Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(4-HO-MIPT/15 mg IM + Ketamine 50mg) - Experienced - My Melancholy Blues

Whitefox

Bluelighter
Just to put this trip in context. It took place early in January; I had just returned from a wonderful holiday in the Far East where I had spent Christmas with family. Coming back to work after Christmas is always tough and this year especially so. The reason was that at the end of November I had ordered 25 tabs of ETH-LAd which had not arrived before I left for the holiday. The tracking was stuck on sent to delivery country. It was assumed that they had been lost in the post, but on returning from holiday I found a letter from Customs waiting, telling me that they had seized the goods (identified as LSD). There was no indication that further action was imminent: the letter itself said that if I thought the goods had been seized in error then I could claim them through civil courts but if they didn't hear anything then they would be destroyed after thirty days.

The letter itself was worrying of course; but what was more worrying was that I had found what I thought was a great deal on Ketamine before leaving and had ordered 50 Amps. I was terrified that a watch had been put on my address and that this shipment would be intercepted and therefore I was waiting for the police to turn up and raid me at any moment. Checking the order a few days later, I found out that I had been scammed. I lost a fair bit of cash, but was flooded with relief and didn't care about the money; freedom is worth more than money.

At the time of this trip I was not yet aware that I had been scammed, so I was under quite a paranoid mindset - indeed I was feeling depressed and worried. Probably not the best mindset for a trip you would think?

Anyway, I had only 30mg of 4-HO-MIPT remaining in my stash. I hadn't tripped for over a month so I knew that my tolerance would be non-existent (FWIW, I am experienced in many substances - 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-MIPT, 4-ACO-MET, LSD, AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, ALD52, 2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-E, 2C-P, MXE, Ketamine and cannabis). However, it was only a relatively small amount; 30mg oral would provide a good trip with no tolerance, but I decided to try it out via IM injection.

I made up a solution of 10mg/ML 4-HO-MIPT in a solution of sterile water, and passed it through a 0.22 micron filter into a 10ml amber vial. I was well aware that the come up was likely to be fast and furious, so I decided on 25mg of Ketamine to be taken at the same time (in a different syringe) in order to try and smooth out the edges. So, both solutions were administered and I set about my trip.

Now, anyone who has taken Ketamine via IM knows that it comes on pretty fast; usually you can feel effects within two minutes building up very quickly. I hadn't used Miprocin via this route before (and hadn't found many reports of doing so), therefore I was aware that it could be very intense. For this reason, I started with 1ml of the Miprocin giving a does of 10mg. As expected, I very quickly started to feel the effects; at first it was difficult to separate the effects of the K from the miprocin. I had the usual rising feeling I get from a K injection (and I also had abstained from K for a month - I'm not a heavy user by any means so tolerance also low on that front), but clearly there was something extra. More confusion would be the feeling I suspect. I wasn't entirely sure what was happening - there seemed to be a big lag developing between my perception of what was happening and what my brain was thinking.

That sounds a bit odd (and I'm sure others have experienced similar but are better able to describe it), and you could ascribe it to normal Ket effects. At higher doses, K has the effect of delaying my perception of moving a part of my body, for example, and my brain registering that it has happened: classical dissociation I guess. But this was more than that; I found that my short term memory was very hazy, almost gone, hence the confusion. I laid back on my bed to process for a bit and visuals started picking up fairly quickly: woodgrain started flowing, patterns appearing in the carpet and gliding around. Nothing that I haven't experienced before, but this was within 15 minutes of administration. A common side-effect, for me, with miprocin, is an urge to perform bowel movements and I could feel this already building up. I went and sat on the toilet and realised that I was pretty high already. Certainly I was getting full effects from the small amount I had taken, but I felt like I wanted more. I had prepared another 1ml shot of the solution prior to taking the first, so I set about taking the second.

I could tell that visually I was strongly affected; as I pushed the plunger in, it seemed to move around a lot, so although I was certain that I was only pushing in, as I watched the end towards the needle would move back and forth slightly. In addition, colours seemed to be radiating from the injection site: purples and reds flowed from my skin and into the air. I lost my nerve somewhat and injected only 0.5ml before shooting the rest down the sink, bringing my total consumption to 1.5ml or 15mg of Miprocin. Before returning to the safety of my bed.

