• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sober Living is looking for new recruits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain.Heroin

Bluelight Crew
Sober Living (SL) seeks a dedicated, enthusiastic person to join the team and help moderate the forum.

In your application it would be handy to note the following:

* Your location
* The amount of time you spend on Bluelight each day
* Any particular interests you have being a moderator in Sober Living and what you feel you could bring to the forum as a moderator
* Any experiences or skills you have that would be of benefit to the forum
* Ideas for improvements and/or activities or threads to add to our forum
* Why you are interested in Sober Living
* Any additional information you would like to include

Some of the necessary tasks expected of a moderator:

* to be an active contributor to the forum, to build forum content, add discussion, and to provide level headed advice in a place of non-judgment
* check all forum threads for violations of BLUA and forum guidelines and enforce our rules
* respond to reports on threads in Sober Living
* edit, merge, move threads to appropriate forums, modify posts as required
* other general forum responsibilities

Please PM your application to the moderators of Sober Living:

Captain.Heroin, herbavore, neversickanymore, Priesttheycalledhim, Toothpastedog, Moreaux, And Vaya.

Since the Recovery Forums deal with members who are in need of support in the area of mental health and addiction, it's important that moderators are able to check their designated forum on a daily basis, reply to threads, reported posts, and perform other basic moderator duties. How committed can you be to the forums? By achieving the goal of consistent moderator activity and participation, we can ensure that our members needs are met, and continue making Bluelight the community we love.

Thanks in advance to all who apply!

Please submit your applications by January 31st, 2017.

We value the input of all members and moderators in different stages of use and recovery. Posting history and support offered to others will also be considered in the selection process. If you feel like you'd be a good addition to the team, by all means please apply!

Feel free to ask any questions!

Last edited:
tmp_6191-bur22-1497653479.jpg

What a great application. Such an outstanding resume. She is the best possible candidate. Lets give it to he...

WAIT!

What about the snowflakes!!!!!

We can't take applications without SNOWFLAKES!!!!!!!!!

Its very rewarding forum to moderate. If my life wasn't in shambles I would apply in a hot second

Its very rewarding forum to moderate. If my life wasn't in shambles I would apply in a hot second

You can still apply. :)

We understand if you choose not to; the choice is yours. But you are certainly welcome to do so. <3

Come on folks, a lot of you would make a super edition to the team - keep em' rolling in! Plus the current pool needs some more healthy compition ;)

This looked like it needed a bit of a bump. Also, I was wondering if someone could articulate the kind of time commitment being a mod takes? I'm sure you guys work way harder than we know or see.

I appreciate our moderators. It feels like TPD and CH have been carrying the place for awhile now with herby, Moreaux and manboychef all being gone. Thank you for all that you do, guys. It's much appreciated.

Herby's on vacation, and NSA does his work incognito ;)

We have lost Moreaux to better things IRL (which is actually a good think AFAIC) and I think MBC is still dealing with his condition IRL.

But yes, we are very much looking forward to some fresh new/old mod meat come February :)

Keep those applications coming in folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
This looked like it needed a bit of a bump. Also, I was wondering if someone could articulate the kind of time commitment being a mod takes? I'm sure you guys work way harder than we know or see.

I appreciate our moderators. It feels like TPD and CH have been carrying the place for awhile now with herby, Moreaux and manboychef all being gone. Thank you for all that you do, guys. It's much appreciated.

30 minutes a day is what I would say time wise. You post a lot anyway so it really wouldn't be any different time wise for you. This forum is easy to mod from a BLUA perspective. Its hard from a I want people to succeed perspective if that makes sense.

Yeah, time wise it varies, but the necessary work only requires at most an hour a day, at the most. You could easily get away with 30 minutes as cj points out. The basics are just skimming threads to ensure there isn't anything that needs moderating in terms of stuff that violates the BLUA, moving posts when necessary, merging posts/threads when necessary, dealing with questions from BLer via pm, etc (you get a handout when you become a mod that covers all this).

When I started I probably only had to actually see to like 15 minutes of work each day. There was very little to do frankly. Things seem to have picked up a bit since a year ago, but it seems essentially the same. I definitely make much more work for myself than necessary, but I'm fairly invested in seeing this corner of BL thrive. And it is a nice distraction some of the time :)

Active regular participation is what is expected.

Like anything you get back what you put in.. So moderators who are into what they are doing on a passionate level and also want to add to your forum are the best and generate their best exspierince.

Once a person becomes a moderator on BL then we are given a very high level of control over the forums we moderate.

Things like discapline are dictaded.by the blua, but more important aspects are left to moderation and membership to create and develope

Status
Not open for further replies.