• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

how to induce coma, naturally, intentionally

asecin

Bluelighter
i dont wanna suicide or live but i wanna live in permanent coma, how to induce one naturally?

now, i repeat, im not that depressed to wanna die but also im sick of the simplicity tasks of living including feed and reproductive functions, i just need sleep forever without death. in simple terms, i wanna dream forever.

is it any idea how to induce such state naturally without trying to die or dying and ending in it???

That makes no sense. If you're in a coma you'd be in a hospital and eventually they would pull the plug and you'd be dead.

No way to do it without medical supervision because you'll need an iv line for sugar and fluids. Humans can't hibernate, and the technology for induced hibernation or cryo-stasis doesn't exist, so even if you manage to induce a coma state, all you'll do is waste away without sustenance.

its sad humans cannot hibernate because it would be such an amazing evolutionary step for humans to be able to do this and slow down aging too as well as just take it easy, relax and sleep for at least few months if not years. i guess i meant more like "hibernate" than coma, but coma makes sense to me too. i read some of the reports of people under coma that came out of it and they said they just felt like dreaming the whole time, isnt that amazing??

but as it is not possible to hibernate for humans, coma will end you in the hospital yes, but how would they pull out the plug so easily? there is complexity regarding this. you dont just do it without consent from someone responsible for you and then you go through a whole lot of paperwork and what not (as far as i know) and that will easily grant you maybe few to several months of good sleep. you might get up by then and do the damn chores every alive human being does or you die simply painlessly, what do you lose? i just cant believe most people havent explored the idea of hibernation aka coma in various beneficial ways yet

:| I am more interested in euthanasia for CP patients like myself. I'm not quite ready to exit yet, especially if I could get relief from just "some" of my pain.

However, there will come a time when I can no longer bear the pain. I will eventually lose my mobility and independence.

I do not want my husband of 36 years to become my caretaker. I know how this story ends, as I've witnessed my mother's slow death (91). She's only existing.

I believe I should have the right to decide for myself. JMO

it does suck that humans cant hibernate. its definitely an active area of research though, because we'll never be able to get off of this rock to go explore other planets unless we figure out some way to induce hibernation or some type of stasis. it would also be helpful in cases of terminal or wasting diseases where its expected there could be a cure in the relatively near future; like its looking more and more likely that a treatment or cure for alzheimer's is right around the corner, so being able to put at-risk people into stasis before they degenerate too far would be life-saving.

I hope your not serious. Either way imho this can't possibly be part of harm reduction.

these are the community forums, for socializing and off-topic stuff, so its not only fine but expected for there to be plenty of topics that arent directly related to harm reduction.

of course you have the right to decide for yourself. self-sovereignty, the fundamental human right upon which universal morality is based, means that what happens to you and your body is your choice and yours alone. the right to suicide, assisted or otherwise, is an integral part of self-sovereignty.

:\ Agreed, Tathra...on all points, I assure you. I guess I didn't "word" that correctly.

I WANT to live...not simply exist in pain, until I die! I believe I have much more to give, but it will TAKE medical professionals to intervene on my behalf.

I've lost the only surgeons/doctors who ever helped me with this disease. They "aged" out, retired, then died.

I lie in the floor, 500 ml intake of mineral oil enema (primal screams of gut pain). I know that disease has choked my bowels/bladder. I know that I am FORCING water through literally a "crimped" left flexure (think water hose). Oh, yes, I use ALL modalities including hella expensive Linzess 290 daily. My ascending/transcending colon inflates to MEGA. No surgeon will touch me.

I try to be mindful, and think myself into another place...not happening.

I've white-knuckled through decades of existence, with the HOPE of getting better. HOPE died with my doctors, who saved me in 1994.

It dies a little more with every visit to my mom in the nursing home. She mirrors ME, only 40 years into the future. She's always been a fierce redhead that would fight with/for you! I am the same...I see how this ends. At least she's lived her life on her terms, suffered no fools!

I find some solace in that, as I continue to stand alone against administrators, elder care lawyers who own multiple "living centers" in my state...and oh, yea...ombudsman with state health dept. who are in bed with all of the above. My 5 older siblings have ghosted my mom and me.

I found my mom in even worse condition than last week. Bed sores are developing. She has a vaginal discharge (bloody) that no one can explain. I discovered her vagina looks brutally violated. She can't tell me what's happening (Dementia) She just groans constantly, only to say "stomach" when I ask "what's hurting, Mama?" Of course, NO ONE at the nursing home cares. She cries, as I feed her ice cream. She's too weak to draw water through her straw. I did her manicure, as always, and held her hands until she fell asleep.

