Steroids to Counter Testosterone Drain from Opiates

lman_15

Bluelighter
I'm an opiate addict, was clean for 3 years, relapsed, anyways I'm on a maintenance program for the time being. During my recovery the first time before my relapse got really into the gym, had a great time, thought it was very condusive to my recovery. I maintained working out 5 days a week while using opiates. However, I've noticed that my pump isn't half as good and I'm just not as motivated, I know the real solution is quitting which I plan on tapering once I get stabilized but for the time being I was considering using steroids to counter the draining effect opiates have on your testosterone. I wanted some feedback/advice, if this is a good idea/will work and if so are there any oral steroids that will do the job?

If you really must use steroids then dont use orals to increase your Test levels! Use a TRT dose like 125mg of Test Enth' or Cyp' a week. Opiates, Benzos, SSRI's etc all have a big negative impact on Testosterone.

If you really must use steroids then dont use orals to increase your Test levels! Use a TRT dose like 125mg of Test Enth' or Cyp' a week. Opiates, Benzos, SSRI's etc all have a big negative impact on Testosterone.

I was thinking 5mg dbol pre workout (PM) might be enough for motivation, but might not impact HPTA.. Ideally you should seriously consider coming off the opiates, but if a minimal dose of testosterone helps you do this, then it's the lesser of two evils, so to speak..

If you are committed to your fitness goals then you must get off the opiates completely. Else its like trying to walk in shoes that have the shoelaces tied together. You wont get far.

I think its a good idea to commit to bodybuilding as an incentive to get off the opiates. But if you do so then do so whole heartedly. Else you will just add an AAS addiction to what you already have. Your gonna end up dead if you mix the 2

I appreciate the feedback and I do think I should use my fitness goals as a means to getting off the opiates completely. In the mean time tho, I hear over and over again oral steroids are pointless, smash otherwise it's useless. Is there anyway to use oral steroids and get a boost in your testosterone level? What about mixing it in combination with a transdermal, I have access to Testim 1% (Testosterone gel) "Each box contains 30 unit-doseTubes. Each tube of 5g contains 50 mg of testosterone. Clear gel provides transdermal delivery of testosterone through the skin of the shoulders and and upper arms. Apply once daily." Not sure if that's any good, but if I were to use that in combination with an oral would I get any results or naw?

Wait I don't understand what's the problem with oral based steroids? We're talking about steroid pills correct ? I'm not super educated at all about roids but this post is exactly what I was about to ask myself , I'm also addicted to opiates I'm a functioning addict go to college work etc but I'm weak when I lift I don't feel motivated like OP said . I found a way to get D ball I think it's called pills would that be effective? What are the negative effects and dangers as well as the positives ? Don't mean to hijack your thread I'm in almost identical situation

I appreciate the feedback and I do think I should use my fitness goals as a means to getting off the opiates completely. In the mean time tho, I hear over and over again oral steroids are pointless, smash otherwise it's useless. Is there anyway to use oral steroids and get a boost in your testosterone level? What about mixing it in combination with a transdermal, I have access to Testim 1% (Testosterone gel) "Each box contains 30 unit-doseTubes. Each tube of 5g contains 50 mg of testosterone. Clear gel provides transdermal delivery of testosterone through the skin of the shoulders and and upper arms. Apply once daily." Not sure if that's any good, but if I were to use that in combination with an oral would I get any results or naw?

As previously explained, low dose dbol could be used pre-workout as a motivational/hypertrophic boost, it will increase blood testosterone levels via exogenous means...
By using a single low dose PM, HPTA might not be compromised too much, if at all.. You don't want to elevate blood testosterone levels continuously with creams, or injectables, as this method will further impact HPTA, which is already depressed due to opiate use..
Any steroid preparation will not however boost natural testosterone, this may only happen upon cessation of opiates...