No doubt, the visuals were strong and I was coming up hard still. I'm not entirely sure what I had expected from IMing Miprocin; perhaps a fast and intense trip that would be over in a couple of hours? Not at all as it turned out. The visual aspect was strong, but mentally I started to really delve into the depths of my mind. My worries over being raided were still uppermost and I mulled over this endlessly. Clearly I had to move my stash somewhere else, and I was desperately hoping that my Ket order had not been intercepted. The postman came around 1.5 hours into the trip, but all he left was some sale vouchers from a store; had he delivered the Ket then I would have experienced relief, but now the agony was to be prolonged. "Woe is me, oh woe oh woe" to quote Billy Connolly, and "Fuck this for a game of soldiers" to complete the quote. What could I really do? Not a lot; what will be will be. I have to pay for my previous actions, it is not possible to go back and fix things already done.
This was a fairly profound thought and led me away from the immediate cause of my melancholy. Of course, there is no way of fixing deeds from the past, all you can do is try to mitigate the consequences. Will I stop taking psychedelics? No, I don't think so. will I be a lot more careful in future? Hell yes. The same goes for other aspects of life: there is no point in wallowing in depression over something said or done in the past. I'm sure we all have moments when our brain takes us back to a time where we had an excruciating experience, be that saying or doing something extremely embarrassing, or making a huge mistake that had dire consequences. For some reason, the brain likes to replay these moments from time to time, forcing you to re-live the ignominy. Well, one of the powerful side-effects of psychedelics is the ability to take these events in abstract; I can view them from a distance and think "I bet nobody else even remembers that moment or puts so much emphasis as my own mind does". Yes, someone may remind you of an embarrassing moment, but they do not dwell on it in the same way (if they do then they are either an asshole, or care deeply about you).

This internal dialogue went on for some time. Now, remember that it is early January in the northern hemisphere. It's cloudy outside and barely seems to get light. The melancholy continues, but it is not oppressive; more a tidying up process for the start of a New Year. However, I still feel rather edgy, so I decide on a 25mg shot of K. Upon administration, the next part of the trip starts; I get more into the visual aspects and start to lighten up a bit. My problems are still there, but I resolve to face them, if indeed they happen. The reality is that customs will probably not be concerned with a small order of what they think is LSD, especially given cuts to budgets. The hope is that the K order gets through or has not yet been sent (as it turned out this was the case). I relax and start to almost enjoy myself.

A further note about IM administration; it affected me visually for quite some time. About 7 hours after the second shot I was still having some fairly pronounced visuals. I think that IM could be a useful tool to titrate doses of this substance, but in small increments. I would not recommend going for a full oral dose in IM form; about half a decent oral dose (for me 30mg with no tolerance) provided a strong trip. It could be a way of adding to an oral dose if you feel that you have undershot however.

Anyway, definitely a worthwhile experience, and I will also investigate IM administration of Metocin at some point.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_4homipt
substancecode_tryptamines
substancecode_ketamine
substancecode_dissociatives
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_neutral
exptype_difficult
roacode_im

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, thanks for sharing. :) I hope everything turns out alright with the seizure. That sucks. :\ 11 years of ordering psychs to my residence, sometimes fully illegal ones, and it's never happened to me.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. :) I hope everything turns out alright with the seizure. That sucks. :\ 11 years of ordering psychs to my residence, sometimes fully illegal ones, and it's never happened to me.

Yes, I tend to be quite unlucky with such things. Years of smoking pot with friends and I was the only one I know to get arrested; three bloody times! Only one other friend has been arrested and he was with me and happened to be in possession of the joint at the time. On another occasion, I was walking down a street in darkness with a friend; we had just that day bought a new glass bong each and the police stopped us. Back to the station for a strip search (we'd chucked the gear though) and they confiscated the bongs.

Upshot: don't hang around with me if you don't want to get busted!

As mentioned in the post, I don't think there will be any follow up. The quantity involved would be a possession charge and probably a caution; the paperwork involved would be too much to bother in this case. Being caught with that amount in the street wouldn't result in a search warrant (here at least - never ceases to amaze me on here how many guys in the US seem to get raided!).

Ok so you're not US... I am, honestly my friends and I have never had any issues at all.

so this was im and not iv?

how much stronger is this way than oral?

just mix it with water in spoon, draw it up in insulin pin and inject?

what if accidentally hit a vein? would be much stronger right?

so this was im and not iv?

how much stronger is this way than oral?

just mix it with water in spoon, draw it up in insulin pin and inject?

what if accidentally hit a vein? would be much stronger right?

