Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4HO-DPT - Experienced - 95mg oral

Sir Ron Pib

Bluelighter
4HO-DPT - 95mg oral

Just a slight jump in dosage hits me somewhat harder; things clearly look different but with that rather washed out simple DPT range of colour; slightly gone sort of feeling rising to the point of nausea, I decide to dig around in my throat and see if being sick is actually an option; it isn’t but equilibrium is restored and settle for a stiff cup of Assam.

It’s fairly strong I can feel it creep over; I feel a bit of a stoned heap and not sure where to focus and it sort of fall in an internality where I am washed over and in an echoing chamber of lights and movement. I go and lay down; there’s a jumble of things but now there are tentacles and tendrils and I am suddenly seeing through many bird like eyes in an alien network; a nexus of us. This split perspective wasn’t strong but indicates this drug could have real scope.

The drama seems more internal but at some point I look out into a room of ardent colour (now less subdue) and flux. Everything seems very tranquil with no threat and it is elegant.
Later vivid LED green beams and serval thrusts of movement into light coloured levels; not quite ‘God’ but a happy elevated energy state. Later a machine – an engine of self-aware workers and bright lights. At a couple of points I was heard laughing to myself.

After perhaps two hours I feel I am past a peak. I am energised and pretty functional with dynamic senses. We pop out to the local shop in all it’s garish glowing supermarket glory and I am in a playful mood. Duration; it totally petered out by something towards 8hrs, fairly in line with my responses to psilocin.

This shows definite potential, could be pushed further and doubtless become more transcendent and complex; it was certainly showing signs of this. The expected dosage range of around 100 or so for something really worthwhile seems correct; doses below whilst rather noticeable (even 25mg oral) are likely to be lacking.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_4hodpt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the report on this, I love to know as much as I can about these less explored molecules. :) What you've written sounds not too far off of my experience with 100 mg orally, so I'm glad to hear that my reaction was fairly normal. I agree that there is definitely some potential there, but it does take quite a push to get there at least with this method of administration. Before trying something else though, I think I'm going to go for 125 mg orally next time, as my last attempt that way. I bet that could really push it over the edge....

Interesting that you describe the washed out range of color too.... I also get this with 4-HO-DPT, and though I haven't tried DPT, also with 4-HO-DiPT, DiPT, 4-AcO-DALT, and DALT. It's something I find simultaneously fascinating and a little disappointing about these tryptamines whenever I take them. It's definitely very unique though regardless but also very much in line with what I've noticed with structure-activity relationships with other sort of tryptamine tail extensions, and it makes me wonder what a sufficiently high dose of something like 4-HO-DBT would be like....

Anyway, thanks again!

I go and lay down; there’s a jumble of things but now there are tentacles and tendrils and I am suddenly seeing through many bird like eyes in an alien network; a nexus of us.
- That sounds pretty awesome! Thank you for sharing! :)

Thanks for the report on this, I love to know as much as I can about these less explored molecules. :) What you've written sounds not too far off of my experience with 100 mg orally, so I'm glad to hear that my reaction was fairly normal. I agree that there is definitely some potential there, but it does take quite a push to get there at least with this method of administration. Before trying something else though, I think I'm going to go for 125 mg orally next time, as my last attempt that way. I bet that could really push it over the edge....

Interesting that you describe the washed out range of color too.... I also get this with 4-HO-DPT, and though I haven't tried DPT, also with 4-HO-DiPT, DiPT, 4-AcO-DALT, and DALT. It's something I find simultaneously fascinating and a little disappointing about these tryptamines whenever I take them. It's definitely very unique though regardless but also very much in line with what I've noticed with structure-activity relationships with other sort of tryptamine tail extensions, and it makes me wonder what a sufficiently high dose of something like 4-HO-DBT would be like....

Anyway, thanks again!

Yes I would agree with everything you say; also say some the 5MeOs I have tried are less colourful too; not necessarily all the same or a totally homogenous group but these and the others you mention are distinctly at the lower end of colourful. As I say it picked up at the peak. I definitely think beyond this point dose wise it will hot up pretty quickly. It's isn't the wildest report but I posted it since I am slightly non plussed how slow the take up is on some of these new compounds; things like this and 4HO-EPT (which you reported on thank you) and the like sound like they should be total winners and people would scrambling over broken glass to try then yet there's hardly anything...I really don't get it

Hmm, that is interesting to know. I've only tried two 5-MeO tryptamines so far, and one of them, 5-MeO-DALT, I haven't dosed high enough on to get visuals yet. The other, 5-MeO-MiPT, was, shockingly to me, one of the most visual trips I've ever experienced, with a full rainbow spectrum of colors present. Some of the visuals were of a noticeably more simplistic design than I'm used to with many other tryptamines, but they were still very extreme versions of those otherwise simplistic effects, like on surfaces for instance I was getting more smudging around than any real patterning or anything, but the smudging was still very intensely colored and in every area in my field of vision at once. I actually got the next one I'm going to try, 5-MeO-EiPT, partially because the visuals on 5-MeO-MiPT were so great that I couldn't pass up an opportunity to try the next closest thing. Have you used 5-MeO-EiPT before?

But yeah, I'm sure it will get even more detailed with a larger dose. I got a peek of that the first time I smoked 4-AcO-DALT too, as just for a moment there were suddenly strong neon carnival-like geometries spinning all around me, though even then these visuals were very dimly lit. But it's not so bad anyway, it just gives those psychedelics a unique feeling, which can be a really enjoyable thing on its own. DiPT for example is the only psychedelic so far that has given me visuals with silver as a dominant color, which was really cool and interesting to see. I can't wait to explore further with that one either, I definitely intend to push it to as visual a dose as I can reasonably get.

And I'm totally with you there, I'm shocked over the lack of reports coming out about these tryptamines right now. I figured people would be dying to try at least some of them.... No problem about the 4-HO-EPT reports either, I'm happy to contribute. I'm glad to see that at least a couple other people have reported positive experiences with it so far too, so hopefully it'll pick up more soon. I would've taken 100 mg orally by now if I hadn't been very preoccupied over the last couple months dealing with issues that have caused me to not even have my own home to trip in.... That's put me on a major hiatus, but I'll be getting back to things soon. I'm not sure if I'll do that trip right away though, I might give 4-HO-McPT some more love first since it's gotten so little so far. MPT too.... Hehe, I've got plenty of beautiful molecules to go through and eventually write about still, even if no one else wants to. <3

Not tired 5MeO-EiPT. 5MeO-DALT done about 50-60mg oral; much more potent smoked but preferred it oral but not super visual. Didn't get very far with 5MeO-MiPT but 5MeO-MALT looked for visual. 4AcO-DALT was great stuff - it's possible some of the 5's get more colourful the deeper you go