View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and ADHD.

Mracid

Bluelighter
I started treating my ADHD in 2017 because it was making me too unproductive and uncoordinated. Also it happened that when I got my medication I got my hand on some real LSD.
First I tried it before starting the ADHD med and found it to be very awsome.
Then I started to treat my ADHD while doing acid once every week or 2 but I stopped my medication when I took acid and since I have Dexedrine the short acting Dextroamphetamine I am pretty sure that only residual effects were present on my trips.

About 2 month ago I started vaping weed again, when I vaped on acid the experiance changed completely, and I began to experiment real tripping, because I had never tripped I've had hallucinations, euphoria body high but my cognitive function never shut down, but with weed it did and I first tripped for real.
But within that trip I realised that my ADHD was blocking me from being fully conscious when I trip (my short term memory is too short to combine with my long term memory, making me (when I trip) see things do things I do not remember, now as I am talking about short term memory the things I do and don't remember are not complex things, more like I take a hit of weed and don't remember it, or take move my tea and forget it, etc.
I realised I do that sober but its alot less evident that I am missing some parts of what I am percieving and doing. Altho when on LSD its more than evident.

Recently I switched from dexedrine to concerta and I think it is the wrong med and it made me egotistical, narcissistic, egocentric, and gave me delusions of grandiose. And when I tried LSD on concerta I found that it amplified my issues. Now that I stopped it and plan on trying strattera when I get precribed I am using what I had left of Dexedrine to get things done.

And it occured to me, I never took LSD with Dexedrine, because when I took dexedrine I didnt realise my ADHD was blocking my trips from being fully blown.

So I was wondering if any1 with ADHD of the inattentive type had tried LSD with and without medication that is reading this, and if yes how different is it to take LSD when treated and when not treated. As for now my tolerance is too high so I cannot try it, but in about a week I will try it to see, altho I would appreciate informations about it.
When I take Dexedrine I usually never dose over 20mg, but my normal dose is 10mg to 15mg on big days. I am a fan of the smallest dose effective method. So I don't really fear the racing heart.

Thanks for reading and possibly commenting, have a nice day :) !

I don't think anyone should be using LSD once every week or two weeks, just my opinion. But I can't have a say on what type of effects you can expect with the medication you're taking with it. I'd imagine it would affect it in some way

I believe that micro dosing offers an interesting alternative to Add medication. My S.O. is ADD and stopped the meds several years ago as she was concerned about their effect on her heart. She has microdosed a few times and find it better than the meds. It has a similar effect and it is more enjoyable.

I take dexamphetamine and have once combined it at therapeutic dosage with LSD (in the past I might have combined it but just recreationally and didn't know i had ADD up until a year ago)...

I mostly liked it cause it made the trip follow this much more linear and convergent (make choices, not create them) thinking patterns that I get from dexamphetamine, but other than that nothing special.. And: in part, I do like the more divergent qualities of regular trips, they feel nice and free that way. Then again, my ADD is not so debilitating in every instance of my life, the effects it has had on my functioning and limitations seem to be a bit more chronic and complex. So: during a trip I wouldn't necessarily feel any need to alleviate my ADD.

I have no complaints about weekly tripping personally. Maybe it's cause I don't push it to the extremes these days, that sometimes may give very heavy experiences to handle all things considered... but I wouldn't know what negative effect weekly tripping would have on me. It will vary between individuals, I've also grown resilient with much experience, am never confused anymore - I used to have confusion issues in the past, although nothing that ever lead to issues, it just affected my personal development etc (existential crisis few years ago).

Right now I do like to give it 2-3 weeks in between at the least, for tolerance if nothing else.. but years ago I have tripped on LSD weekly, and the primary symptom I got from that was a loss of skepticism. Got way too sensitive to new agey nonsense. All of this have turned out to be quite reversible, probably from being highly analytical.

I have tripped before on DMT while on 2-FA (which is very dexamphetamine-like to me) and it gave me a really strange trip! Instead of the normal spacey weirdness I got like very fast flashes of images of objects. I have also experienced that with cannabis before. Just random flashes and blurbs.

Last edited:
I'm prescribed adderall and I always avoid taking it on a day I'm planning on tripping. I find that my trips while on my meds are just significantly less enjoyable. It makes me feel a little on edge and leads to a trip that feels less natural and peaceful. I'd recommend just avoiding your meds on a trip day if possible. It'll more than likely make your trips at least a little bit better

I feel like LSD made me smarter, more open-minded, even a funnier individual. I feel it has had its negatives too however. It has made me more drifty and comical like the Joker, and for a couple years I was paranoid and unusually eccentric. I am not sure it hurts or harms ADHD or motivation, but one can have their suspicions. Any strongly euphoric substance is bound to have a question mark or two hung on it. Also worth noting: I went through a lot of LSD. Like 2 hits once or twice a week for nearly a year.

I wondering can you take LSD every day?

You can, but tolerance sets in extremely quickly and you would soon need to be doing insane doses to even feel it. However, I doubt this would be very good for your psyche so it's not really advisable...

I wondering can you take LSD every day?

if you want to be sectionned on a locked ward of a psychiatric hospital then daily LSD use is the ticket!!

it got me into one age 17

for over 5 weeks my peer group were dribbling crazed nutters that talked to themselves and ate curtains

rock on

Daily doses don't actually make you insane, because tolerance and stuff. Even if you keep doubling, your heart and adrenals take more stress than your brain. You get a bit loony, it's true, but mostly you feel dull, a bit moody, easily distracted, and you feel like you're wasting money. You need it to feel normal. Whatever normal is at that point, the carpet must surely be spinning all the time. And yes when you try to quit after being that deep in the rabbit hole you do get some mild cravings or longings, but no withdrawal.

I used to be prescribed Dexedrine and have taken LSD / analogs while taking it daily. It is not a dangerous combination as far as I know. However, it is important to note that LSD use can cause serious problems. I now have persistent visuals from my trips and have quit using recreational drugs in general.