• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Axl Blaze RIP: Tribute To The James Dean of Bluelight

Jim loved this place so much. A lot o you had a large impact on him.

He was the silliest most confident most amazing handsome guy I've ever known. Him passing has destroyed me inside.

I'll let you guys know how this happened ONLY so you guys don't make the same fucking mistake he did.

As you guys know, Jim loved his dope. And me. And music. But I don't think you guys know that he had some irrational fear of getting medical attention. He used a spot to hit he should have quit using forever ago even when this shit was muscle deep. I pleaded w him told him he'd get an infection end up like his dad etc he never fucking listened.

Anyway this thing actually closed up but the damage was done. We thought he had the flu for a bit, he got better, went to work, etc. but then he got a cough. He got skinny as fuck and I was so worried. I told him he should see a doctor 10x s day but he kept saying I feel better I'm fine just have to sleep. Turns out he had a mrsa infection in his heart. That spread to his lungs. It was too late. It turned my strong man into a shell. It was the most devastating thing ever having the conversation w a doctor about whether I wanted to continue oxygen tube and revive him if his heart stopped or let him go peacefully. I knew he would've wanted the latter. They told me he wasn't going to get better. His lungs were destroyed. :'(

Jim wasn't afraid to die. But now I wish he were. He always thought he'd be fine. For years he always did this and let shit get out of control before taking action

BL don't make this mistake. PLEASE! If it can kill my baby it can kill anyone :(

This makes me so sad to read. I don't ever wanna believe he's gone. I know how much Jim loved you because he told me. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm sure you have no shortage of people near you who are there to help, but I'm also available to talk, share memories, give support, whatever you need. I live within an hour of you, so if you, his family, or anybody else needs anything from me, please reach out and I'd be happy to help in any way I can. You can PM me if you need my cell phone number. I genuinely mean it, too. Anything anyone needs, I'm here for you guys. <3

He took me in when I was carrying my clothes around in a trash bag, reading The Brothers Karamazov on his porch, having had to leave the bedbug-infested apartment I had previously been able to crash at. I was welcome absolutely nowhere, including my parents' home (for good reason), and axl's house was the last idea I had. He and his brother and everyone else there were extremely kind to me, letting me stay at their house when they were out of town in exchange for cleaning the place up a bit. I shudder to think what could've(would've) happened if I were forced to take up residence on the streets For Real, I definitely would not be in the spot I am in today. He was one of the kindest, and if you looked beneath the boisterous puppy-like demeanor SMARTEST dudes I ever had the pleasure of knowing. AND a great drummer to boot. His passing is a shock and an immeasurable loss to the world. I am sorry to and for all who knew him. Before his time, unfair. The world is cruel, and "Jim Possible" was not. I 'm sorry Claire, I never got to meet you but i'm sure you are great. He was such a great dude. He always used to hit on his legs, h iding due to his shame and I know how stubborn he could be. This is my second Ohio friend to die this year from dope or dope related things.

This is truly how he was to everyone all the time. That's awesome that he did that for you and awesome of you for sharing that. The first time I ever hung out with him, my car got towed while I was staying overnight. We found out the next morning and he took me to find my car. Found out the place only took cash, which I didn't have, and he gave me the money to get my car out of impound. That kind of generosity was routine from him. He just took care of people. Such a genuine dude.

Last edited:
It's fucked up. Reading through this thread finally now I can stand it without crying and I keep expecting to see Axl's avatar. Some smartarse reply to everything that's been said. Some reassurances to Claire.

It's hard when this shit happens and rocks our little community. I hate hearing about it, I know we all do because it was something that could have been avoided. What a beautiful waste, Jim. I hope you're jamming on a crazy kit wherever you are with reckless abandon and no thought for the neighbours.

I miss you. <3

Claire: I have no words. I just know you'll get through this. You have to. Jim would want you to keep on living your best life. We are all rooting for you babe, all thinking of you. I promise things will get easier with time.

i recently went through a MRSA blood infection, that i developed while my immune system was compromised from chemo. luckily mine got taken care of quickly, that shit was no joke, i can't imagine walking around like that for any amount of time. what a tough guy.