Wait I don't understand what's the problem with oral based steroids? We're talking about steroid pills correct ? I'm not super educated at all about roids but this post is exactly what I was about to ask myself , I'm also addicted to opiates I'm a functioning addict go to college work etc but I'm weak when I lift I don't feel motivated like OP said . I found a way to get D ball I think it's called pills would that be effective? What are the negative effects and dangers as well as the positives ? Don't mean to hijack your thread I'm in almost identical situation

Eh brother, glad I'm not the only one in this position, if you happen to get any info regarding effective treatments let me know, like I'm pretty sure doctors give opiate addicts, testosterone replacement therapy and I'm pretty sure its via pills and transdermals so what do they prscribe?

So my question is overall is there any oral or oral and transdermal cycle you could do as an opiate addiction, to increase testosterone and hopefully increase libbido as well

On top of GF's suggestion above, you may find a SERM like Clomid effective in raising natural test levels while on opiates.

My MMT doctor put me on Androgel (A test gel for HRT) because he sent me for lab work and I was found to be on the low end of testosterone levels for people my age due to the Methadone. Anyways, it made a huge difference in my life and activity levels.

On top of GF's suggestion above, you may find a SERM like Clomid effective in raising natural test levels while on opiates.

along with all its nasty side effects too....clomid can be a nasty drug

And thus we have the principle of the lesser of two evils. Hypogonadism is the more challenging issue, clearly...

A SERM or SARM will do nothing to combat Supressed LH and FSH from Rec drugs. Your only choice now is to raise exogenous test until/if you can commit to ceasing all other rec drugs. I recommend Test cypionate or enanthate ~ 80-150 mgs/weekly. 200-250 mgs /weekly if you want added muscle and strength benefits.
Once you have discontinued your psychotropic drugs, you can attempt to kick start your natty test by increasing endogenous test via HCG (2000-6000 iu / weekly) for 3-6 weeks then maintain the LHRH from the HPTA via Clomid, tamoxifen/raloxifene

It may seem odd with everyones horror stories but I always felt great on clomid back when I used to do PCTs.. Very individual.

It may seem odd with everyones horror stories but I always felt great on clomid back when I used to do PCTs.. Very individual.

I was just going to suggest this. Steroid forums are ALWAYS filled with crazy horror stories about Clomid. Most are dose related. We have tons of research now thanks to Androxal - a single isomer version of Clomid. It is safe and effective.

As little as 12.5mg per day is enough to raise test levels to the middle of the range. Considering how cheap the stuff is, there isn't really a reason not to use it, no matter what the circumstances.

I agree the horror stories are mostly overblown hyperbole. Though whether enclomiphene is significantly superior to its racemic parent or just another case of patent evergreening is a story in itself. There haven't really been too many quality studies, and the FDA is (sadly) likely to reject Repros attempt to gain approval for its use in secondary hypogonadism. Definitely worth a shot if you have secondary hypogonadism though.

Unfortunately most AAS-using bodybuilders probably have a combination of predominantly primary and some secondary, so it wouldn't be that useful for us. But for those recovering from opiates etc it may have more utility.

CFC: Do you believe that AAS uses can cause primary hypogonadism? I am new to Bluelight (obviously) - but so far this forum seems free of the AAS induced irrational mania that predominates on the internet forums.

CFC: Do you believe that AAS uses can cause primary hypogonadism? I am new to Bluelight (obviously) - but so far this forum seems free of the AAS induced irrational mania that predominates on the internet forums.

I believe there has been recent research put forward by CFC to show ROS in testes due to exogenous testosterone conversion is likely responsible for oxidative damage to sertoli cells.. This can however be countered by supplementing with taurine 3-5g/day and royal jelly 1g/day on cycle.. As opposed to employing PCT to restart HPTA which may be too late as damage may have already occurred...

Clomiphene sides, yes. Why not cut clomiphene dose to the bare minimum and give it in context. First, naltrexone, to take the brakes off of LH release (as depressed by opiates), and second, bromocriptine, to overcome sometimes-sluggish response to naltrexone.