⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Assassin's Creed

Shale

Bluelighter
Assassin's Creed
Movie Blurb by Shale
December 26, 2016

I went to this movie in a very crowed Aventura Mall the day after Xmas, because the trailers showed a fantasy, action movie where, with modern technology an assassin is sent back in time to change history. It was after seeing the movie that I discovered it was based on a video game. OK, I've enjoyed other movies based on video games of which I knew nothing but this one didn't do it for me. I have to agree with the aggregate critics on Rotten Tomatoes that gave it only a 19% Fresh and whose consensus was, " Assassin's Creed is arguably better made (and certainly better cast) than most video game adaptations; unfortunately, the CGI-fueled end result is still a joylessly overplotted slog."

Not being familiar with the game, it was kind of hard to keep up with what was actually going on, but it is a time travel movie, where a modern day man, Callum Lynch (Michael Fassbender) is sent back to 1492 Spain to interfere with history during the Inquisition.

As seen in the trailers, Callum is executed for murder in modern times but secretly resurrected by the Abstergo Foundation headed by Sophia Rikkin (Marion Cotillard) and her father, the lead scientist Alan Rikkin (Jeremy Irons).

Sophia Meets Callum After His Execution
assasins-creed.jpg

It seems Callum has the DNA of a Templar Assassin, Aguilar de Nerha in the Inquisition.

Aguilar - Assassin in 1492
assassins-creed-movie.png

With the Animus, another technical wonder, Callum's consciousness can transport in time to Aguilar in order to change history.

Callum in Animus
ukuhkpymm4kok66hosa5.png

IDK what events have taken place in the video game, but don't want to give too much away about this movie and its objective. Needless to say there is a lot of action in 15th Century Spain and in modern time with the not to forthcoming ppl running the Animus Project.

This is a very short blurb but I suppose the fans of the game may enjoy the movie. They may be among the 66% or audiences that liked it.

Fans of the games HATED the movie from what I can tell lol. My gf's favorite game series is AC, and she absolutely loathed the film, told me not to see it even when it hits our dollar cinema. Game movies never turn out right for some reason. I'm kinda glad the Halo movie never came to fruition and we got District 9 instead.

it's neither great nor terrible. i'm a fan of the game, the movie seemed very rushed and the visuals were all rather dark. maybe the projector in the cinema was messed up, now that i think about it.

Rotten tomatoes destroyed this. Put me off from going to the cinema as a result. I thought the trailer for it looked impressive and I place my heart in it being done right like good casting with a very cool interesting topic and story to tell. Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case.

Games=shit films.
Should be a fact by now.
It's unfortunate but the long sorry run of awesome games being made turned into god awful films should be a lesson to all in the movie industry.