• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dexedrine 15mg spansules do nothing

Orthanatos

Greenlighter
Ok, so i'm in first year of college. Finals are coming up, I know people use add meds to help focus and study. I have friends who get them prescribed so my friend gives me 5 of the 15mg dexedrine spansules with little orange beads in them. I want them to be IR so I take a pill, crush all the little orange beads to the point where there are no beads left and parachute it.

15 minutes goes by. Nothing

30 minutes. Nothing

2 hours. Nothing. I decide to take a second one, so i do the same thing, but this time let it absorb under my tongue due to my friend telling me it may work better sublingually.

Literally feel nothing! The next day, which is today, I take 2 of them crushed up sublingually at the same time so 30mg of dextroamphetamine and I have never used any amphetamine so I should have 0 tolerance and I feel absolutely nothing! Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated, just looking for a little boost in studying for finals. Thank you for any help and honest answers.

Edit: It is 12:00 pm now and I am about to take my 3rd and last dex in hopes of feeling a boost in helping me study.

Last edited:
No, your reaction is not typical at all. Are you certain they're legit?

I'll move this to BDD for more replies -->

Well yes the beads were very hard to crush up and the white salt like it should have come out of them. I know and trust the guy I got them from, a good friend. But I do notice my heart is beating a bit faster than normal, but nothing else at all. No euphoria, no focus, just feel normal. Would it be dangerous to take the third? I have it crushed up but am uncertain on what to do. I know if I don't take it now it won't do anything if I take it on it's own.

Dude your taking xr the peak is at +8 hours you might be id giveup for the day. Nexttime take them orally in the morning eating a solid breakfast maybe get a lihjt low intensity workout (helpse stretch out and wakeup nothing tiring) them study from +6 to + 12 hours sipping on a sugary b everage if u cant eat

Dude your taking xr the peak is at +8 hours you might be id giveup for the day. Nexttime take them orally in the morning eating a solid breakfast maybe get a lihjt low intensity workout (helpse stretch out and wakeup nothing tiring) them study from +6 to + 12 hours sipping on a sugary b everage if u cant eat

Yes I am taking XR but I am crushing the extended release coating on the beads so it will be Instant release like I said above. The peak should be very shortly after ingestion.

Like he said, he's intending to crush the beads in an attempt to defeat the extended-release mechanism. He should feel effects rapidly depending on stomach content and should peak around 3-4 hours. Unfortunately, while the tips regarding exercise and healthy eating are great and actually not recommended enough in this context, the sugary beverage is probably a bad idea. Stimulants like Amphetamine, as I'm sure you know, often cause dry mouth (Xerostomia). Saliva is your teeth's first line of defense against insults. When you lose the saliva, it's a field day for all of the nasty shit in our mouths and drinking sugary beverages has the potential to greatly accelerate tooth decay.

I've read in multiple places, which could be bullshit, I admit, that a major contributing factor in the development of Methamphetamine-Induced Tooth Decay (Meth Mouth) is the perfect storm of long-periods with little to no saliva combined with consumption of sugary beverages like soda. I'm not really a soda drinker, but a lot of Americans do drink soda on a regular basis, seemingly substituting Mountain Dew for water (my cousins from southern Illinois).

OP, I would avoid the sublingual administration with this stuff. It's not a route that offers a lot of meaningful benefit and there's actually a fair bit of powder/beads in those spansules if I remember correctly. If you didn't feel one of them, I would consider crushing two, putting them in a glass of water, stir vigorously, down the water, rinse the glass, down the rinse and you should be good.

I've actually never encountered somebody who's systemically immune to the effects of Amphetamines. I've met people who are immune to the effects of various other drugs, including Opioids, but this is a new one.

OP, I would avoid the sublingual administration with this stuff. It's not a route that offers a lot of meaningful benefit and there's actually a fair bit of powder/beads in those spansules if I remember correctly. If you didn't feel one of them, I would consider crushing two, putting them in a glass of water, stir vigorously, down the water, rinse the glass, down the rinse and you should be good.

I've actually never encountered somebody who's systemically immune to the effects of Amphetamines. I've met people who are immune to the effects of various other drugs, including Opioids, but this is a new one.

Well this is what happened. I swallowed 2 of the completely crushed up spansules yesterday at 12:00pm, didn't feel anything so at 3:00pm I crushed up and swallowed a third, making it 45mg overall. After about 30 minutes to an hour I started to slightly feel the effects, very subtle, but definitely lifted my mood and made me a bit more energetic. Actually lasted til almost 1:00 AM. I just still cannot understand why I need so much to effect me... I will probably check with my doctor. My friend just snorted one spansule and is feeling the effects reportedly much more than I did off 3. And he has quite a bit of previous experience with amphetamines.