View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will I be able to take psychedelics

S

Sztryp

I've been diagnosed schizophrenic for 4 years now. Is there anyway I'll be able to take a psychedelic like lsd or psilocybin in my future. It sucks because psycedelics and organic chemistry was what I planned to do in life for a very long time

The only sensible advice to give you here is that it would not be safe to take psychedelics as a schizophrenic. However, I think you should ask a real psychiatrist, hopefully one who is cool and will give you serious, studied answer.

Organic chemistry on the other hand... go for it! Follow your dreams and passion!

Yes, I'm really sorry for you, but I agree with perpetualdawn. If you take psychedelics again there will always been a huge risk for you to relapse into schizophrenia.

I know it really sucks, but there's lots of other interesting and fantastic things you can dedicate your life.

I suggest you have a look at Stanislav Grof's book, LSD Psychotherapy. I have it in PDF and can email it to you if you like.

Last edited:
I suggest you have a look at Stanislav Grof's book, LSD Psychotherapy. I have it in PDF and can email it to you if you like.

Are you advicing a schizophrenic to read Stanislav Grof and do LSD Psychotherapy on himself?

There are movements to look at using various psychotropic drugs to treat mental health problems, MDMA for PTSD and LSD for addiction. I am not aware of any being used to treat schizophrenia or indeed safe with it. IT is a difficult call and only you will know the pain of a relapse - I would seriously doubt if it would be worth it but that it just my opinion.

IF you do decide to go down this route - research carefully - follow the holy trinity of tripping - Drug set and setting - know the drug, be in a safe place and be in a very strong and safe place mentally. Only when those three work together will you get a good trip. Have a trip sitter someone you can trust even when things don't seem right you have to be able to put full and and I mean full faith in them and do as they request.

On a final note - mental health is so very precious and from some one who has tripped numerous times on numerous substances and had some great experiences - if I thought for one minute I could loose my mental health over it I wouldn't go near it. Your health is your wealth, and having known several people over the years who suffered terribly with schizophrenia there is no way I'd think a trip would be worth the risk of relapsing into that suffering.

What ever you do stay safe.