Yes, IM. I've never IVd a drug and don't intend to!

In terms of preparation, care is the key. On a sterlised stainless steel spoon, I add enough boiled tap water to the substance to make it dissolve. Then, using a sterile syringe I draw it up before passing it through a micron filter. I then draw it up into a sterile 3ml syringe. Injection is done using a 25G disposable needle. I don't think an insulin syringe is suitable from what I've read elsewhere on bluelight. Before you push theplunger you draw back a bit; if blood enters the barrel then remove the needle from the site, replace with a fresh disposable needle, and then try again. It's not worth taking any risks when injecting.

As for strength, I'd estimate that 15mg IM is roughly equivalent to 30mg oral for me (with no tolerance), so roughly double the strength. Come up is very fast, reaching peak after around 20-30 minutes (if that). Interestingly, I found the duration to be roughly the same compared to oral; I started coming down after about 4 hours. however, it did seem to linger a little longer; there were still some residual visuals after about 7 hours whereas with oral visuals are mostly gone after about 5 hours, YMMV of course!
I will be repeating the experiment with 15mg Metocin IM on Wednesday. I'm keen to see how it works out with this, for me, more gentle substance mentally.

Yes, IM. I've never IVd a drug and don't intend to!

In terms of preparation, care is the key. On a sterlised stainless steel spoon, I add enough boiled tap water to the substance to make it dissolve. Then, using a sterile syringe I draw it up before passing it through a micron filter. I then draw it up into a sterile 3ml syringe. Injection is done using a 25G disposable needle. I don't think an insulin syringe is suitable from what I've read elsewhere on bluelight. Before you push theplunger you draw back a bit; if blood enters the barrel then remove the needle from the site, replace with a fresh disposable needle, and then try again. It's not worth taking any risks when injecting.

As for strength, I'd estimate that 15mg IM is roughly equivalent to 30mg oral for me (with no tolerance), so roughly double the strength. Come up is very fast, reaching peak after around 20-30 minutes (if that). Interestingly, I found the duration to be roughly the same compared to oral; I started coming down after about 4 hours. however, it did seem to linger a little longer; there were still some residual visuals after about 7 hours whereas with oral visuals are mostly gone after about 5 hours, YMMV of course!
I will be repeating the experiment with 15mg Metocin IM on Wednesday. I'm keen to see how it works out with this, for me, more gentle substance mentally.

I inject myself once weekly as im on testosterone. I practice sterlilizing. Yes you can use a slin pin , esp if leaner, on body parts like felts and quads. its called backloading, you draw it up with then out it in slin pin

the reason for aspirating (drawing back) is to make sure your not in a vein. what would happen if this was accidentally ived ?

whats a micron filter?

do you think boiled tap water and drawing it up , then injecting would work just fine?

The micron filter is used to remove impurities that may be present in the liquid. I won't lie and say that I haven't done IM injections in the past without them, but I picked up a load from a well known auction site for a good price. Don't want to take any risks!

Sounds like you're comfortable with the whole IM thing. I've never done it other than for pysechedlic purposes so the needles I use are based on research. You're right that smaller needles are probably fine for the thigh, but I also IM Ket so I tend to rotate sites and longer needles are necessary for the bottom!

If you do get it in a vein then I would expect a much more intense ride. It is intense enough via IM so I think IV would be pretty overwhelming at IM doses.

I did my metocin IM trip last week (will write a report when I get a chance) and 10mg was pretty powerful; more in the 30-40mg oral range I think. I did also use 10mg of MXE so this almost certainly potentiated it.

Anyways, boiled water is fairly safe (never had a problem with it yet); I would advise the micron filter, but if not then obviously make absolutely sure there are no undissolved particles. Stirring on a stainless steel spoon under a lamp will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways, boiled water is fairly safe (never had a problem with it yet); I would advise the micron filter, but if not then obviously make absolutely sure there are no undissolved particles. Stirring on a stainless steel spoon under a lamp will help.

what it stirred with on the spoon to make sure dissolved?

Absolutely. However using the micron filter means you don't have to worry about every little particle dissolving.

Also, I've found something better than the spoon. I have a tea strainer which comes with a mall stainless steel bowl. Perfect for dissolving stuff!