In my mind, I "place" myself next to my 91 year old mom, both now out of our misery...two birds/one stone theory. I am aware that my husband would die from grief, so I hesitate. He's my lovebird. Where would that leave him? I need to stay for him...​for now.

Medically induced comas are usually maintained with continuous IV infusion of GABAergic sedatives... I guess ketamine would work too. However the person who is in the coma must therefore be put on a ventilator. I'd imagine you'd also need a feeding tube and Foley catheter. You'd be bedridden (need to be rotated every so often to prevent bedsores), necessitating a full time nursing staff to clean you, watch the EKG, do blood tests at whatever frequency needed, and monitor the ventilator. The longer anyone is under a drug-induced coma, the more likely it is that something will go wrong. Either mechanical failure, medical error, financial failure to pay for medical staff, political/social instability leading to war, or even the risk that the continual anesthesia will eventually take its toll and snuff the ember of consciousness forever.

It's a little more trivial than injecting a drug and crumpling you into a Japanese tube hotel full of frozen glycerin for the next 25 years. Otherwise I would expect it would be a pretty in-demand service for some fraction of the world's population.

Anyway, it's not healthy, and it's not "living" either. As grim as it sounds, the closest accessible alternative is signing up to be cryogenically frozen and then suddenly passing in your sleep.

My father's artificial Coma was induced with sufentanil, s-ketamine and Propofol. Of course these chemicals had to be given continuously. I agree with wehat sekio says.

:| I agree with Sekio, too.

Bagseed, I'm sorry about your dad. Did her survive? My mom went into yet another insulin coma Thursday night. I thought for sure she was dying this time. She pulled through, but at 91, she's old and tired...running out of the "piss and vinegar" attitude that's kept her alive this long. I'm tired, too. She has no QOL and the stress of trying to provide the impossible for her is killing me.

The stress has further tied my guts in knots, literally. My GI's nurse ordered colon prep for me Friday afternoon. I've drank 2/3, but it has only "washed through" bringing very little, if any feces with it. I'm beyond miserable.

No, I never said I wanted to be in a coma. I just want the option of "ending" my existence when the pain gets even more unbearable. I'm almost there.

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread. It wasn't my intent. I just need HELP!!!

sekio, with all the complications you added to this, i can still go through archives of people being in coma for decades at times with no problem. of course most never woke up but me specifically, i dont want to wake up, as i said in the beginning of the thread, i wanna live my life in a dream state for the rest of it. so i dont find interesti in cryonics of anything else where you freeze and wake up to be revived and have your "health problems" fixed. this is more like, a state of trance for me, a poet dreaming forever type of ordeal

from the few comas i have been into from drug and alcohol overdoses, my dreams were beautiful, crystal clear illusions of life and felt so real, i thought i was dreaming, a nightmare in fact, when i finally woke up

:| I am more interested in euthanasia for CP patients like myself. I'm not quite ready to exit yet, especially if I could get relief from just "some" of my pain.

However, there will come a time when I can no longer bear the pain. I will eventually lose my mobility and independence.

I do not want my husband of 36 years to become my caretaker. I know how this story ends, as I've witnessed my mother's slow death (91). She's only existing.

This is exactly WHY I came to this site. I too suffer from chronic pain and it WILL NOT get any better than this. However, it will get worse. It seems some states have the Die With Dignity Law like Oregon but it's only for the Terminally Ill. What about people like us? How could we exit with the least amount of pain and suffering for the ones we leave behind? I'm not ready yet either. But I know what the future holds for me. Bless you.

I absolutely understand this.

Here where I live there is NO HELP for chronic pain or terminally ill people. There a few states that offer euthanasia. We are more kind to our beloved pets/animals than we are to each other. The pain and suffering humans.

AFAIK they mostly use barbiturates to induce comas and it is a resource-heavy procedure because you need constant monitoring to maintain your base bodily functions.

If you tried on your own you would most certainly die, and I'm unaware of anywhere in the world that lets people just do this willy nilly. Maybe if you're a billionaire you could hire your own hospital staff in a secret location to do this for you, but even then you'd be playing russian roulette with your own life.

Isn't that how Michael Jackson died? He hired a doctor to put him in a coma repeatedly. I can't think of the name of the drug, but the Doctor would connect Jackson to an i.v. drip. One time, he forgot to check on him, and he died.

I can relate to the question. I used to want a labotomy when I was in high school. Zombified labotomy patients are peaceful.