three-letter agencies versus bluelight

BEEF1121

Greenlighter
Apologize if this has already been answered. Just wondering what y'alls policy is when or if you're contacted by FBI, CIA, NSA, DEA, DHS etc. Concerning one of the members. Would y'all hand over any information at all? Including email.
Also, are the servers in the USA?
Would you recommend using sigint email for a VPN
Thank you for your time! I love the site and look forward to contributing

hello

as far as i know we have never been approached by law enforcement for information. if we were we would only provide information if compelled by a court order.

we're hosted in the netherlands.

alasdair

Well that's good at least. However, US has no authority to demand information from Netherland servers unless it's a genocidal terroristic threat. In other words a court order would never happen unless a Super serious threat is discovered. They have absolutely no right to request any information regarding anything because of the fact they need proof before approaching. The Netherlands believe it's a breach of Human Rights to extradite this would constitute a flagrant breach of suspects Fair trial rights under article 6 of the European convention on human rights.
I only ask because large corporations such as Microsoft Google and Apple are constantly being hounded by the government and it's at their discretion to give the information. So I assume by your answer y'all do not allow the information unless court-ordered which is rare because they need a lot of evidence to do so. Honestly I'm not too happy with your answer considering Netherlands does not extradite they have only extradited 2people in 4 years and that was only because we assumed they were a terroristic threat. Is Only way they can obtain that evidence is by you allowing or them hacking the servers and reading what's going on, which as you know is illegal. Back to one of my original questions what are your thoughts on VPN, VM, and secure email such as sigint email?
Thx again! With a background in IT security I have questions sorry

Honestly I'm not too happy with your answer...
it is what it is. i focused on answering your question not making you happy :)

Back to one of my original questions what are your thoughts on VPN, VM, and secure email such as sigint email?
i think you should take whatever steps you feel are necessary to ensure your own security and privacy.

alasdair

No net neutrality in the States.
Even if using a VPN protector/deepnet (which we can't here right?)
Sadly the States currently plan to INCREASE the amount of for profit prisons. Holding a quarter of the World's prisoners, for profit prisons writing legislation, recent exposure of prisons asking for more prisons....
Protective measures are wise.
Sad state of affairs. I didn't know this page was based out of the Netherlands. Lovely land indeed.

Even if using a VPN protector/deepnet (which we can't here right?)
you can happily use the site from behind a VPN but you can't register. so you need to decloak to register then you can go back behind your proxy.

alasdair