View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need Mescaline Advice from people that have taken high doses

Pothead96

Greenlighter
So I bought 1.05g of Mescaline HCl a few months ago, took 10mg for an allergy test, 50mg for extra safety a few days later and recently 255mg for my first trip, so now I'm left with 735mg.
The 255mg experience was great, but it definitely could have been much stronger with me being able to handle it, so now I'm torn between two choices, either spread what I have left in two 367.5mg doses (either to take with my cousin or two times by myself) or take a 735mg dose by myself some day. (I guess I could also take 450mg and give my cousin 285 since he hasn't tried it before but I don't know if taking different doses together would be ideal).
I need advice from someone who has tried big doses, if I don't go past 367.5mg/450mg, am I missing out on a lot of what the Mescaline experience has to offer? What am I missing out on by not trying a high dose like 735mg? I don't think I'll be able to get any more mescaline for years, if ever. What would you do?.
Thanks a lot!

I'd take the smaller dose. Mescaline is not as in your face as a lot of other psychs, I wonder if you maybe looking for a more intense experience than it really offers. 700+mg is really quite a lot.

Last edited:
I'd take the smaller dose. Mescaline is not as in your face as a lot of other psychs, I wonder if you maybe looking for a more intense experience than it really offers. 700+mg is really quite about.

Thanks a lot for the advice, but I think I'm not quite understanding you, on the one hand you say I should go for the smaller dose but on the other you are saying that 700mg is where the experience doesn't have much more to offer, right? In that case, am I not missing out on something if I take 370/450mg instead of 700? I just don't want to look back and think I should have tried a really high dose to see what all the fuzz was about.

Sorry, that's a typo. I meant 700+ is quite a lot. Personally I feel 500mg is about as high as I'd ever go with mesc.

I don't think the ~700 mg dose is necessarily bad or tricky, but the jump you'd be making is pretty big. Mileage can really vary: some people do get pretty damn trippy / psychedelic trips at 300 mg or so but I didn't really get that at 450 mg. Strangely, like 300 mg, it wasn't trippy or psychedelic like most psychedelics are, but it was still profound and visionary. I couldn't tell you what OEVs of mesc would be really like, but I did get soulquest type visions (not even typical CEV like - more like ultra meaningful dreams, strong emotional components, radiant light), and also intense remembrance, OOBE and holotropic experience.
Very special but different from other psychedelics.

Also, it may matter whether you have cactus extract or synthetic. I believe synthetic mesc like I had may be quite a bit less psychedelic.

It really depends whether you can accept that - if you react like me - it's just not comparable to LSD or mushrooms. Taking the high dose would not be bad by definition but it would be a move I'd expect from someone in denial about this. With the lower doses you can really get something special from it, but of course if there is a psychedelic potential for you there... higher doses are likely to shove it in your face. If you get psychedelic effects anyway, 700 mg may be too much.

I couldn't tell you about the risks of 700+, so when I say it's not bad by definition I do not mean it's safe fine or smart.

I regret using my gram of mescaline HCl at a time of insane psychedelic tolerance. It was summer 2010 and I spent the entire summer trying in vein to get off suboxone...started using IM DMT every 2hr or so to get out of my body. Cracked open the vial of mescaline and found 300mg to hardly scratch the surface. A week or so later I tried 700mg which probably was a +++. I can say this....there is a serious cross tolerance between DMT and mescaline. Oh how I wished I had tried I ibogaine back then...and not in 2013. Not that I have real regrets...my personal story would be far less compelling and I am gonna make things work. Pharmacy school and the big bucks...here I come.

Last edited:
This is just my opinion but mescaline is more of a psychedelic empathogen than an empathogenic psychedelic, if that makes sense.

So I guess what I mean is similar to what Solipsis touched upon - you can get some VERY psychedelic effects from mescaline, but it isn't similar to mushrooms or acid IMO.

The most intense trip I had on mescaline came from a bridgesii extract, and it was wild and visionary, but never took me as far out of my head as acid or mushrooms at even a medium dose. I also do believe that the extracts are far more psychedelic than the synthetic - but also the synthetic is much less nauseating IME.

Yes, I definitely see what you mean. My one and only experience with Mescaline was very empathogenic but less psychedelic than even a small dose of LSD. Big difference with any other psychedelic I've tried.

For me 2C-T-7 does have that extra special something and extraordinary empathogenic insight, plus golden glowy effects all of which mesc also have for me, but it's also psychedelic like many other 2C's whereas mesc is more like a strange MDxx analogue for me in that department, maybe MMDA like or something - with potential 'brain movies'.

I've taken a gram once. My ROA was IM injection and it was really a bit too much. I ended up VERY confused and had amnesia to boot. My usual dose is 500-700 mg.
IMO you are in a sticky spot. If you do 500 you don't have enough left for a decent dose and if you take 700 it might be a little much.
You can either err to the side of exploration and do the 700(recommended) or split the 700 into two small doses(nah), but whatever you do, don't end up holding 200 because it won't do you much good, IMO.

