• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom and opiate combination question

I will be trying the kratom tomorrow, at least that's the plan. Small amounts of hydro have fell into my lap the last several days so the tapering has been extended. But I will be out of opiates tomorrow. I am nervous though since I have to work tomorrow and am hoping the kratom doesn't affect me to horribly. Work and being taxi driver to all the kids means I can't really afford to be sick

Oh and the strand I have the most of is the maeng da, I do have some Bali too

I may suggest trying kratom tonight and using last hydro dose in the morning. That way you can try the K while you aren't at work just to ensure you handle it well. It can be pretty serotonergic in the first hour, similar to tramadol and definitely gave me some panic attacks in the beginning of use. Now I know it will pass so I don't panic or go stick my fingers down my throat...many times.

Bali is what I find best to match Rx opioids.
Are you a pain sufferer or rec user? Just thinking about ongoing management if you are in chronic pain.

Is this the first time you've kicked?

Whenever I'm facing a WD of kratom or Rx opioids I try to load up on benzodiazepines or gabapentinoids, and dxm is priceless. You can get it at the drug store, just ensure dxm is only ingredient. Google dxm for opioid withdrawl and read a bit of you're interested.

I also preemptively dose, I don't wait for WD to start. I wake up and take my maintenance meds and follow a schedule, I find it smoother this way.

how far down on the hydro have you come? Daily intake now? started at 50mg/day right?

I've jumped off 20mg hydro per day cold turkey and a gram of heroin a day cold turkey for that matter (almost a decade ago now...wow).
You'll be ok either way, you'll just feel like shit.

I must encourage you to stay on top of your health. stay hydrated and fed etc
especially if you start taking kratom and/or other detox meds. The ER is always there, don't hesitate to seek medical attention if needed. Better safe than sorry imo.

Last edited:
This is not my first time kicking and I've been using opiates recreationally for 2 years now. I actually found 2 15 mg morphine pills yesterday so I took those in the morning. Took about 3 grams of Kratom yesterday evening and was pleasantly suprised. Wouldn't say I got a buzz off it but it seemed to ward off withdrawal symptoms even through the morning. Though the 30 mg morphine may have helped that. Just took another 3 grams and will see how it goes. I do have to appear in court this afternoon, but have done so many times even during mild withdrawals that I'm not too nervous about that.

I have some dxm at home but forgot to bring some and only have an hour till court, I need to use the next hour to prep otherwise I'd run to Walgreens. Last time I kicked I found dxm and immodium to help greatly. I have xanax but part of the withdrawal symptoms I experience is extreme fatigue and I worry taking Xanax during the day will make me zombie like, which is not a good feeling when I need to be on my game in court.

I was up to 50mg a day, occasionally slightly more. Maybe 60mg once or twice. So I was at 50mg, got myself down to 20mg and after a couple days the morning sweats, fevery, runny nose symptom want away. Then had some 7.5 norcos fall into my lap last week and was taking 4 a day until Sunday when I only took 3. So I'd say I'm coming off of 30mg hydro.

The first time I went thru withdrawal I had been taking 20mg roxycodone daily for about 9 months and that was probably the worst experience ever, mostly because I didn't expect the withdrawal.

So as an update, today was great. No withdrawal symptoms (hope I'm not jinxing myself for tomorrow) and felt pretty good after court. Took another 3 grams when I got back to the office and swear it felt a bit like I had taken 10mg of hydro. Thinking of taking a Xanax before bed and interested to see how I sleep. Usually the first night without opaites I can't sleep and when I do I get crazy night sweats. The RLS usually kicks in by night 2 though