Let's make Music Great Again! ?

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
Hi all, I grew up to music in 80s and 90s which were my favourite decades especially the rave era of the90s, it really was a special decade for electronic and dance music of the time. But where is music now? A lot of music scene seems dead to me now or am I just to old (37) or we need to make MUSIC great again?

Here a video to watch if you wish what I think on subject:-

https://youtu.be/Qxu_BwWRDx0

Cheers

Mark

SO LET THE BEST OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC 2016 THREAD BEGIN!!!!

%)%)%)=D=D=D=D=D%)%)%)

Hi all, I grew up to music in 80s and 90s which were my favourite decades especially the rave era of the90s, it really was a special decade for electronic and dance music of the time. But where is music now? A lot of music scene seems dead to me now or am I just to old (37) or we need to make MUSIC great again?

Here a video to watch if you wish what I think on subject:-

https://youtu.be/Qxu_BwWRDx0

Cheers

Mark

"Let's make Music Great Again! ? "

Jesus, did you just paraphrase Donald trump?

Maatttee, that's quite the pessimistic attitude towards electronic music you're harbouring there. The nineties has been and gone for about twenty years now. Music changes and evolves. Yes, we all get nostalgic about certain times of our life or era's which we consider some kind of epitome; but taste in music is completely subjective and differs from person to person. As people transition into adulthood, they're the ones that pack out clubs and sustain the ever changing succession of dominant genres. They don't want to listen to 90's music in the same way that you didn't want to listen to Guns and Roses or the Beatles. It's what their parents listened to and there's new stuff. That is being inventive.

And why give a shit what Radio 1, Pete Tong or Ministry of Sound are playing? They're commercial money making enterprises, and have never been a representation of underground quality. They just cash in on whatever's going to make them the most cash in any given epoch. Perhaps you're looking in the wrong places?

There is so much good quality, interesting electronic music out there, and unless you can differentiate in a double blind test between analogue and digital equipment, which most people couldn't, then there is no difference other than the label you attach to it.

If you don't like what you hear, then make your own, exactly the way you'd like it to sound. That's a genuine recommendation. But just remember that there is no way to "make electronic music great again", because for many people it already is, or will be again, and for others it will be the opposite. That's subjectivity for you.

But either way, I can guarantee that there is a tonne of new electronic music out there which you have never heard, or even heard anything like, doing new things and using both analogue and digital equipment.

One great way would be to get rid of all these long-ass intros musicians have been plopping into the start of their recordings.

When everyone does it every time, it forces me to skip thru the song before giving it a chance... :/

hehe=D

I'll just plant this old school here. Without learning of the past we can not venture into a better future...etc. etc. :)