• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Drugs going thru withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaykay222

Greenlighter
So can anyone help or point me in right direction for when a person is unable to score any heroin is there anything in particular that is good for helping out until the next hit?

excluding alcohol as I'm a ex alcoholic and don't have any desire to drink again?

benzos? Maybe?

im going doctors tomorrow to talk about my drug use I was told he will probably prescribe me subutext?

any tips cheers guys

Benzodiazepines can take the edge off heroin withdrawal, they will calm you down and reduce discomfort significantly, but certainly they won't eliminate it completely. Definitely only to be used short-term as benzodiazepine addiction can be at least as bad to kick as opioid addiction if not worse in its extreme form. Apart from benzodiazepines gabapentin or pregabalin may be effective as sedatives to some extent, though I have no personal experience with them, seems like benzodiazepines are generally more effective, but like I wrote, and it can't be stressed enough, don't start taking them regularly, the dependence and withdrawal are hellish once you get tolerant, don't get hooked on their brilliant anxiolytic properties, it is so easy to do it.

If you can somehow get a hold of codeine or dihydrocodeine, these can diminish or even eliminate withdrawal depending on your tolerance, they're opioids but much weaker than heroin. If you take Subutex, then make sure not to take it sooner than at least 24 hours since your last hit as it can cause precipitated withdrawal, you really need to be in full withdrawal to take it. Obviously, if you take Subutex, then don't take weak opioids like codeine or dihydrocodeine, and also don't take heroin on top of it. Also, it is preferable to use buprenorphine only as a wean-off drug, a lot of people do report great benefits from buprenorphine maintenance, but generally the longer you stay on it, the harder it is to quit it too and quitting it is also quite different from quitting a regular opioid like heroin or morphine. I trust the doctor you're going to see will tell you all the info you need if he/she prescribes you buprenorphine, but you never know.

Just curious how big of a habit you have. I take 100mg of oxy a day consistently and can switch to kratom and have no physical withdrawals. I buy my kratom by the kilo and take 4-5 teaspoons 3-4 times a day. Not sure it would keep you completely comfortable if your habit is bigger than that but it would certainly help.

Just curious how big of a habit you have. I take 100mg of oxy a day consistently and can switch to kratom and have no physical withdrawals. I buy my kratom by the kilo and take 4-5 teaspoons 3-4 times a day. Not sure it would keep you completely comfortable if your habit is bigger than that but it would certainly help.

aassuming 10-15mg of krat at a time, that could be equapotent to 25-40mg of morphine which should keep the devil at bay.

Sorry to post this here, but my phone won't let me make a new thread cuz there's no option for a thread prefix,using iPhone 5 btw...anyway if a mod could move this to its own thread thanks. I really wanna share this info

Hey there guys...I woulda posted this a while ago but I just got outta jail, was in for a year, made bail a couple weeks ago...they wanna sentence me to 5 years if I lose my trial (I'm gonn win tho) on allegations of armed robbery on a cocaine dealer....anyways....

I'm posting this to let u guys know a forum member has passed. His username was Thebaine87 but to me he was Jason and was one of my best friends.

Jason was extremely intelligent and knew a lot about mind altering substances.He loves the band Alice in Chains, and gifted me the aic boxset and a t shirt shortly before his death.Jason was very into the Kennedy Assassination and could talk conspiracy theories for hours.he was the one who showed me how to order drugs on the dark web (it was Silk Road back then.) we spent many a morning waiting at the mailbox for clonazepam,xanax, rare Nirvana and Alice in Chains records etc....

Unfortunately Jason suffered from chronic opioid and benzodiazepine dependence. His knowledge of the dark net, I believe mad his benzo problem worse (when u buy 3.5 mg xanax tabs for 50 cents- 1$ addiction is very likely)

Sorry to rant but he was one of my best buds.

I truly believe that Jason was in alprazolam withdrawal when he died of a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head....So if anyone plans on a ct bento kick, please reconsider....

We'll have a good day, and have Thebaine87 in ur thoughts

Peace - OG

Again I don't want to hijack the thread....just my phone won't seem to allow me to start a new thread. I'm hoping a mod can move it to its own thread.

To the O.P,
Is taking other opiates completely out of the question?if not u can pretty much substitute all the potent opioids for on another...though like someone else said, depending where u are u maybe able to purchase codeine or even better, if ur in the uk or Europe, dihydrocodeine or possibly even tramadol I hear...for me tramadol eliminated withdrawals of a 300-400 mg a day IV morphine habit. I even got buzzed....anyways those are ur best bets for immediate relief...if u can wait order Kratom or poppy pods. My friend recently got off high dose methadone with Kratom actually.

Poppy seeds and making tea. Bob's red mill is OK, but not amazing at least that's the case when I picked it up. If you can buy bulk seeds that smell flowery, have plant bits in it, and smell strongly of poppy flower they should be quite potent as essentially it's opium tea you'll end up with. You want organic unwashed seeds if you ask, but that honestly might get you looked at strange.

When you have your sticky opium covered seeds empty a two liter soda, wash the bottle, and use a funnel to fill it with anywhere from a quarter pound to a full pound of seeds. Then add lukewarm water(not hot lukewarm as it will work fine even with cold water) until you have water just above the seeds with maybe a cm of water layer between the floating seeds and submerged seeds. After letting it soak for twenty minutes while shaking a few times while waiting for it to soak you will then unscrew the cap only a bit, but not a lot so you can turn it upsidedown over your cup with or without a coffee filter as done right only tea will come out not seeds and let it pour out as you hold the cap on squeezing bottle to cause it to leak faster. You can also use a French press for coffee, but I doubt you'll be able to fit a large amount of seeds.

If the tea is dark, yellow, and strong smelling it's a good sign. The only indicator though will be how much it taste like a crushed up morphine pill as you'll literally have morphine and other opium alkaloid based tea once you are finished. Do not underestimate the strength of your tea and sip very slowly. If you can't handle the taste mix with juice either completely or just a shot glass worth at a time. Wait a good 30 minutes between doses if not an hour as even though in my experience it would kick in after ten minutes it could build strength and end up knocking you on your ass even be a lethal overdose if you think that it's not that strong and end up drinking more before the peak hits. Be very careful as a poppy seed tea habit can be more dangerous than even a heroin habit not just due to strength, but extreme varying potency of seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.