• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Can you be prescribed suboxone if you're prescribed klonopin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subs have never taken away MY anxiety... may work for some people? I am not sure.. but I need anti-anxiety meds, benzodiazepines specifically to do anything for my anxiety... subs do make me feel happy when I am feeling down and angry.. for sure, they have some anti-depressant effects.. but as far as anxiety goes... you would have to be either really sensitive to bupe, or entirely naïve to opioids/opiates for it to take away anxiety.. Some sub docs really need to get all their facts in order! There are some really bad, and very wrong sub doctors out there, prescribing this medication... that should have never been able to! I have been to them, and most of the time they have NO idea what they are talking about... there are also tons of wonderful doctors out there, who actually DO know what they are talking about...

My first sub doc, was so fucking stupid... how he ever was allowed to prescribe them.. I will never know! Hated that fucking idiot, he did NOTHING to help me.. and basically put me on subs and took me off WAY too quick for my comfort, then I relapsed... like I wanted to do the entire 1 month I went to him and went from 16mg(too much!) to less than 1mg in a month, while actually trying to get off oxy... and actually taking the sub.. then he got me down to way too low a dose, way too soon, thus causing me to run straight to the old plug, and pick up a shit load of oxy IR 30s and relapse! Then he kicked me out.. and tbh, I am SO glad he did.. I had no idea, at that time.. that there were really good sub docs out there, who actually care about the feelings/thoughts/wellbeing of their patients!

So.. Again, I will say... please, look into sub doctors before going to them... if you have multiple docs in your area! if not, I hope you have a good doctor! good luck OP, and really anyone reading this thread considering getting on sub... check the doctors out on google, see what kind of ratings they have.. my first doc, had an F rating.. lol.
Subs have worked wonders for my anxiety. I've been on them for three years now 8mg a day.

Wanted to add that it's not just methadone programs where ppl use heroin/opiates along with their meds. As a matter of fact where I live it is much more common for someone on suboxone/subutex prescribed by private drs to actually sell their scripts and use that $$ to buy heroin & other narcotics. Or if using subutex rather than suboxone they are able to get high fromantic other opiates being there is no blocker in Subutex. I think this is due more you the strict regulations that are placed on Methadone clinics that are not placed on suboxone/subutex. Methadone clinics are heavily regulated and really it is us the clients that pay for this & jump through hoops for treatment. On the other hand although there are of course regulations on suboxone/subutex they are nothing like that of Methadone. Our clinic offers the choice of suboxone and subutex but you get take homes from the start whereas with Methadone you have to come daily for 3+months before being allowed just 2 take home doses.
The blocker in suboxone that causes other full agonists not to work is actually buprenorphine. Naloxone is not absorbed sublingually and when it does cross the BBB through other routes the half life is extremely short. Given bupe has a higher affinity for the opioid receptors when other opiates are introduced into the body bupe competes with them essentially bouncing them off. This is why all forms of buprenorphine can have a blocking effect.

I don't really think it is laws so much as the doctor's discretion. At moderate, therraputic doses then it's probably not a problem. However mixing benzos and opioids at higher doses will cause respiratory depression. Many sub docs will test their patient's for the use of other drugs, including benzos like clonazepam.

Status
Not open for further replies.