• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery My journey starts today (hydromorphone)

Anytime I slightly nod off my body is involuntarily flailing uncontrollably. Should I be worried? Ride it out? Or maybe consider a monitored detox? Be real with me guys..

I honestly can't tell you. Do you feel your in danger? Your body is deff going through some serious shit, that is something to keep in mind... You keeping fluids down? I really don't want to give bad advice here, but if I was in your situation I'd pull out all the stops just to get through the WORST of the dilly wd's and not worry about a scoop of kratom or a mg of clonazepam to help with the hardcore acute phase.. Given the time frame and short half life of dilly I'd imagine you'll "crest the wave" soon... I sure hope you do!! Big up man! Good luck!

I wonder if my brain injury is complicating things...I feel like I should be making more progress. These crazy kicks... Literally my whole body, arms and legs just fucking Zapp all over like shocks?

I suffered seizures for years after my injury, but nothing in years.

Anybody awake? Feeling rough and just wanna talk...

Jackal, are you suggesting I drop the kratom and benzo and tough it out the rest? I feel like I can, but at this point of exhaustion I just dunno if I can handle any worse.. I'm able to keep Fluids down, even had some beef barley are yesterday.

I will do whatever you guys think I should, in getting a little desperate.

I'll be up here for awhile. I'm watching band of brothers and being an insomniac.... its about 4 am here(southern, Ohio).. Doing a slight kick and Haven't been sleeping much at all myself (nothing in your ballpark, you should go buy a wheelbarrow, it'd prob help you cart around that huge set of steel balls you got, maybe be a lil easier on your back too, lol). Is this flailing uncontrollable or conscious RLS type "I have to fucking move, this shits in my joints and I can't sit still" movement? Do these symptoms feel similar to the ones you would get when you got seizures I guess would be a good question? If you feel your in danger I would seek help, that's really all I can tell you brother.

Jackal, are you suggesting I drop the kratom and benzo and tough it out the rest? I feel like I can, but at this point of exhaustion I just dunno if I can handle any worse.. I'm able to keep Fluids down, even had some beef barley are yesterday.

I will do whatever you guys think I should, in getting a little desperate.

No, no, no.... Firstly.. I am no medical professional, this is simply my opinion... I'd like to stress that.. I meant use it to get through the worst of the worst... The acute phase... A kick of your magnitude I would not stress over a scoop of kratom or a k-pin.... Obviously not to get intoxicated, but they're called "comfort meds" for a reason... Be sure to cut them out ASAP though... That's personally what I would do... Honestly the best thing I ever found during w/d was a hot bath.... but the ones I've been through are nothing compared to the one you got going on.. Just an idea.

I gotcha, thanks for offering your opinion brother.

It doesn't feel seizure like nor rls like. It's like shocks that cause my body to flip out of control constantly. But only if I'm starting to doze. It's kicking my ass..

I'm in the same time zone... Southern Ontario Canada here....eh

I think I know what you mean... almost like a tease... You almost get asleep and your w/d and bodys like "GOTCHA BITCH, NOT HAPPENIN!". It can be maddening... I love Canadians!!! Candian women are the most beautiful I've ever met... Both physically and mentally... I always fall immediately in love with Canadian women, which for me is a total rarity to immediately fall in love**.. Lol. Heard you guys got good strip clubs up there? Always heard stories about "the sundowner"...

That's exactly it dude! It's killing me!

If I wasn't on this website for my current situation I would share a photo of my family With you. My wife is a model, I have been on some cool photo shoots over the years.. So I agree, Canadian woman are beautiful. And fort there most part very sweet.

I've never been outside Canada, as I was a trouble maker in my younger days which stops me from crossing Any borders. But I find every foreign person interesting... Including you bunch of yanks! Lol.. Can I say that?

Strippers are the devil..... I was literally stalked by a pair of them. Almost destroyed my life... No joke... Might get into that later. But yes, we've got some decent clubs.

Hot baths man... I would no shit jump in and out of a hot bath 3-4 times at the peak... I found that a hot bath would give me about a 10-15 minute time frame of calm limbs and internalized body temp and if I didn't catch sleep in that short amount of time it was back out to the living room to shake, or back into the bath. Dunno if that'll work in your case, but that's what I had to do/did.

