• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Axl Blaze RIP: Tribute To The James Dean of Bluelight

Havent been on in forever. but being away doesnt mean I didnt hear about it. Never good news to Hear this. My condolences to everyone affected :(

[font="garamond,georgia,cambria,serif,times new roman"](Social → Shrine)

It's with a heavy heart I'm adding another very longstanding and beloved member of our community to the Shrine.
He was an outsize and larger-than-life member of our community; he truly lived the life, and it took it’s course,
we have another Shrine member. He'll be remembered by all who knew him, even just through this medium.

This thread will remain open here in memorium and for members of the community to share.

R.I.P.
[/font]​

He was one of the people that made this place a community instead of just a web forum

Holy fucking shit. Axl was a permanent fixture here. I only really ever briefly chatted with him about music but knew him to be interesting and admirable.

Rest easy and my thoughts to the family :( <3

Hard to believe this is for real... R.I.P. Jim... Another BL legend has passed away... This has been happening too damn often as of late. :(

I'm having technical difficulties. My posts don't submit, for some reason. I've made several attempts to post my condolences in the past week. They disappear rather than post.

Jeez, Jimbo's death is beyond SURREAL. How can this be?

I didn't truly know him, but he helped me whenever I asked. He was quick to respond to questions as I trialed MMJ. He was kind to me when a mutual friend disappeared for days. He found him for me and let me know he was still alive. I will be forever grateful for that gesture of humanity. He was a good soul.

He was quick-witted, funny, with quite the swagger. I LIKED THAT.

We buried my 24 year old great nephew on Wednesday of this week. His father found his lifeless body thrown from his truck. A week earlier I attended the funeral of an old and dear friend who died much too soon. He suffered with ALS. I have a brotha from another motha who is losing his long battle with prostate cancer.

Death seems to be looming. Somehow Jimbo's death has hit so hard. If there's a rock 'n roll heaven...

HEARTFELT SYMPATHY to Claire, along with his extended family and friends. He's gone too soon. He will be missed. I can't stop weeping. The irony of it all. Axl reassured me when I feared my friend's death. I was so relieved. Six weeks later, Axl is gone.

(((HUGS)))

Last edited:
Hard to believe this is for real... R.I.P. Jim... Another BL legend has passed away... This has been happening too damn often as of late. :(

Damn straight. I hope some of us learn from this absolutely avoidable death.

I PM'ed with him once .'Axl lived 2 hours away from me. I always wanted to meet him.

The James Dean title fits him perfectly. Guy was super cool. I'd like to think he is in a much better place now, but what a fucking waste.

I'm happy that Im numb enough to handle this before Christmas .

I hope whomever reads these posts, learns something about how this went down and get some hard core harm reduction lesions out of this.

why the hell does everybody keep dying? first this year MzFluffy turned up dead, then Jamshyd, and now Axl. who's putting out hits on oldschool bluelighters?

Holy hell, Jamshyd, too?

Horrible.

Those two shone bright against a backdrop of average trolls & wannabe posers.

RIP to two of the greatest.

my condolences to claire and those who knew Axl personally, mostly i knew him as the sort of person who didn't like to waste life and respected him for that.

I've sat at this open reply window a few times now, and just haven't had the right words. I never will.

Jim made this world a better place by the mere act of being himself. The fact that he was super cool never fully registered with him, and that's what was so great about his personality. If you said he had a "big head", you'd only be referring to his crainial circumference. This is just still so surreal to me. I haven't seen him in person in a couple of years and I'm having trouble processing it. He was someone I'd consider a really good friend, and I'll never get to see that friend again.

Claire...my heart goes out to you <3

Damn. I cannot BELIEVE that Axl is gone. He was such a huge part of this site and a great man, to boot. I love you, Axl, and I'll see you on the other side, my friend.
:(

Thinking about you on the daily brother. Whenever I'm stressing I think, what would Jim say or do and it makes me lol every time. The texts I have saved on my phone still make me geek bruv. I'm pulling for the Steelers to win the Super Bowl this year...never thought I would say that, but after my bungle flop, what do I have to lose? It's going to take a while to sink in. Hell, maybe it never will. You being gone, not the Bengals fail, which I have grown accustomed to over the last 26 years ;)

I was eating Cane's last night thinking about our long winded arguments over who had the best fast food fried chicken (Popeyes nigga). Missing you man. It isn't getting any easier, and I can only imagine how it must feel for those closest to you. I don't come in here often, but I will from time to time if only to give you shit and tell you how aussome you were.

Nawmsaiyan?

Last edited:
I'm cheering the Steelers too in his memory. Was wilding out when they beat the Ravens on Christmas (great game) and just thinking how he'd be excited and talking/posting all about it and will be watching them pulling for him too. Brings a bit of a tear too...game actually was kind of emotional thinking about this.

I hope Claire is doing OK considering. I don't think we publicly heard from her recently and never knew her that well though I sent her a little something hopefully for as much help a it could've been

The more time goes on the less sense this makes. I already miss his presence on the board. I am going to be pulling for a Steelers super bowl this year for sure.

Last edited:
definitely gonna get two shots of the best bourbon in the house when I go to the bar to watch the steelers this weekend. one's getting poured out, the other one I'm taking in memory.