Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Vistaril 150mg - experienced - crazy intense dreams

aihfl

Bluelight Crew
I consumed too much alcohol last night and I knew I was going to wake up still drunk. I can't let my drinking binge continue due to work and out-of-town guests coming in, so I wanted to "sleep it off" in it's entirety. If I woke up still drunk, I knew the temptation would be there to buy more alcohol and continue the binge.

Right on schedule, I woke up at 5:30, since sleep is disrupted as BAC levels drop. I went to the medicine cabinet and took 100mg of Vistaril. In just a few minutes after crawling back into bed, this intense wave of pleasant sleepiness washed over me. I fell asleep until about 7:45am, which is just a little later than I usually wake up. I fed the dog and took her out to do her business.

I got back into bed a little after 8 and could not fall back asleep, so I turned on the white noise machine to stormy rain and popped another 50mg for a total of 150mg. I should note that I have Ativan, but have been using it more often than I'd like and don't want to develop a benzo habit. I laid awake feeling pretty content but still not able to fall asleep. Eventually I did (but don't remember it), and I had the longest, most vivid dreams that I could not wake up from. One was a nightmare and I knew I was trapped in a nightmare, but could not wake myself out of it. The phone ringing finally snapped me out of it. I had at least 2-3 more dreams, though they were more pleasant, but I was still unable to wake myself out of them. I don't know how long they actually lasted, but all of them seemed to last a very long time. The dog finally got me out of bed around 1pm. I'm stone cold sober from alcohol but still groggy from all the Vistaril. Need to order in for food because I have no business driving a car.

In summary, I've never had dreams that I could not wake myself from. It was a bizarre feeling to know that you are dreaming, but not able to wake up from them. I really underestimated how strong this drug is since it's "just" an antihistamine.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_ethanol
substancecode_alcohols
substancecode_gabaergics
substancecode_hydroxyzine
substancecode_deliriants
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_neutral
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator: