• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

SO tea discussion

i'm looking to invest into a tea with an extremely high caffeine content. any ideas?

i'm looking to invest into a tea with an extremely high caffeine content. any ideas?

There is a type of mighty leaf kombucha that seemed to have more caffeine than other teas I've tried.

Does PG Tips count ? Best tea ever.
Green tea is k, has grown on me. Bless the Brits bringing it back from Ceylon the time.

Due to my having the day off and my rubbish nights sleep I just had a cosy blend of camomile and Pukka sleepy time tea. Delicious. Slight citrus. Nothing like a cozy cuppa that makes you want to be cosy.

Drink either yerba mate, or Assam black tea, or any type of black tea really.

Recently discovered Yerba Mate from a Brazillian friend. It's supposedly really good sweet and with ice but haven't tried it yet (as we are in the depths of winter).

Matcha tea is supposedly the best tea in the world, comes in green powder form, supposedly has x8 times more anti-oxidants, it's used in Japanese tea ceremonies, a lot of Buddhist monks drink it because apparently it is very mind stimulating but does not have the physical caffeine "jerks" and only lasts 6 hours. You can make it in a latte too which is delicious.

Chai in India for 2 rupees sold outside bus stands = amazing. Assam is great there too, naturally.

Earl Grey = Captain Picard tea, has a natural fruity flavour to it.

Don't start me on herbal teas: I did a herbalist course last year.

My favourite insomnia mix: St. John's Wort, Valerian, Skullcap, Chamomile, Lavender.

Echinacea good all-rounder for immune system.

I love me some chai tea. yum.

Chai tea is amazing. I'm rather autumnal and pretty much a cinnamon girl. It's the perfect cuppa!

Btw, hope this doesn't derail too much but IloveYouWithaKnife, Your user name reminds me of this song

FTR this is not a music thread. Feel free to create one though should the inspiration move you.

Show us your goods ( sorry for the pic, it's early and I can't be bothered with a retake)

43K2wrb.jpg

I love this thread. I just got a few fresh ounces of tasty loose leaf earl grey in the mail yesterday. Yay :)

dammit sadie at least tell us what's what?!

here's my cabinet, i never drink that echinacea stuff myself, the stuff up top is white tea and american ginseng in the red box.

bbO1ZIZ.jpg

That is one impressive collection thujone! YUM!

Well tbf I tried to make sure my labels all pointed outward ( rather than my usual slap dash replacing) I'll list them later. There are teas in the back too.

I love this thread. I just got a few fresh ounces of tasty loose leaf earl grey in the mail yesterday. Yay :)

If it's good enough for Picard it's good enough for us all :D

Can't wait to get enough money together to score some Matcha. Sadly I am still in debt from my drug problems, but it's another treat to work towards when I got som emoney in my pocket.

Recently discovered Yerba Mate from a Brazillian friend. It's supposedly really good sweet and with ice but haven't tried it yet (as we are in the depths of winter).

Matcha tea is supposedly the best tea in the world, comes in green powder form, supposedly has x8 times more anti-oxidants, it's used in Japanese tea ceremonies, a lot of Buddhist monks drink it because apparently it is very mind stimulating but does not have the physical caffeine "jerks" and only lasts 6 hours. You can make it in a latte too which is delicious.

Chai in India for 2 rupees sold outside bus stands = amazing. Assam is great there too, naturally.

Earl Grey = Captain Picard tea, has a natural fruity flavour to it.

Don't start me on herbal teas: I did a herbalist course last year.

My favourite insomnia mix: St. John's Wort, Valerian, Skullcap, Chamomile, Lavender.

Echinacea good all-rounder for immune system.

Tereré or the iced yerba mate tastes delicious. I mix it with fruit juice which I did this afternoon.

Ask your Brasilian friend if they like Chimarrão. I used to drink it but I find it too mild and I just drink Brasilian mate that's not pure polvo or powder like Chimarrão is, as it's more strong and bitter. I mainly drink Argentine, Paraguayan, and Uruguyan/Brasilian brands of yerba mate as they are bitter and more strong as I prefer mate amargo. Mate dulce or adding sugar or honey to mate tastes good but I only do this with certain brands or types of Argentine mate, and roasted yerba mate.

There is something about maté and a few bananas that can just make my morning! I do enjoy how it takes time to drink it properly as well, having to refill and slurp and refill and slurp adds to the enjoyment IMO. Yum!

I do like a nice Chai Tea latte. I drink Peach Tranquility all the time. Until I make it myself, I have to go the main stream route. I feel like I'd like tea more if it had lotus leafs in it. I need a tea education.