• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

January 2017 Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Goodbye Holidaze, Hello 2017!

Happy 2017!!

+ 1 sober, hopefully can say the same by December.

It's only been a little less than 5 hours, but saying "ive been clean all year" sure does feel good =D

still feeling ragged on day 6 of detoxing from another slip. but at least the insomnia made it easy for my old ass to stay up till the new year :\.

seriously, though, peace, love, and support to all of you <3

Hi everybody.
I've been a burnout poly drug user for about 5 years now, achieving decent grades throughout but fucking up socially in a whole lot of ways. I'm starting a new job in another country next week and want to stay clean so bad. I want to learn French, be good at my job and above all else, to paint. I've decided to visit this place regularly from now on in the hopes that you folks can help me out along the way. God knows I need some solidarity with others. Best wishes to everybody this year.

Hi everybody.
I've been a burnout poly drug user for about 5 years now, achieving decent grades throughout but fucking up socially in a whole lot of ways. I'm starting a new job in another country next week and want to stay clean so bad. I want to learn French, be good at my job and above all else, to paint. I've decided to visit this place regularly from now on in the hopes that you folks can help me out along the way. God knows I need some solidarity with others. Best wishes to everybody this year.

Hey mate good luck with it. Sounds like you're about to live my dream. I have a mate in recovery (2 years+) who's in Paris atm oggling old masters and I'm jealous AF. What style do you paint in?

The good news is, I found the easiest way for me to quit drugs was to relocate to another country. I've done it twice in the past (4-5 month stints). Just the thrill of being somewhere foreign and soaking up new things is enough of a high.

I started a new job in December and decided to quit oxy/norco during my first week of that new job - I knew in the long run that I couldn't keep up both (based on many past experiences unfortunately) and something was going to have to go and I decided it was the opiates that had to go if I had any chance of sticking with this new job. Right now I'm at 24 days clean and feeling ready for the new year!

Hey mate good luck with it. Sounds like you're about to live my dream. I have a mate in recovery (2 years+) who's in Paris atm oggling old masters and I'm jealous AF. What style do you paint in?

The good news is, I found the easiest way for me to quit drugs was to relocate to another country. I've done it twice in the past (4-5 month stints). Just the thrill of being somewhere foreign and soaking up new things is enough of a high.

Thanks for the reply bud. I don't know what style because I'm a noob but generally I like doing alien landscapes (mostly with a wacom tablet).
Yeah, I think disconnecting from this druggie scene at home will be very beneficial for me.
Do you paint yourself yeah? if so, any pics?

still feeling ragged on day 6 of detoxing from another slip. but at least the insomnia made it easy for my old ass to stay up till the new year :\.

seriously, though, peace, love, and support to all of you <3

stay strong man!

Happy New year y'all. I was FLA but can't retrieve my account so far.

The new name comes from an old Renaissance song. I think it's about a person who becomes trapped in the story they themselves wrote.

I'm still maintaining relative sobriety. The only mind altering meds I take are belbuca and lyrica.

I watched I think a 20/20 episode on Carrie Fischer who was about my age. She made a comment about her using days saying something like that acid made her feel normal. I thought that was fairly profound.

Last edited:
Happy New year y'all. I was FLA but can't retrieve my account so far.

The new name comes from an old Renaissance song. I think it's about a person who becomes trapped in the story they themselves wrote.

I'm still maintaining relative sobriety. The only mind altering meds I take are belbuca and lyrica.

congrats :)

did you try password recovery?

Thanks for the reply bud. I don't know what style because I'm a noob but generally I like doing alien landscapes (mostly with a wacom tablet).
Yeah, I think disconnecting from this druggie scene at home will be very beneficial for me.
Do you paint yourself yeah? if so, any pics?

Sadly most of everything I had from those days was lost to heroin. I mostly just sketch from life these days - pen and journals are difficult to pawn haha. I'll try and find something to post, why not.

I tried the tablet thing for a while, but yeah, pawnshop.

Trying this shit again. Man I really need to do it this time.

Hello all, so in 2016 I quit oxy (jumped off at 80mg), smoking (started in about September after stopping for five years) and am tapering benzos - expect to be done in March.
Hope you all had a great New Years! Mine was so much fun! Had champagne (alcohol is very much not my DOC- I've had less than 10 drinks in five years! My friends call me "Cheap Date"! :) )
I had two glasses and then everything was a bit of a blur- no blackouts but I did wake up with a mystery bruise! So a good time was had by all accounts. ;)

Last edited:
congrats :)

did you try password recovery?

Yeah CH, I tried a few times. No worries, if I got upset every time something didn't work the way I wanted it to I'd be really frustrated. I'll be friending you'se guys again.

Hello all, so in 2016 I quit oxy (jumped off at 80mg), smoking (started in about September after stopping for five years) and am tapering benzos - expect to be done in March.
Hope you all had a great New Years! Mine was so much fun! Had champagne (alcohol is very much not my DOC- I've had less than 10 drinks in five years! My friends call me "Cheap Date"! :) )
I had two glasses and then everything was a bit of a blur- no blackouts but I did wake up with a mystery bruise! So a good time was had by all accounts. ;)

I'm so proud of you, great job on quitting oxy and smoking! :)