<3 axl

It is, for now, in Social (The Lounge), and will remain so as long as it is appropriate for it to do so, both in terms of people having decent and valid things to say, and people conducting themselves with a modicum of respect, with, of course, all due respect given to the trickster-type archetype of the decedent. This is the way these things have always been dealt with (particularly with the extra stop in the social forum for people who were regulars there) and will remain so; the only way that's going to change is if simple expectations of decorum aren't met. I don't think this should be news for anyone; and there's not going to be any more discussion of where this thread belongs here; it is where it belongs now, and eventually will make it's way to the Shrine, with all our other departed. :( <3

Last edited:
I'm really sad to hear this, been thinking about it for days on end. RIP Jim. <3

Claire, all my love to you. I'm glad your Dad's coming for you and that you're going home, can't believe how hard it must be for you to still be living in the shared apartment. I'm really sorry you're going through this, what a shitty thing for anyone to ever go through :( Please reach out if you ever need to talk. <3

as usual i thought this wasn't really real, scroll down... pages load. i say the same thing most of the time. shared maybe handful of brief interactions, and he was always real, never no bs.

o man i think i remember pics of him in like superman shirt with an ex that had kitty her name / avatar... and he was smiling. how you will be remembered =)

lets take care of ourselves RIP jim

^ I appreciate that this is well meant, so no criticism of you is meant; but, in general, all discussion of specific medical/drug abuse/harm reduction/etc. issues, etc. stops HERE and NOW; as I think Claire has, much to her credit and to much more than even might have been expected of her, has delivered the message safely and intact—to the point that no more questions really need be asked, or may be asked, within the bounds of decency. This thread is not going down that road; unlike some of our other recently departed, cause of death is publicly very clear, and even very inasmuch as it's related to what you might call lifestyle-factors, even, maybe, their mystique or psychological hold, but this isn't what this thread is for; this is a memoriam; going forward, please treat it as such; first and foremost this is a man and his life, not an object-lesson. (Those who I am criticizing, know who I am criticizing.)

was entirely just meant to be a testament to how tough of a guy axl was <3

Last edited:
Did Axl really not like Pink Floyd? What a god damn butt chugger.

indeed:

pink floyd fucking sucks.

led zeppelin all the way.
dude I fucking hate the Grateful Dead too

but not as much as I hate Pink fucking Floyd! seriously, man!! that band can go fuck themselves synched along to the Wizard of Oz, for all I care!!1
I dunno, man. I just can't seem to stand Pink Floyd - or Syd Barrett really - that is the front-woman of the band, roight m8??

at least Grateful Dead has a good song or two (that one song about riding on cocaine iirc)

I even hate Pink Floyd more than the mother fucking EAGLES, man!!
god damn I hate Pink Floyd more than any other band
if Captain is a 13 y/o girl... then god dammit, I am not a pedophile, anymore

I FUCKING HATE PINK FLOYD BTW
i-hate-pink-floyd-shirt_zps7789108e.jpg

dude, so many Pink Floyd fan boys cry when I wear that shirt

getting all bleeding heart liberal about it, and crying about it, like Droppersneque or Bardot - makes me fucking gag. why be such a Communistic pussy about someone not like your stupid favorite band, that you totally thought was groundbreaking ever since you were 15 and oh-so-counter-culture?!

like srsly - if someone says that some band I listen to sucks, or even if my band sucks, I just laugh at wot a jay ass homo jay they are, and troll them some more

Pink Floyd fucking sucks with their slow-ass music that draaaaags on forever. I wouldn't even listen to that horrible shit when I was trying to listen to music to go to bed to (and obvi PF is made for ppl to put on b4 sleep, as a sort of drug-laced "lullaby," for left-leaning Michael Moores like DN and Bardot

(btw - the dude in that pic is not me, but my best punk rawk bro whose name is "Murder." funniest dude alive, only local comedian that I have the wont to go see iirc)
Bob Dylan does in fact suck dicks, yet not as much as Pink Floyd.
god damn I FUCKING HATE PINK FLOYD

collected here just because i know he would want me to make sure there's no pink floyd songs in this thread delivered as tribute =p

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Omg... besides that making me laugh... I know Murder (the punk rawk bro he mentioned). It just caught me off guard cause I forgot they knew each other. I think Jim knew like... literally everyone in Ohio. <3

I met him once, and he had an aura about him that I imagine drew people to him.

He was an old soul.

This is the worst.

The worst.

Jim will always be one of my favorite people. I wish we got more time with him.

Be safe and be smart; if you don't feel right, see a fucking doctor.

^ Blasphemy!

OTW, that is just adorable. I can vouch, he really was a big deal in Ohio. Like... half my Facebook friends list are people I met through him. The first time I went down to hang out with him, he started telling me stories and I was like "wait a minute, I know those guys." We found out we already had a lot of similar friends (non-BLers), but that's to be expected since he knew literally everyone. :D

I have documentation of the first time we hung out right here. <--- it's a hyperlink, in case you didn't see that. :)

EDIT: Nevermind, that wasn't the first time we hung out! It was the second. Cause the first time we hung out, my car got towed. The second time we hung out, Jim's car got towed. LOLOL never a dull moment.

Last edited:
I just read this now as I don't normally post in the social forum, or read the shrine as it's very sad. :( Rest in peace. My condolences to Claire, his friends both here on bluelight and who don't go on here, and his family.

Last edited:
I've really had no idea what to post here these few days. I really liked axl and absolutely will never forget him.

All the best to everyone this effects especially those close to him in real life.

RIP mate