Yes 500 to 700 mg is a sweet spot.. that is where you may want to visit for a complete experience. 2c-t-7 always a favourite yet it is quite different then mescaline HCl imo. Mescaline last much longer

I don't think the ~700 mg dose is necessarily bad or tricky, but the jump you'd be making is pretty big. Mileage can really vary: some people do get pretty damn trippy / psychedelic trips at 300 mg or so but I didn't really get that at 450 mg. Strangely, like 300 mg, it wasn't trippy or psychedelic like most psychedelics are, but it was still profound and visionary. I couldn't tell you what OEVs of mesc would be really like, but I did get soulquest type visions (not even typical CEV like - more like ultra meaningful dreams, strong emotional components, radiant light), and also intense remembrance, OOBE and holotropic experience.
Very special but different from other psychedelics.

Also, it may matter whether you have cactus extract or synthetic. I believe synthetic mesc like I had may be quite a bit less psychedelic.

It really depends whether you can accept that - if you react like me - it's just not comparable to LSD or mushrooms. Taking the high dose would not be bad by definition but it would be a move I'd expect from someone in denial about this. With the lower doses you can really get something special from it, but of course if there is a psychedelic potential for you there... higher doses are likely to shove it in your face. If you get psychedelic effects anyway, 700 mg may be too much.

I couldn't tell you about the risks of 700+, so when I say it's not bad by definition I do not mean it's safe fine or smart.
Synthetic mescaline, sounds very interesting. If I were going to take any drugs again I would take either Psilocybin mushrooms or mescaline.

Have you ever used the Mexican dream herb at all?

Calea? Yes, it influenced my dreams if I remember correctly, but I would probably just practice MILD lucid dreaming techniques or try galantamine instead. Sober I've had the most incredible lucid dreams involving total control: flying and morphing things, I haven't come up with a great many ideas on what else to do in such a state next time, improvising works well. Interestingly the dreams tend to "fight back" that conscious influence/control, by continuing to introduce new things that I am not controlling, and even sending 'agents' after me which has happened most times, rather consistently - very Matrix like. But even much more unfair since I could even morph the agents. But then more come back which is just annoying after a while.
Which also reminds me of DMT elves which are not impossible to control or influence in similar ways, which really seems to support my theories about them being mental projections of 'subroutines' and not independently existing creatures from other worlds that would defy Occam's razor ridiculously.

I don't practice lucid dreaming because I can't really afford to lose sleep over it. Enthousiastic lucid dreaming tends to eventually wake me up, and I have this feeling that disturbing your dream/sleep architecture isn't that good for your sleep quality...

(Synthetic) mescaline is quite something and one of the magical transformative ones, but I just might choose extract instead to get a richer and psychedelic trip even if it gives more nausea. Tried cactus once but it hardly worked.

Last edited:
I agree that 500-700 is the sweet spot. Between 250 to 350, I didn't notice much of a difference, still beautiful though. I enjoy any dose :)

The most intense trip I had on mescaline came from a bridgesii extract, and it was wild and visionary, but never took me as far out of my head as acid or mushrooms at even a medium dose.

This is a great example of how mesc compares to the other traditional psychs. It's been quite "forgiving" for me at higher doses when I've underestimated how strong a bridgesii trip will turn out to be.

Calea? Yes, it influenced my dreams if I remember correctly, but I would probably just practice MILD lucid dreaming techniques or try galantamine instead. Sober I've had the most incredible lucid dreams involving total control: flying and morphing things, I haven't come up with a great many ideas on what else to do in such a state next time, improvising works well. Interestingly the dreams tend to "fight back" that conscious influence/control, by continuing to introduce new things that I am not controlling, and even sending 'agents' after me which has happened most times, rather consistently - very Matrix like. But even much more unfair since I could even morph the agents. But then more come back which is just annoying after a while.
Which also reminds me of DMT elves which are not impossible to control or influence in similar ways, which really seems to support my theories about them being mental projections of 'subroutines' and not independently existing creatures from other worlds that would defy Occam's razor ridiculously.

I don't practice lucid dreaming because I can't really afford to lose sleep over it. Enthousiastic lucid dreaming tends to eventually wake me up, and I have this feeling that disturbing your dream/sleep architecture isn't that good for your sleep quality...

(Synthetic) mescaline is quite something and one of the magical transformative ones, but I just might choose extract instead to get a richer and psychedelic trip even if it gives more nausea. Tried cactus once but it hardly worked.

Thank you for the reply. I have done lucid dreaming techniques for over a decade.

I have never used Calea Zacatechichi. However, oddly enough I have had more vivid dreams on yerba mate. Guayusa made me stimulated but I did not get more vivid dreams, or lucid dreams from it.

Last edited:
Wow that actually sounds pretty epic .. *mouth waters*.. i don't indulge or train because at one point I decided I can't afford to lose any sleep over it whatsoever. Maybe that's unfair and I'd better keep an eye on other things keeping me from my bed instead.