Luckkkyyyyyy... Yeah I feel you on the photo thing... scares me too.

Foreign people are awesome man... Least in my experiences... You can deff say that, America is like it's own little world... and yanks are deff crazy, you should try driving over here. lol. But no, It's not like the wild west and we don't go around having random shootouts because were Mericans' (spent some time in Australia and no bullshit every ozzie thought we all carried guns and engaged in random shootouts, like trailor park boys style... it was funny)

That's exactly it dude! It's killing me!

If I wasn't on this website for my current situation I would share a photo of my family With you. My wife is a model, I have been on some cool photo shoots over the years.. So I agree, Canadian woman are beautiful. And fort there most part very sweet.

I've never been outside Canada, as I was a trouble maker in my younger days which stops me from crossing Any borders. But I find every foreign person interesting... Including you bunch of yanks! Lol.. Can I say that?

I'd like an answer on that one too haha. I actually got told of in my job for saying yanks. I thought I was being cute not offensive.

Six, I'm from Australia. I'll try and keep my eye on your thread as much as I can. Our times are reversed so I'm probably at work while you're going through the worst of your insomnia sadly. Hope you get some rest mate.

Hey Six!

You still up and flailing about? If so, hang in there.

What day day are you on? You did jump from a monster dose if I have ever heard of one.

- VE

Thank you guys for checking in and shooting the shit with me! Sun will be up in a few minutes..I can already feel the anxiety. Time for lorazepam and a lady down.

I just wrote it a huge story to share but am still to fucked up over it to bother right now. Chat soon friend's.... 18 hours away from day 9.

VE of course I am!

Day 9 is approaching..... And yes, from what I read, the conversion from hydromorphone to oxy is about 7.5mg hydro equals 30mg oxy. I jumped at around 90mg. Probably why this is such a long difficult process.

No sleep.... Feeling so defeated! I may continue with kratom a few more days. It's helping.

Who else has a successful journal that I might read? I need to kill time and try to stay positive.

Hey buddy, hang in there. You are an inspiration. Remember, you never have to go through day 1 - 8 ever again. Focus on day 9 and be the best you possibly can.
I will tell you I am trying to kick Kratom after a nasty 7 month habit and it is not that bad. Some mild withdrawal on day one and two but that was it. The worst is definitely behind you

Remember, one day at a time

Sixxam, just checking in on you sweet, you're doing brilliantly.. i think you're amazing, i bet your wife is proud of you. You said she is a model, how lovely for her, i used to be a model when i was in my late teens, i am 40 now so things aren't like that no more, though my partner still fancies me so thats all good there..we have great chemistry still, we've been together ten years so somethings working haha..

Like i said don't feel giulty for having a few benzo's as it won't hurt and they will help you out a treat, you say you're having like body zaps and iv had them too.. they are quite scary aren't they, maybe try and get hold of some lyrica for them as if i'm right, they should work for you there..and with the benzo's they should help out with a bit of sleep.. you're on day nine now so things should get easier, let us know how you're feeling today, hopefully while i am writing this you should be asleep, hope so anyway, let us know..........

2017, thanks for your feedback, I certainly don't wanna trade addictions.. All though kratom is like baby aspirin compared to the latter I suppose. If I need to take it for a while I just may.

Zaramorph, my wife is my rock. She had been up with new almost the entire time, helping me through. She's currently having a nap. Much deserved! I still have not slept.

My anxiety is really high as I'm trying to cut back on benzos a little... Taking .25mg xanax twice a day instead of .5mg. And, I'm watching six 10 year olds on zero sleep..I just chewed xanax...... Hearts racing... But my poor wife needs an hour.

I have up on getting lyrica, but if this doesn't let up I'll call my doc tomorrow... I do notice just today that things are calming. I feel so whacked out.... Is this life?? No.....I know it's acute recovery but man it's scary.

I have the thank the amazing VE for sending me some positive journals to read ? I truly hope I can stick around and one day help someone like you guys are helping me.