• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Just bought a marquis kit...

Achilles90

Greenlighter
Good evening. Everything I've done in the MDMA world has come from capsules with crushed crystals/powder in them. I've popped twice and dissolved in water once.

To test these with a Marquis kit, I have no choice but to break up the pill's capsule and segregate a small amount of the powder correct?

Then assuming I get the purple -> black that I want, slide the rest into a water bottle and down the hatch?

MDA on the other hand was an actual tablet which could be scraped off, so that one is easy.

Last question, assuming the pill is X% of MDMA or MDA, it will go purple->black... what happens if it's been cut with something? Like meth for example? Will the meth override the black or am I looking for multiple colors out of the sample?

Thank you!!!

Hi there,
You are correct that you cannot test the capsule including the gelatin. You need to remove a tiny portion of the pill and test that.
You can re-close the capsule or dissolve it in water but be aware that the dose will be absorbed extremely fast when it's in water and if you have a high dose this can increase risks and side effects - consider sipping the water over 15-30 minutes instead.

If the powder has been cut with something else you will see mixed colours as if you had mixed paint. Generally MDMA tends to be either MDMA or Not MDMA so this isn't too much of an issue but adulterants can be obscured if there is a lot of MDMA in there too, so you should always exercise caution even if you have tested. PMA for example will not show up with the marquis reagent at all.

OK! That totally makes sense man. Instead of trying to reconstruct a capsule and hope it doesn't break open in our pockets or something I think we will just dissolve it in water and sip it over 15 or 20 minutes in the car.

Referring to the different colors that might present themselves, is PMA the only real dangerous one that could potentially infiltrate that would not show a color differentiation?

Generally speaking I am not too worried if someone decides to cut it with Adderall or with caffeine. I just don't want a potentially dangerous drug mixed obviously.

PMA is the most likely dangerous adulterant but lots of things don't react with the marquis reagent so you still need to be careful.