• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax to ease tattoo pain

The thing is that tattoos are supposed to hurt, to show that you are tough!

That being said, Xanax only eases your anxiety, it is not an analgesic, so it will still hurt.

if you think that xanax (anxiety medication) will help with the pain of your tattoo you should really re-evaluate your life.. try some heroin..

No, I have many tattoos and the pleasure is the pain of the ink. May I suggest smaller sessions and more regularly than say a full 5-7hr tattoo session, if the pain is bad.
Brad

Any reputable studio will refuse to tattoo you if they even vaguely suspect that you are under the influence of any substance. It should be one of the questions in the legal waiver you sign anyway. Suck it up and deal with it...as has been said, the pain and bearing it is all part of the process. If you are that scared, then a tattoo is probably not for you - believe me even with painkillers you won't feel "nothing" unless you're unconscious lol

Source: have a 3/4 sleeve (though elbows are a bitch!)

Any reputable studio will refuse to tattoo you if they even vaguely suspect that you are under the influence of any substance. It should be one of the questions in the legal waiver you sign anyway. Suck it up and deal with it...as has been said, the pain and bearing it is all part of the process. If you are that scared, then a tattoo is probably not for you - believe me even with painkillers you won't feel "nothing" unless you're unconscious lol

I dunno about the first part of your statement. I have used drugs with my tattoo artist and it was the best shop in my state. I know some artists hate drugs and its definitely not something they want you talking about.

I know coke will fuck up your tattoo and push out the ink. Alcohol thins out your blood and makes you harder to ink.

They always turn away people who have been drinking.

One of the biggest risk in body modification is passing out or going into shock. I have seen someone pass out from a piercing and the shop will call paramedics as they are legally obligated to.

You sure can pass out from a tattoo. I have done some very long tattoo sessions and I know when I am close to passing out because I have passed out after doing a pull, I don't want to take the time to explain that but you can google it.

Anyways I would be a hypocrite to tell you not to take pills and get tattoed but the biggest risk is passing out. I don't know if it would increase the risk or not.

That doesn't mean I advise it. I only take pills during a tattoo if I have an active pill habit.

If you want a tattoo in a spot you can't handle you probably shouldn't get it because I doubt drugs would make a difference.

I find it hurts the same sober or on opiates tbph or not much of a noticeable difference. Afterwards opiates would reduce pain obviously.

I have 2 sleeves and tattoos all over but it will not make any difference pain wise believe me but yes afterwards opiates will definitely reduce the feeling, all the best.

yes elbows are unreal you feel the bone vibrating off the tattoo gun :!

Yup!!! My last ink i took 4 bars...
Yeah
NO
Shit hurt!
But took it like a soldier.

Im in Richmond va and I need someone to deliver my xanax to me because I have too mich anxiety to go pick it up from the drugstore...I've been searching internet for 2 days trying to get help...please let me know if you or if you know someone who can help me out. thanks.

Im in Richmond va and I need someone to deliver my xanax to me because I have too mich anxiety to go pick it up from the drugstore...I've been searching internet for 2 days trying to get help...please let me know if you or if you know someone who can help me out. thanks.
No one on Bluelight is this dumb.

I dunno about the first part of your statement. I have used drugs with my tattoo artist and it was the best shop in my state. I know some artists hate drugs and its definitely not something they want you talking about.

It's probably different in Australia (and my State in particular is highly regulated). You cannot obtain a tattoo licence if you are "a controlled member of a declared organisation" (euphemism for bikie gangs), you must have a Federal police check, attend a police station to have finger/palm prints taken on request, provide all details of past & current employment. If you want to run a studio its all those and a bit extra, including declaring all your close associates and have them provide 3 forms of ID, sign an associate consent form and they must also undergo Fed police checks.

So yeah...if your guy had ever had any black mark on his name for prescribed substances, he wouldn't be licensed here. Studios know that if they don't strictly adhere to the client consent form rules and someone has a bad reaction later and ends up drug-tested in hospital etc...shit is going to hit the fan.