• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Your Ideas & Beliefs may be Hurting You

I'm sure dying starving in the desert is a really rich way to live.

I'm sure waking up every morning at 7 or 8 am going, going to a job you hate where you are given deadlines and stress, meeting with people and feeling anxious then coming back home nd not being able to put enough food on your familys table and hardly making ends meat in today's society and it could be much worse than the image that i deployed u could be very poor in this society and be on welfare and well.. we wont go in too deep into that, bt im sure thats a "a really rich way to live" as well.

I'd like to see the evidence that the rates of depression and suicide are higher in rich people than anyone else.

i did not really mention that.. (you really have been putting words in my mouth lately!) I just said that depression and suicide rates are still high amongst richer individuals (you would think that they are rich, then they would be happy) but I did a search and I did find that in fact, they were higher amongst richer folks :(
http://business.time.com/2012/11/08/why-suicides-are-more-common-in-richer-neighborhoods/

Well I think it's safe to say they probably desire not starving to death yet do anyways. I'm sure someone in a war torn country desires not being shot or bombed to death yet it still happens.
Well, like I said, its not just the fact that people not desiring starving to death or no war in a war torn country. This desire that is there is most likely meek. As Napoleon Hill mentioned in his book Think and Grow Rich,you need to have a burning desire to bring your manifestations to life. The object of your desire needs to occupy the majority of your thought process, that every action you take becomes an action that propels the process of its manifestation.

According to The Secret poor people should be able to make lots of money if they just envision it hard enough tho. You're dodging the question.
Envisioning it hard enough for one day is not enough, obviously (which is like what most people do, envision for a day, it doesnt work, dont do it anymore). Invest time in it DAILY and NIGHTLY and you will exponentially increase your chances of attaining wealth.
This is like a seed, that you plant. When you envision or visualize it you are giving the seed water and light that will help it Grow. It will take time before the seed penetrates the earth and you 'see' something. It will take much more time for there to be 'fruit'. You must be patient.

I think the likes of 'ISIS' is taking the book 'literally' and what kind of book is it if not taken literally. It is, at the end of the day "the word of God" and I should take it at any level that fits my mind.

I'm not here to blindly defend religion but it's pretty easy to see that not all religious people are violent lunatics. You're just focused on the extremists. Having not read the Quran I'm willing to bet there's a fair bit of interpretation. Just because a book has violence in it doesn't mean it doesn't also have lessons to be learned.

Well, I think we should at least become more enlightened as a human race...

I won't disagree with that, but I don't think there's a one size fits all way to enlightenment.

I haven't assumed anything. I'm just pointing out the fact that the God you are serving (within those religions) is in fact a very psychotic God!

Lol, relax. All I was saying is people within the same religions don't even agree with each other so it's pointless to make generalizations. For instance, how one person interprets a certain bible verse might differ from how another person does. Same with other texts.

Again, I'm not upset a bout anything. Just pointing out the fact. If people don't realize what they want and don't go and get it it's not my fault. The 'clear' path of attaining that which you desire is there and anyone can do it to a certain extent.

There's a lot more factors at play than merely wanting to attain something. Not everyone is going to get what they want no matter how hard they try.

Also, look at the top 1000 richest people in America (or the world). Which of them started a war?
Governments start wars not individuals.

Who do you think runs the governments? Poor people?

So he had a $1 million to start of his businesses. He turned them into billions. Not sure about exactly what businesses he is in but he had hotels. So the value he added was provide accommodation to (most likely) other business men travelling. You are also negatively judging him for his perceived bad way of being president. We are not talking about him being a president, we were originally talking about money. And he made money. And if it was up to me, I would love to meet him (many times more so than I would like to meet hilary) to at least ick his brain in how business works etc. I will have lotss to learn especially since i m deeply interested in business. Heck, it's even what I studied in University.

My point is it's a lot easier to acquire wealth if you're already wealthy. Not everyone has the luxury of a 1 million dollar loan. Life isn't just about money.

First of all, Quantum Physics is a science.. and it is one that will blow your mind away whether the movie portrays it that accurately or not based on the 'scientific community'.

So you admit it may not portray it accurately then? Are you anti-science?

Crazy shit like water changing as a result of what you 'tell it' and your emotions etc. how it effects its crystallization. Check this website out if you don't remember it from the movie:-
http://themindunleashed.com/2013/07/the-power-of-our-thoughts-on-water.html

Lol, I don't know how people actually buy into this woo-woo shit.

This ritual is practiced by you on a daily basis. From the time you think to yourself I want a glass of water --> you find yourself driking a class of water (started off as a thought, then literally changed your reality.. one second u were watching tv, next one you are in the kitchen chugging some water) to wanting to go grocery shopping... getting into your car and shopping etc. This is done automatically by you.

And what movies like 'The Secret' are trying to get you to do is to 'Think Bigger'... If you can do small things with your thoughts, then what makes you think that you cannot accomplish more grandiose things with deeper thoughts and intentions and actions etc.

I think everyone gets it. But The Secret takes the "You can do anything you put your mind to" to the pseudoscientific level. I can wish and try attain a million dollar mansion but the likelihood of it ever happening in my lifetime is pretty slim.

I'm sure waking up every morning at 7 or 8 am going, going to a job you hate where you are given deadlines and stress, meeting with people and feeling anxious then coming back home nd not being able to put enough food on your familys table and hardly making ends meat in today's society and it could be much worse than the image that i deployed u could be very poor in this society and be on welfare and well.. we wont go in too deep into that, bt im sure thats a "a really rich way to live" as well.

Probably beats dying of famine or violence.

i did not really mention that.. (you really have been putting words in my mouth lately!) I just said that depression and suicide rates are still high amongst richer individuals (you would think that they are rich, then they would be happy) but I did a search and I did find that in fact, they were higher amongst richer folks :(
http://business.time.com/2012/11/08/why-suicides-are-more-common-in-richer-neighborhoods/

I'm conflicted. You seem to be focused on making money but then say rich people have higher depression and suicides. Why would you want to be rich then?

Well, like I said, its not just the fact that people not desiring starving to death or no war in a war torn country. This desire that is there is most likely meek. As Napoleon Hill mentioned in his book Think and Grow Rich,you need to have a burning desire to bring your manifestations to life. The object of your desire needs to occupy the majority of your thought process, that every action you take becomes an action that propels the process of its manifestation.

The desire is meek? What a load of bullshit. I'm pretty sure the desire to not die by someone starving to death in a 3rd world country is pretty high and that their desire indeed occupies the majority of their thought process as does their hunger. 8(

Envisioning it hard enough for one day is not enough, obviously (which is like what most people do, envision for a day, it doesnt work, dont do it anymore). Invest time in it DAILY and NIGHTLY and you will exponentially increase your chances of attaining wealth.

Sure it will...

This is like a seed, that you plant. When you envision or visualize it you are giving the seed water and light that will help it Grow.

No, I'm giving it water by picking up a fucking watering can with my hand and tilting it in the direction of the seed so that the water comes out and goes onto the dirt where the seed is. There's no woo-woo pseudoscience going on here.

Can I ask you one question?

What is it you want?

What is it you desire?

(It's the same kind of question just deeper, so don't hold me on this technicality that I asked for one question).

Since we are chatting about the law of attraction, and that it has been brought up to be a positive belief system to employ, I am posting a video uploaded recently about how the law of attraction works. Theres a few examples and a description that I hope you will find most beneficial and for you to begin taking powerful steps in changing your life for the better. Enjoy