• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Having panic attack after taking Kratom :(

ThisIsKitty

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

I've been taking on and off ~2 years now and have recently been taking about 15 grams a day for the past 6 months with breaks every month or so. I just read and article about a man who had heart failure after taking kratom for 2 years (He was taking other drugs though!)

I've been seeing stories lately of people having heart issues with Kratom and as I'm sitting here after dosing Kratom, I am genuinely worried/scared. Here is a link to one of the articles
http://www.borehamwoodtimes.co.uk/news/4122912._Herbal_remedy_killed_my_son_/

I've always had a fear of dying.. especially out of the blue due to a heart attack or something similar. Could this just be part of the campaign to get Kratom scheduled through fear mongering? If it is, it's working on me right now.

Last edited:
omfg F me sideways. I just picked my balls up off the floor and decided to give the whole article a read through.. THIS GUY WAS TAKING ROIDS AND THEYRE BLAMING HIS DEATH ON KRATOM? Im sorry guys, this topic is a waste of space now. This guy had ADHD and was taking steroids for muscle gain... But lets blame Kratom. I was worried for nothing.

But still, what are the chances of heart failure with Kratom, if any?

People with long qt syndrome should avoid it. Otherwise, I haven't seen anything to worry about

If you already have anxiety that is focused on the heart you most certainly can freak yourself out and manifest all kinds of physical symptoms.

I have had anxiety for over 15 years, primarily focused on my heart, I used to be convinced I had a bad heart and I would obsess over it.

Turns out my heart is perfectly healthy and its all in my head.

Kratom is relatively harmless, so as long as your not mixing it with anything else I would not worry at all.

It would be wise to try and taper down and possibly quit though. Kratom addiction really sucks, and eventually it'll stop working as well as it did at first.

I have heard a couple questionable reports of kratom being hard on the heart, but I have read far more saying the exact opposite.

If it were bad for the heart we would have heard about it by now.

You have nothing to worry about.

There are several drugs including some well-known Opioids like Methadone that are well-known for their ability to cause cardiac issues through prolongation of the QT interval. Unfortunately, for certain people, these drugs are contraindicated as they can certainly cause death. As far as the guy being both on Kratom and Anabolic Steroids, I think you have to at least give both equal creedence. I mean, don't steroids have much more severe side-effects than most recreational drugs?

Welp, I've decided to taper down. I'm going from ~12 - 15 grams daily to 10. I'm definitely kicking it after this bag is done. I have about 40 grams left give or take, so I don't think I'll have much of an issue quitting. I've seen reports of people taking 60 grams a day and suffering seizures (This individual was also mixing with "a lot" of energy drinks a day)... why on earth would you allow yourself to get to that point? Then again I cannot judge nor should I insult them. Kratom literally started off as a once a week thing for me and all of a sudden I was taking it daily.

I just found out there is congenital heart disease on my moms side of the family. My grandfather died of a heart attack, my mom is missing a valve (or the valve isn't functioning properly; something to do with scar tissue) and my aunt suffered a heart attack a few years ago. I'm going to swap Kratom for CBD marijuana

Anyways guys, I've scheduled a doctors visit on Wednesday the 7th of December. I plan on having both my liver and my heart tested. I'll post back here with the results. Should I mention my Kratom usage?
Huzzah for free health care!

I'm trying really hard to enjoy this buzz right now but all of this new information is very difficult fight off.