⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Weirdest films you've ever seen

eXistenZ (1999)

Not so much the story itself as it's quite a familiar idea explored in other sci-fi films but the 'organic' style to everything was so bizarre.

Agree that organic (as opposed to mechanized) "technological" aspect of eXistenZ was unique.
Also, the are-you-in or are-you-out of the game ending was much more original at the time. It is a concept that existed but, as video games and virtual reality were far more a concept than they are now, not in that regard.

I would categorize David Lynch as disturbing.

The weirdest thing I've seen that anyone might know about had to be Akira or from Spike & Mike's animation. Mind-blowing.

Some typical responses, as well as movies I don't even know

Akira is a pretty weird movie psychologically speaking, but when I think of weird anime other things pop into my head
Like Mind Games for example, not only is the film weird but the fact it won awards and was so well received? Truly strange to me.
Or the wonderful "what the fuck is going on" that is Catsoup. How about Serial Experiments Lain?

I remember once I was channel surfing and there was some asian film where a man was stuck in a well/circular crevice with dicks lacing the walls and this bloke was trying to climb up using the dicks

Memento was pretty weird in it's delivery

Dogtooth had content most would find weird, but it's the clean cut and detached filmography that really brings it together

Whilst I don't have a weirdest movie, I do have a favourite weird movie (and it's been so since I first saw it) called Last Year at Marienbad. That film is on a level of it's own, and it's over 5 and a half decades old now

Some typical responses, as well as movies I don't even know

Akira is a pretty weird movie psychologically speaking, but when I think of weird anime other things pop into my head
Like Mind Games for example, not only is the film weird but the fact it won awards and was so well received? Truly strange to me.
Or the wonderful "what the fuck is going on" that is Catsoup. How about Serial Experiments Lain?

I remember once I was channel surfing and there was some asian film where a man was stuck in a well/circular crevice with dicks lacing the walls and this bloke was trying to climb up using the dicks

Memento was pretty weird in it's delivery

Dogtooth had content most would find weird, but it's the clean cut and detached filmography that really brings it together

Whilst I don't have a weirdest movie, I do have a favourite weird movie (and it's been so since I first saw it) called Last Year at Marienbad. That film is in a league of it's own, and it's over 5 and a half decades old now

I used to find Brazil a toughie... the Holy Mountain must be weirder though but the tone is so different.. Much weirder imo is probably Lynch's Inland Empire.
The Cremaster Cycle is also quite strange, but hey it's not really a film as such but an avant garde piece. The symbolism being more obscure than say the Holy Mountain's.
Suspiria is also strangely hypnotizing.

Weird-ish but in a more fun way rather than fucked up are: John Dies at the End, Gentlemen Broncos... Jemaine Clement is funny IMO, i mean, check Flight of the Conchords .. Hmm I thought Sam Rockwell was in it, I love that guy and his silly roles... but I'm trailing off on this tangent..

Saw that one in the theater...Alamo Drafthouse, Austin TX. Don't remember much of it though.

I forgot about this one but it's one of my favorite films of all time, and one of the most unique films I've probably ever seen:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100623/

you'll never look at kiwis the same way again...

Dead Leaves

Its anime but fucking trippy, I have tripped watching this movie so many times and got something different everytime

70eb0ed066.jpg

weiiiiird asss fuuuuuck but highly entertaining

I thought Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story was really weird... what with the dolls and such.

040803_03.jpg

tetsuo the iron man ... only saw the first 15 min and it's one of the most disturbing movies that has been permanently burned into my mind... can't imagine watching this on LSD, it would probably cause PTSD. I think there is some lady swinging around a metal strap-on that's been transplanted to her body

edit: it's available for free on youtube:

also: ichi the killer

no surprise they are both from japan, the main exporter of all things weird...

Last edited:
Delicatessen.

I watched 'My Winnepeg' last night - f**cking depressing if you're high, but well shot.

Watching Naked Lunch tonight, :)

This one's an oldie, but...

"Forbidden Zone" (1980)!

BEYOND description 8o

just watched Triangle with the GF

quite good.

psychological - trippy - horror

Anything Mystery Science Theater 3000 watches qualifies as pretty darn weird in my book.