Seizure... but how?

• Thread starter Mr. Desperation
  • Start date
M

Mr. Desperation

I have been battling my demons for 10 years - the first 5 to 6 were controllable and fun. Around number 7 I checked myself into a rehabilitation clinic. I was clean for 8 months... then drank beer again and was happy the rest of that year. Out of the blue, one day I bought some Kratom. You can guess what happen from there.

It's year 10 and I've been putting up a firght. For the most part zubsolv and my antidepressants.

But I go on these benders - and it's like anything I'm in the mood for.

A week ago on a Saturday, being off my bupe - I got a hold of some blues for cheap... and I was doing my normal breakfast lunch and dinner doses. I got laid off (since then Ive found a job). Stress and anxiety totally controlled my thoughts... so what did I do - I did more. But my tolerance is HIGH.

Earlier that day I had a job outside - I was in a deep anxious/depressive mind set, didn't eat didn't drink any water... I had a pill of E so I ate half, continued my daily Roxie's and finished the job.

That night I was fine - I had a dinner to go to so I took just enough blues to be calm and normal. As I parked my car, I remember nothing for about 30 minutes.

I had a seizure! I've never had one in my life, and I've had buffets of substances in my day with no ill effects.

Dehydration? Poly-drug interaction from earlier... is anyone familiar?

Peace and Love

I have been done a lot of reading on drug interactions and seizures because I went through benzo withdrawal, I have had a bad reaction to tramadol, I had a kratom habit, and smoke meth occasionally.

The only thing I can think of is the E must have triggered the seizure somehow. Probably because it messes with seretonin.

Have you been taking anything other then opiates lately?

I am guessing it was your brain chemistry and the E sent you over the edge.

I really hope you figure this out and are doing ok.

Do you smoke weed? Weed may be great for preventing seizures and just protecting your brain in general.

I hope someone with more knowledge shares their opinion.

You've been doing a load of drugs which are used medically to prevent seizures and/or that cause them in withdrawal. This means your seizure threshold will be all over the place.

Sounds like your brain was wanting release.

Hello Mr. Desperation! Yes, you're seizure threshold is all over the place right now. It would be in your best interest to take a break from as many substances as possible. I was a poly-substance abuse for 17 years and seldom had issues until I stopped benzos. My last benzo was almost 7 years ago and to this day my threshold is lower than it used to be prior to benzo withdrawal. Tramadol absolutely messes me up, and I have noticed that Kratom tends to lower that as well. My recommendation to you is to make your prescribed medication you priority and ensure that you take those. If you absolutely must supplement with recreational substances then slowly works them in one at a time. Moving forward I would be very careful if I were you. Take care!

I have had similar experiences with tramadol and kratom.

I also have been a poly drug user for years. My usual binge would consist of alcohol, crystal meth, heroin, and lots of benzos. I have slowed down a lot these days.

Recently I took some tramadol and some kratom within the same week and I ended up having several sleep paralysis episodes during the night. It was either sleep paralysis or nocturnal seizures.

I started smoking weed again and the episodes went away.

Kratom has some sort of SSRI quality to it that not many people seem to know about. It is an odd substance.

Tramadol is just terrible, I hate it, I am pretty sure I almost had a seizure after taking only 100mgs, and I didn't feel right for at least three days.