• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Homogeneous mixture of drug and inert powder

kleinerkiffer

Bluelight Crew
We had a few threads in OD the last few weeks of people trying to make a homogeneous mixture of a drug, mostly fentanyl analogs and an inert powder like inositol and I want to settle the argument once and for all.

Is it possible to achieve a homogeneous mixture, or will there always be the risk of hotspots?
People tried different ways, like getting both substances into solution and slowly evaporating (imo risky as the substances have different solubilities)
Just mixing the drug with the powder really good (extremely risky imo, because of different densities etc.)
Or dropping the drug in solution over the powder and mixing

So do you guys think that there's a safe option or is a nasal solution the only way?

Why are u so serious mr germany i wont offend u but u gotta lighten up people like u should take a back seat but u but in at every thread possible get a life man

oh yes jayjay let's be casual and just fuck around with fents that are killing people by the dozens over in the US now. Any concern of his would be entirely appropriate so please, don't be cute?

I would also like to know about this. Personally I have applied this to NBOMe's only initially when I thought they were worthwhile, but I never took any chances with this and made batches so small that I could within reason afford to have hotspots and be fine.
I think I dropped the drug in solution in a suspension or just excess of mannitol or something like that. No real idea about aggregation, or what kind of equipment it would take to mechanically mix. I'd say doing it actually by hand would certainly be no good, but I don't know about something like a blender mixing the shit out of a cut drug.

Nobody should attempt any of that thinking it's truly safe, until it has been unequivocally and irrevocably been deemed safe.

Why are u so serious mr germany i wont offend u but u gotta lighten up people like u should take a back seat but u but in at every thread possible get a life man

I have a life..
Please don't post again if you don't have anything valuable to add

I think mixing the drug and inert powder in a pestle and mortar for an extremely long time (say a solid half hour, to be very safe) should yield a homogeneous mixture. I don't get your argument about density. Even if one is more dense than the other, that just means it will weigh more than the other for the same amount of volume, which I don't really see a problem with. Typically we shouldn't even be concerning ourselves with volume at all because that's not something we can practically measure with powders.

The only possible problem I could see with this is that the drug might adhere more to itself than to the inert, thus causing hot spots.

In any case, volumetric dosing is the safest option.

Not sure if there is an advantage, but what if you suspended a mix of two substances in a liquid both do not dissolve in and put it in a blender, as a sort of lubricant? You wouldn't have any problems with different solubilities upon evaporation...

Sorry if i offended u guys im not in good space at the mo. This fenatyl problem seems like a big problem ,over here in uk i remember one guy in dettox got addicted to the patches (is this the same fenatyl) he got 75,000 pounds compensation as his dr put him on them after a serious work accident a year later he is in dettox and hadnt slept for 6 mönths. So mr klein sorry and i do have input and am sensible usually and to ask what is best thread for depressiön and non social activies plus insomnia thanx

Sorry if i offended u guys im not in good space at the mo. This fenatyl problem seems like a big problem ,over here in uk i remember one guy in dettox got addicted to the patches (is this the same fenatyl) he got 75,000 pounds compensation as his dr put him on them after a serious work accident a year later he is in dettox and hadnt slept for 6 mönths. So mr klein sorry and i do have input and am sensible usually and to ask what is best thread for depressiön and non social activies plus insomnia thanx

Patches are pharmaceutical and already measured/rationed for sake of argument: OP is more meaning grey/black market direct chemical-compound in its natural state (in this case, a powder)

As for the question, this I do not have the specialized knowledge to answer FWIW to any value.

your best bet is mortar and pestle as @aced126 mentioned. There are nice micro scale mortar and pestle made of ultrapolished marble (some scientific suppliers sell them. a little expensive but worth the $$ since you talking about getting killed by fucked up heteregenous fenta mixture here. So get those for grinding; avoid glass, metals and absolutely no plastic as some of the drug may get absorbed on the the container surface and f..k up the result. One more thing: your worst enemy to get a really nice homogeneous powdered mixture is WATER. as in moisture! make sure everything is dry and do it in dry place so the weights you are measuring are as accurate as possible.. good luck

i've been wondering this for years myself because supplement companies have to do this...must have big machines that mix up large amounts of powder a lot of different compounds and somehow get the ratios right in the capsules..sometimes 400mg of something and 5mg of something along with 5 other things in the same capsule. I wonder how accurate it is - it seems like a big secret. Of all the things you can google, somehow you (well I) can't find the info.

I don't want to know for fentanyl I am interested in making my own supplements its kind of a free market (in the USA anyway, pretty unregulated)

wet granulation? i think its called? basically you get the drug and a "filler" with similar solubility and make a solution with a known amount of the drug and filler. once its all in solution, you would evaporate or cause precipitation of the solution, where the product you'd get is pretty close to homogeneous mixture. well, the closest one would be able to get without access to pharmaceutical lab equipment.

EDIT: AH, here it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granulation_(process)

Basically, you get your fentanyl, and something else that could form a molecular bond with it without changing its pharm properties, then once bonded, it gets dried, so now you have granules where each molecule of fent has a uniform amount of the filler attached to it, so it would be about as homogeneous as anyone could hope to get it without measuring each dose with a micro-gram scale and carefully assembling each dose/pill by hand.....or having really crazy expensive pharm company lab equipment.

But I have never done this and i may be understanding how this would work with fent analogs wrong..........so, y'know.........take what i say with a lot of salt

Last edited: