finally become what American society deems to be a 'man' aka an employed white male living on his own means who doesn't do much of anything fun.

Well the opioids definitely cause nasty withdrawal, but opioids generally clear your system in terms of drug tests pretty quickly, in a matter of days (though check on your particular one). Marijuana of course sticks around a lot longer, but personally I've never had withdrawals from it, some people claim to but I can't imagine that. Do you get withdrawals from it? Seems like it would be nothing at all compared to opioids.

And hey, it's possible to be a "man" without having to sacrifice fun. I make a nice salary, own my house, support myself, and I have tons of fun, as much fun as I've ever had at any time in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.